What games do you regret buying?

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Starfox Command: No one was ever online and the Single Player was crap.

Super Mario 64 DS: Stupid rehash of the 64 title that I never played.

Rayman Origins Wii: only because I would rather have it on the lush Vita screen or my 3DS for portability.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't say I remember hating Star Fox Command as much as everyone else. I bought the game but I do remember playing it and not hating it that much. Mind you this was years ago so I'm a bit fuzzy but I never remember regretting my purchase.

Although I'm sure there's plenty of reasons to dislike, mainly for being yet another Star Fox game that isn't living up to Star Fox's potential.

Lube_Skyballer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Twilight Princess. For reasons beyond my capability to be arsed, I never got to play more than an hour of it. I regret the $80 I gave for it.
Ahhh the notorios tears collecting....
After that, the game gets Idiotically good.
Just that first hour is shit.

How can people complain about the tear collecting when Skyward Sword literally has the same thing, except now with time limits and other shit to make this horrible experience even worse? I'm just saying. I've played Twilight Princess like 5 times and I never thought that the tear collecting was that bad.

Also I forgot to mention Oblivion, I really don't like that game at all. I put some hours into it but it felt so dull and bland. It almost prevented me from playing Skyrim and gave me a negative prejudice towards the series. Then I got Skyrim for Christmas and it was fucking awesome. Oblivion's still on my shelf but I doubt I'll take it out again.

What is this I don't even....
Oblivion and Skyrim are very similiar at the core gameplay-wise. Skyrim has expanded the universe and the gameplay a bit, but it remains largely the same game as Skyrim.
Give Oblivion another shot! The first hours of a game are often not representative for the whole game.
In fact, many fantastic games have boring first hours. For game designers it's a real challenge to immediately get the player's full attention...

Reactions: 1 person

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I rarely regret the games I buy, but there was some I bought that I wished I ranted or borrowed before hand.
1. Cursed Mountain: It was just bad, I didn't get far into the game, but what little I played I didn't enjoy.
2. I know everyone is going to hate me for saying this, but GoldenEye 007 for my wii. I had so much hope that this game would blow me away like the old one did, but the moment I started playing it, it just didn't feel the same. I played through a bit of the game, but I just didn't enjoy it like the old one. I still might have bought it later, but I regret buying it before I tested it out.
3. Kirby's Epic Yarn, the game was a cake walk. I chose not to finish it because of how easy the game was. I died once in the and that was playing multiplayer with Mike, who didn't know how to play the game at that time. After we played it for a bit, the game was impossible to lose at. So it's another game I would have still bought, but I wish I tested it out before buying it.
4. Pokemon Battle Revolution, no where near as good as Pokemon Stadium and for the first time ever when I cared about online game play saving this game, even that fell flat on it's ass.

The list would have been longer if i didn't sell all the games that I either didn't like or they disappointed me.

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
renting probably doesn't count but when I was young little tyke I rented this at Blockbuster:

250px-Superman64box.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Final fantasy xiii series
In the first game, they made it to rigid and sometimes slow. And i hated Vanille and Hope
In the second game, TOO DAMN SHORT. And needed more snow and sazh, and a better ending. Instead they rip me with dlc which should have been in the game.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh, there are a lot but for the sake of not writing a long list I'll put down one.
Blazblue CS for PS3. A friend recommended it to me and like an idiot I paid $40 for it.
Never again.

Yumi

With Love<3
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Mexico
Twilight Princess - It is very beautiful but the atmosphere was too depressing, being wolf link was a bit boring, and well..i just didnt think it was worth what i spent on it.

Super Monkey Ball Wii - FALL OUT!

Dance Dance Revolution for Wii - Not enough good dance songs.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soul Calibur V.

The fighting itself was good as always, but replacing the character storylines from arcade mode with that bizarrely horrendous campaign (not to mention shoving in four "random fighter" characters to pad out the roster)? Definitely not worth full price.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
1) Mario Kart Super Circuit (terrible controls)
2) Pokemon Sapphire (already had Ruby; Emerald was WELL worth it)
3) Pokemon Platinum (already had Diamond)
4) DK64 (didn't know about expansion pak)
5) My DoItAll (POS)
6) Call of Duty 2 PC Pad (POS) not game

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Conduit - The game had a cool atmosphere and awesome weapons, but for some reason, it just didn't stick; I tried the online mode and while the servers are a lot more stable than Brawl's abysmal ones, it just didn't seem like the game for me. It was very over-hyped and very anticlimactic. Sold it towards getting a PS3.

Sonic and the Secret Rings - No explanation is needed; we all know why people didn't like this one. Also sold this towards getting a PS3.

Street Fighter VI 3D - This goes along with getting a 3DS, I couldn't see 3D in Street Fighter due to a visual impairment (20/150 vision in my left eye). Yes, 3D is a gimmick, but why get the 3DS without using the 3D? I thought that since it works by using parallax barriers and producing the image twice (the whole glasses free thing) that I would be able to see the effect once and for all. How wrong I was. I sold SFIV 3D and 3DS for in-store credit.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AH, I've actually got another one! Animal Crossing (the GC one). I wasn't like, angry that I bought it, but I was totally like, "ughhh this was a waste of money..." I tried a bunch of times to get into it, but in the end it was like, "Arghh...!" And I usually like games where you collect furniture and clothes and stuff!

But like Guild said, even with games that I didn't totally enjoy or would ever play again, I felt like I ended up getting my money's worth.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Mario Kart Super Circuit (terrible controls)
2) Pokemon Sapphire (already had Ruby; Emerald was WELL worth it)
3) Pokemon Platinum (already had Diamond)
4) DK64 (didn't know about expansion pak)
5) My DoItAll (POS)
6) Call of Duty 2 PC Pad (POS) not game
did you buy dk64 second hand or something? i swear the expansion pak was bundled with the game

Click This

Surgite!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3-in-1(Or, more like three physical games mashed into a large box) pak Cruise Tycoon/Airport Tycoon 2/Railroad Tycoon (PC) for $9. Shitty games that had problems just running on any of my systems. It also came with equally shitty gameplay.

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fable. My god, I expected it to be this amazing game that my friends were going on about at the time but I found it to be so generic and boring.
Oblivion, same reason as Fable. I did not enjoy Oblivion at all, luckily I managed to get it returned to the store for something else.
NeverWinter Nights 2. Just seemed disapointing after the original, I can beleive I forked out extra for the collectors edition at launch.

Yet oddly enough I don't regret buying FF13, granted I bought it about 6 months after launch and knew what I was expecting.

My Sega CD

Aww come on. Sonic CD made it all worth it :)

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Twilight Princess. For reasons beyond my capability to be arsed, I never got to play more than an hour of it. I regret the $80 I gave for it.
Ahhh the notorios tears collecting....
After that, the game gets Idiotically good.
Just that first hour is shit.

How can people complain about the tear collecting when Skyward Sword literally has the same thing, except now with time limits and other shit to make this horrible experience even worse? I'm just saying. I've played Twilight Princess like 5 times and I never thought that the tear collecting was that bad.

Also I forgot to mention Oblivion, I really don't like that game at all. I put some hours into it but it felt so dull and bland. It almost prevented me from playing Skyrim and gave me a negative prejudice towards the series. Then I got Skyrim for Christmas and it was fucking awesome. Oblivion's still on my shelf but I doubt I'll take it out again.

SSword the collecting was alot less long. nor did it felt like a tutorial of 1.5 hours.
But I agree, ninty is loosing it on the Zelda franchise, I was'ntt emerged in the last iteration. felt unfinished to me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak like a Wlaker