What do you think Nintendo's next console could be?

ToonGoomba

Sarcastic Super Star
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Nintendo finally decides to make a home console after the Switch that is as powerful as the Xbox One X and can handle every single game that was ever made, why dont they "remake" the NES to fit into the modern era. Im just dreaming here, but what ideas do you think Nintendo has for their next console? Or even handheld?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No idea, and I honestly don't think it's worth speculating on with virtually no information
Exactly and considering we probably wont get a new console for at least another 4 to 5 years anyway this thread is pretty much pointless.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys are jerks. If he wants to speculate, why not?

When is speculation ever anything but pointless? People do it because it's fun.

Personally, I think whatever they release next is going to be very similar to the switch. Home and portable are gonna be all-in-one now. That merger isn't exactly easy to come back from imo.

Last edited by x65943,
Reactions: Shadowfied

SkyAeolus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing I could see Nintendo doing somewhat soon is focusing on the switch.
We most definitely will be getting a revision because of the hardware exploit. What that will entail? Who knows?
I think like other consoles they'll suck it dry before stopping support.

Nintendo had always been closer to the handheld market and doing things "out of the box."
In maybe 2 years we'll get a revised "New Nintendo Switch" with beefed up specs and maybe a better battery life.

Remember Nintendo isn't about making the most powerful system, but about the experience you have while playing a game.
It's what causes that people to have nostalgia and how we recognize things as "Nintendo Polish."

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm placing my bets on another hybrid console, if anything. Clearly there's a market for it and the concept sells, and as long as the other console manufacturers aren't doing it, Nintendo'll be there to fill the demand. I could see mobile chips getting better and them releasing a "Switch 2" that can at least pull its weight with the other big dogs, maybe even through a dock with a secondary GPU or something. But I think another hybrid console for sure.

JiveTheTurkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This reminds me of seeing pictures of the next "Xbox 720" when the 360 was still a thing and the pics had controllers with dozens of buttons and sticks everywhere as if the concept to imagine the design was so out of reach that we assumed it would go this way or that way with the current tech at the time.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ps4-xbox-720-badass

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ofc we know what the next console is going to be. The Nintendo 64 Classic Edition.

Joking aside, there's no point in discussing Nintendo's next gen console after the Switch when there's virtually no information out there and because the Switch has only been out for more than a year so it's still very early in its life cycle.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)