What do you watch on YouTube when you are having a tough mental health day?

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mental health is real, and serious. It's important to have some sort of escape, sometimes, or even just something that blocks out the demons screaming at you all the time.

I like watching videos of screaming goats. OzzyMan Reviews. TeamFourStar, anything. Viva La Dirt League, anything. Compilation videos titled something like "Animals who asked humans for help and received it", or "Soldiers coming home/surprising family". Videos of babies getting hearing aids and hearing their mama's voice for the first time. Either stuff that makes, lets or allows me to cry naturally and cleanse myself, or something that will make me laugh and separate me from my anxiety.

What do you guys and gals and all else gravitate towards when you need a mental health boost?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I watch anything new showing up in my subscription tab, or watch new recommended contents that might interest me.
Else, I would rewatch videos I had not watched for a while just for the refreshing take on what I enjoyed watching previously.

HellGhast

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
Console repair vids like TronicsFix is good for me to relax to, otherwise I mainly watch motorsports especially GT3 series like Gt-World, 24h Nurburgring, Fanatec etc with Mercedes ////AMG-GT3 being my favorite race car btw, Rafael Marcielo ftw or Maro Engel, or Danny Juncadella

Also love sci-show and PBS Eons, science and space stuff.

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Console repair vids like TronicsFix is good for me to relax to, otherwise I mainly watch motorsports especially GT3 series like Gt-World, 24h Nurburgring, Fanatec etc with Mercedes ////AMG-GT3 being my favorite race car btw, Rafael Marcielo ftw or Maro Engel, or Danny Juncadella

Also love sci-show and PBS Eons, science and space stuff.
I recognize your name from Joe Dever's Lone Wolf gamebooks, which automatically gives you extra points. I LOVE science and space stuff. I've pretty much run out of those two to three-hour documentaries to fall asleep to. And could now tell you anything about space you ever wanted to know.

Reactions: HellGhast

HellGhast

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
I recognize your name from Joe Dever's Lone Wolf gamebooks, which automatically gives you extra points...
Not familiar with the gamebooks refered to...but I'll look 'em up when I get the time...anyway the HellGhast I adopted are the antagonists in Sony's KillZone series.

... I LOVE science and space stuff. I've pretty much run out of those two to three-hour documentaries to fall asleep to. And could now tell you anything about space you ever wanted to know...
Good for you, I too love science and space stuff. Back in the day as a kid before Internet, I used to love reading dinosaur books and anything space related, out of boredom but mostly coz I have a curious mind always looking for new info "the why's and the wherefores"

Reactions: WalterSlovotsky

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not familiar with the gamebooks refered to...but I'll look 'em up when I get the time...anyway the HellGhast I adopted are the antagonists in Sony's KillZone series.

Good for you, I too love science and space stuff. Back in the day as a kid before Internet, I used to love reading dinosaur books and anything space related, out of boredom but mostly coz I have a curious mind always looking for new info "the why's and the wherefores"
If you like Choose Your Own Adventure books from back in the day, and if you are a fan of fantasy hack-and-slash RPGs, you will LOVE LOVE LOVE Lone Wolf.

They are all right here, completely for free, and you can read them all either online or download them. Online is the easiest, and there are even Android and IOS apps to make it even easier, for free.

https://www.projectaon.org/en/Main/Books

You will love it.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
i'd steer clear from watchin yt if you wanna keep ur sanity intact
I would argue that the entire Internet applies to this statement, if we are being cynical. 😼

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, there are good things to find on YouTube, if you look. Any port in a storm. I just wanted to see if anyone else had some go-to stuff that they watch to get out of a bad mental day. That's all.

HellGhast

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
If you like Choose Your Own Adventure books from back in the day, and if you are a fan of fantasy hack-and-slash RPGs, you will LOVE LOVE LOVE Lone Wolf.

They are all right here, completely for free, and you can read them all either online or download them. Online is the easiest, and there are even Android and IOS apps to make it even easier, for free.

https://www.projectaon.org/en/Main/Books

You will love it.
As an avid reader I say thanks for the link, I'll definitely download to add to my massive backlog of ePubs.

I use Read-Era btw, an awesome eReader imo.

Man where was all this tech back in the day when I used to re-read novels 2 or 3 times and encyclopedias out of sheer boredom coz we had little money for buying luxury items like paperbacks, or rent Vhs tapes

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As an avid reader I thanks for the link, I'll definitely download to add to my massive backlog of ePubs.

I use Read-Era btw, an awesome eReader imo.

Man where was all this tech back in the day when I used to re-read novels 2 or 3 times and encyclopedias out of sheer boredom coz we had little money for buying luxury items like paperbacks, or rent Vhs tapes
Well, the online versions are kind of ace, because instead of turning a page, you just click the page number and it takes you to the next section. There was even a Nintendo DS port of the first five books, which even had music and a few graphics added in.

I still think the Lone Wolf app for Android is the best, best way to play them. Has all of the stats-keeping done for you and makes the Random Number Table a lot easier to use, without cheating. Can't say enough good things about this series. It will keep you entertained for days if you make it all the way through, since you get to carry over everything from one book to the next, with increased stats and abilities.

Perfect for anyone who likes CYOA, Dungeons and Dragons-esque game books, etc.

Glad I could share it with you.

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
My "escape" is watching Electronics Repair School YT Channel's videos.

In the process of viewing them, my brain disconnects and reconnects again on a diferent frequency trying to understand the process of repairing electronic devices, and that helps me a lot.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As long as its not TikTok, you'd wanna bleach your eyes afterwards.
Post automatically merged:

Modding videos are always fascinating to watch for me, sometimes I love listening to podcasts.

Last edited by SylverReZ,

EddieEddie90

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I like watching ghost videos, but I have been doing the same for over 5 years now, so it begins to grow kind of stale, so I've been watching Dross (paranormal content youtuber, very famous here in latin america) the content he uploads is always fresh to me so it's good.

Otherwise I watch what youtube recommends me on the home page.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto