Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fable 2.

Was a huge fan of the first game. Followed Fable 2 all the way, and it sounded amazing. Then I finally get it home and it's a steaming cesspool of dogshit and ass. They killed basically every single aspect that made Fable 1 fun, and instead of FIXING the problems from Fable 1, made those problems EVEN WORSE (no penalty deaths being a good example). I've never been so disappointed with a game in my life.

Thank god I wasn't stupid enough to buy Fable 3. Even a rental felt like a waste.

Reactions: 1 person

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
super paper mario

i hated it. i specially regret it because i hate all the other paper marios, i tough this would be different enough but i still hated it.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a few from my head. FF13 was just awful.. I dont know how far I got at that game. Had it at launch I think :/

I honestly wonder how many copies of FFXIII were returned a week after launch. My friend did the same exact thing - played like 10 hours and then just said, "OK, that's enough...". I have friends who love the game, but still, I know a lot of people were disappointed.

rehevkor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Every game my flatmate made me buy for co-op/online.

Dead Island
Lost Planet 2
Many Call of Duties +stupidly overpriced DLC
Fable 3
Any many more.

Most of them weren't bad games as such, just games I'd have little to no interest in were I not influenced into buying them. I don't know why I kept buying them, perhaps something to do with peer pressure. It's the nature of how I came about playing them that in the end made me hate them.

Oh yes, and of course the winner of them all is FINAL FANTASY XIII. But I can't blame my flatmate on that - it was my own stupidity for thinking I'd enjoy it.

Honourable mention goes to Mass Effect 3.

PriMieon

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
super street fighter IV for the 3ds but i wanted a game on release... then there are games my dad bought for me but i did not buy them but i wish that he had rather got a other game but i wont count them since i didnt lost any money out of it

koimayeul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hum squeeze out the rage baby that's good lol.. Just reminded other two :

- Tomb Raider 3.. Second was arguably bad but this one was a smoking turd period. The worst level design to date such a mess of pixels with boobs. I could not finish a single level and the open selection did not help at all to add any sense.

- Soul Reaver 2 : Maybe because i so adored the first LoK games on my PsOne and the Dreamcast port? I will get it again on GoG soon for my comp but this second one left me craving for more of the first.. It was gorgeous and all but felt empty all over, no power upgrade, no feel of progression whatsoever and a hell of a convoluted story with that Moebius ass.. Loved Defiance later with the great villain Kain teaming with Raziel though! WIsh for a rebirth of the franchise.

PriMieon

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Crysis 1
The campaign was good, but did not provide any replay value whatsoever. It was a pretty good program to benchmark my then newly upgraded computer though.

Company of Heroes
Too much micromanagement for my taste. It never really got me hooked. Good thing I bought it on a Steam sale.

Call of Duty: Black Ops
I preferred Modern Warfare 2 and should have stuck with that.

Battlefield 3
Now don't get me wrong, the game was good all round. The only problem was and still is Origin.
i never replay games.... i hate to do that... just like movies... hate to watch a movie twice

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Kid Icarus Uprising. Seriously, that game will bring on early arthritis. I didn't like it for other reasons, but that was the main one. When your control scheme requires a stand, you know you fucked up.

Also Tetris Axis. What game these days doesn't save anything other than the high scores? The settings don't even save, meaning I have to change the background and music for every mode EVERY time I want to play the game. Also Tetris DS was much better, The modes were so much fun, as opposed to Tetris Axis' modes which are not-so-fun, and the AR modes are the same modes as regular except WOW, AR!

Ultymoo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's only one game I've ever regretted buying, and that was Wario Ware for the Gamecube. I didn't know it was essentially the exact same game as the GBA version at the time, and ended up with sadface.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Twilight Princess. For reasons beyond my capability to be arsed, I never got to play more than an hour of it. I regret the $80 I gave for it.
Ahhh the notorios tears collecting....
After that, the game gets Idiotically good.
Just that first hour is shit.

How can people complain about the tear collecting when Skyward Sword literally has the same thing, except now with time limits and other shit to make this horrible experience even worse? I'm just saying. I've played Twilight Princess like 5 times and I never thought that the tear collecting was that bad.

Also I forgot to mention Oblivion, I really don't like that game at all. I put some hours into it but it felt so dull and bland. It almost prevented me from playing Skyrim and gave me a negative prejudice towards the series. Then I got Skyrim for Christmas and it was fucking awesome. Oblivion's still on my shelf but I doubt I'll take it out again.

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
Skyward Sword (overhyped)
Bayonetta (weird)
Assassin's Creed Revelations (boring),
Ocarina of Time 3DS (overrated)
Mass Effect 3 (disappointing)

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Games I regret buying:
  • Alice in Wonderland (Wii) - The game is just terrible, like most movie-based games are. I could have gotten the DS version for the same price instead, and that would have actually been worth it.
  • The Wizard of Oz (SNES) - I bought this when I was a kid...with my own money! Even back then, I thought it was absolutely terrible.
  • Michael Jackson: The Experience (Kinect) - We were trying out the neighbor's Kinect and, despite being told it was bad by a friend, bought this game. The game is so bad that I got sick just watching everyone else play it.
  • Endless Ocean (Wii) - It wasn't a bad game, just boring. Really boring. We were hoping for maybe a shark fight...?
  • Contra 4 (NDS) - I bought it for a friend's birthday and they ended up exchanging it at Gamestop for a different game and I didn't even get my money back.
If I remember more, they'll be edited in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.