What games have you NEVER played but want to? Why haven't you played them?

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
GAME: DOOM
REASON: Too lazy to look for the required files to load it.

GAME: HALO
REASON: Not owning a PlayStation

GAME: DARK SOULS
REASON: They won't release it on the Nintendo Gamecube.

Do you have any particular wish to play certain games? Why haven't you played them?

JuanMena

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Eh? Surely the reason for NOT playing Halo is not owning an Xbox?

Anyway...

Game: Robinson the Journey PSVR.
Reason: Motion sickness in first 10 mins.

Genuinely gutted I can’t play this game, looks superb on youtube.

Oh really?
Virtual Reality huh?
I'd like to try it someday.

How come Nintendo hasn't made Pokemon Snap! in VR?

Reactions: Xzi

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh really?
Virtual Reality huh?
I'd like to try it someday.

How come Nintendo hasn't made Pokemon Snap! in VR?

THAT is a great question.

Pokemon snap is the ONE Pokemon game I ever wanted to play, and I smashed it 100%.

That game need an official up to date sequel.

Reactions: JuanMena and Xzi

JuanMena

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
THAT is a great question.

Pokemon snap is the ONE Pokemon game I ever wanted to play, and I smashed it 100%.

That game need an official up to date sequel.
Agreed!
Completing that game is quite tricky, specially if you didn't knew the little secrets to get the other Pokemons to show up.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Game: Conker's Bad Fur Day
Reason: it has an unavoidable crash pretty early on in Project64.

Game: the Half-Life games
Reason: I've started all of them at some point, but never finished any apart from HL2:E1

Game: basically every indie game as of late
Reason: never in the mood

Reactions: JuanMena

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The Order 1886. Got it at a bargain price back when it came out, it’s gathered dust ever since because there’s always been something else to play instead. I’ll get to it one day.

Reactions: JuanMena

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Game: Panzer Dragoon Orta, or any other Panzer Dragoon game.
Reason: It's only on the most obscure, and by now, outdated consoles. I could always download an emulator I guess, but I'm betting on an HD remake coming sooner or later.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Note : I wanted to post more but ran out of time. Here are some real answers :

Surviving Mars : it needs a decent computer and mouse. As of now they're still not hooked up (it'll be soon, though)

Factorio. Okay... Not really true : I played through the demo. I'm sure I'll like it. But that's the entire problem :it's the sort of 'one more thing to do' game that keeps you playing much longer. Plus : build something complex and get back to it after a few weeks and you'll have to relearn what everything does.
As such, I've held off buying it (okay : it never on sale helps in that regard)

Castles of burgundy: I love digidiced; their interface is the same amongst all their games, and their games are great. On top of that, this is one of bgg's best ranked board games.
... But at this point, my interest just... Isn't there for some reason. I'm usually sold on a single hook or core idea of a game, which this game doesn't has as much. It might be a known designer's best game, but it's about rolling regular dice and assigning them in slots for... Castles?

Link's awakening switch : an obvious one... I don't have a switch. It'll be the first game I play once I get one, but at this point I just can't spare the amount of money for a new console /hybrid.

Randomdude0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Game: Basically any VR game ever
Reason: in my country, VR kits are not that easy to get and can be a bit overpriced.

Game: Xenoblade chronicles... The first one
Reason: I got a wii but I think I'll just wait for the switch version

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think