What do you think of DKOldies?

DuduMil

Der Hallomann
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I think it's too expensive to buy retro games from there, €110+ for Mario Kart Double Dash and other GCN games? 300€ for the Wii? €270 for a Mega Drive? 60€ for some Wii games?

They do horrible deals, you should never buy from there, it's always a lot cheaper to buy from Ebay, from garage sales, from local stores...

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Never heard of them until now. Their prices are ridiculous. All the local second hand game shops near me sell the Wii for £10 to £15 pounds this site has it at £115.

I also just picked up a copy of Mario Kart Double Dash in perfect condition including instruction book from one of said local stores for £5 yet this rip of site has a copy at £105. Fuck they are selling the instructions for the game on it's own at £85.

PlayStation 3 second hand in local stores £80 to £100 not on this site over £200

RIP off bastards

Last edited by AmandaRose,
Reactions: CoolMe and peteruk

catlover007

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I also just picked up a copy of Mario Kart Double Dash in perfect condition including instruction book from one of said local stores for £5 yet this rip of site has a copy at £105. Fuck they are selling the instructions for the game on it's own at £85.
MK Double Dash for 5 pounds? They must really not know what they're selling. 110€ is on the completely other side of the spectrum though.

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There are some shops in germany, usually standalone and via ebay, but they mostly also have raised prices, but not as worse as described.
Pawn shops with videogames are a rarity in my eyes in european countries.
in my opinion: Used consoles = gamestop or ebay or the formerly named "ebay classifieds (=ebay kleinanzeigen).
Pawn shop usually only want to buy your gold.

Last edited by mrgone,

catlover007

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
in my opinion: Used consoles = gamestop or ebay or the formerly named "ebay classifieds (=ebay kleinanzeigen).
I usually find asking prices for old games on Ebay Kleinanzeigen always to be somewhat higher than whan those things tend to end up on regular Ebay. Then again, I don't like barganing that much on Ebay Kleinanzeigen.

Where I like to buy games when I'm not looking for something specific is on the fleemarket. Lots of people just sell things for whatever they saw them going for on Ebay, but not always, and even if atleast you can actually look at the items yourself.
You also need to look out on who's a private seller and who's a commercial seller. The latter doesn't necessarily has to have terrible prices (especially if you buy multiple items they often give you a lower price), but some also just have eggregious prices (especially the ones selling Nintendo stuff!).
In my experience when buying from private sellers who don't know the market that well prices tend to end up a bit squished, they tend to overvalue a lot of their stuff while undervaluing what actually is worth something.

Reactions: mrgone

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I usually find asking prices for old games on Ebay Kleinanzeigen always to be somewhat higher than whan those things tend to end up on regular Ebay. Then again, I don't like barganing that much on Ebay Kleinanzeigen.

Where I like to buy games when I'm not looking for something specific is on the fleemarket. Lots of people just sell things for whatever they saw them going for on Ebay, but not always, and even if atleast you can actually look at the items yourself.
You also need to look out on who's a private seller and who's a commercial seller. The latter doesn't necessarily has to have terrible prices (especially if you buy multiple items they often give you a lower price), but some also just have eggregious prices (especially the ones selling Nintendo stuff!).
In my experience when buying from private sellers who don't know the market that well prices tend to end up a bit squished, they tend to overvalue a lot of their stuff while undervaluing what actually is worth something.
maybe i should visit the fleamarket at the old munich airport again
note: my own gameboy games were sold there :)

Reactions: catlover007

catlover007

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
maybe i should visit the fleamarket at the old munich airport again
note: my own gameboy games were sold there :)
I don't know how it is down south, but atleast here next to Berlin especially if you're looking for Nintendo stuff which isn't DS shovelware or overpriced, it can be disappointing sometimes (and kind of hopeless for some consoles like GameCube :( ). Like last time there was pretty much nothing in terms of retro Nintendo games, but the time before I got Wave Race and Pilotwings 64 for a good price.

so good luck!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No it's plant breeding