Hacking what happens when you launch CHBC's "DONT TOUCH TILE"?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You won't brick. HaxChi will just work as if it's by its own. It's just says don't touch me because you shouldn't reinstall over it or delete it. Your stuck with it "CBHC'd"

Reactions: Tizm

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually copied my haxchi title to the mlc partition in order to keep the original icon and text that I was using. the usb takes priority over the mlc, so it will override the "don't touch me" text and icon.

Rapt0rRed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I bit the bullet and gave it a whirl a few weeks back. It just boots up Haxchi and reruns the exploit. And to be honest, I actually prefer entering HBL via the CBHC menu because I'm getting tired of my console freezing after using the HBL Channel XD

Last edited by Rapt0rRed,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been thinking about this. did u perhaps copy the haxchi title to the internal flash? what if haxchi is booting up, because the system prioritizes the usb, so the game on the home menu is not the same one that's being used with cbhc? the system either prioritizes the usb drive or it prioritizes whichever game was installed first (i.e. usb or mlc). that's my theory anyway. it seems odd that there's even a copy function to begin with.

LaPingas

let's go mangoooooo
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Wow guys is it that hard to find?
Because I installed CBHC with no costume assets for the DS app, I launched it once by accident and.. it's actually just the CBHC menu you get by powering up your console.
Like a quick way to get to HBL AFTER powering on the Wii U without restarting the system.
All CBHC does is to make THIS app launch when powering on the Wii U, and it has the warnings because if you delete or move the app to USB without changing the properties of the boot process back to booting to the home menu at the beginning, the Wii U won't find the app to boot and will be stuck.

Reactions: JAB03

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the "do not touch" and icon r meant to remind u not to move or delete the game from within system settings. the metadata indexer works with both system settings as well as the home menu. the only difference is that it takes longer to scan in system settings due to the fact that the system has to read over the entire hdd in order to calculate game sizes. I think the reason there have been mixed results is due to copying rather than moving the game. when u copy the game, the cbhc install is installed to the game on the internal flash while the haxchi install is left intact on the usb drive. it's read first either from being installed first or due to being on the usb. I've heard of black screens by trying to open the cbhc game on the home menu, but that may be due to not installing haxchi first, then copying the game. though, you'd think it would just load the original game that was used for haxchi/cbhc.

Reactions: JAB03

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol