What did you Accomplish in Gaming Today?

Catastrophic

Perfectly Normal
Trophies
XP
Country
The other day I managed to complete all 49 achievements in Chivalry Medieval Warfare. Also I beat Super Mario World. Last world is really easy compared to other games in the series.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I've finally done it. I am now the very best, like no one ever was.
No trading with myself, or even breeding!
C6OY2l8.jpg

6MSysPt.jpg

74ZaRPV.jpg

bLkN8eb.jpg

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I beat Halo 3: ODST (360) for the first time, today, and on heroic difficulty. My god... I had no idea what I was missing. I wasn't quite sure if I would like it, going in, but coming out, this may be my new favorite Halo game.

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I tried to advance through the 3RD Dungeon of Etrian Odyssey IV, but some Plated Chasers F.O.E.s cornered me, took me 70 turns to finish them off with just an Arcanist and Landsknecht left.......

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I somehow managed to finish VVVVV on a touchscreen. Deaths were even comparable to me playing it with buttons (meaning: dying roughly 700 times :P ).

This was about the case with me, though I had less deaths than my other playthroughs. I guess playing through it twice before on other platforms really helped.

The Android ports of VVVVVV and Sonic CD are the only mobile games that I've really played as core experiences. :P

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm now 10 hours in Anno 2070.

...which basically means that I'm sort of starting to get a clue on perhaps maybe get an idea how to actually PLAY that game. :P (it's been way too long since I've played a simulation game...and this is a fucking COMPLEX one).

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Started beating the Ultimate Scores in Threatrhythm Curtain Call on 3DS, beat Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy again, got to the Winter section of The Last Of Us, fought my way to the Sea Of Black Tears on Brutal Legend, and still found time to paint one new picture on Pokemon Art Academy and start on a second.

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Got all Demon keys in Demon Gaze and am now attempting to defeat Ether Mirage.
He's not a particularly hard hitter, but he restores 5000 HP every 3 turns, which makes him a real pain in the ass.

Also started on Xenoblade Chronicles 3D. I'm 7.5 hours in and I still haven't left the first city. Too many sidequests!

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also started on Xenoblade Chronicles 3D. I'm 7.5 hours in and I still haven't left the first city. Too many sidequests!
If I may, I recommend not going too crazy with the sidequests. They do build a sense of living community, but at the same time, it's acts as a form of grinding and can make you over-levelled when you leave Colony 9 making the game a bit easy.

Reactions: DragorianSword

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If I may, I recommend not going too crazy with the sidequests. They do build a sense of living community, but at the same time, it's acts as a form of grinding and can make you over-levelled when you leave Colony 9 making the game a bit easy.

Thanks for the tip. I'll still take on all the quests, but I'll only do those that expire as I progress the story.
I'll leave the challenges, defeating certain monsters and collecting quests for later or when I have to be in that area anyway.

It looks like the story is going to be quite good, judging from my current point in the game.

Certainly didn't see it coming that they would kill of a character right from the start

What bothers me a little is that the game doesn't look better.
Don't get me wrong, it's still quite impressive, but I also have a PSVita and it doesn't compare by a long shot.
You don't notice it much in games like Professor Layton an A Link Between Worlds, but if you have played FFX on PSVita and then play Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, you can really see the difference in quality.

On the other hand FFX is easier to render with it fixed viewpoints and (way) smaller areas, so I guess my comparison isn't quite fair.

EDIT: Just realized this post makes me look like a graphics-above-all kind of guy. I'm most certainly not, it's just something I noticed and wished Nintendo did at least a little bit better.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the tip. I'll still take on all the quests, but I'll only do those that expire as I progress the story.
I'll leave the challenges, defeating certain monsters and collecting quests for later or when I have to be in that area anyway.

It looks like the story is going to be quite good, judging from my current point in the game.

Certainly didn't see it coming that they would kill of a character right from the start

What bothers me a little is that the game doesn't look better.
Don't get me wrong, it's still quite impressive, but I also have a PSVita and it doesn't compare by a long shot.
You don't notice it much in games like Professor Layton an A Link Between Worlds, but if you have played FFX on PSVita and then play Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, you can really see the difference in quality.

On the other hand FFX is easier to render with it fixed viewpoints and (way) smaller areas, so I guess my comparison isn't quite fair.

EDIT: Just realized this post makes me look like a graphics-above-all kind of guy. I'm most certainly not, it's just something I noticed and wished Nintendo did at least a little bit better.
You're not coming off as a graphics whore. It's understandable to desire more, but you're not letting it ruin your fun. Maybe, though, if you enjoy the game enough, you can try playing the Wii version on Dolphin in the future and up its internal resolution.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I beat Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel today. Co-op'd the whole game with my roommate, and compared to the cheap ass final boss from Borderlands 1, the final boss in this game was a cake walk, even on the second run when it was upgraded to a "raid" boss. I can't say anything about the final Borderlands 2 boss yet, as I have yet to reach the final confrontation in that game. Otherwise we've started working through the DLC for the Pre-Sequel since it's all post-game content. All in all, the game was decent, but was definitely lacking compared to Borderlands 2. It just felt lazy in places, and especially playing coop, there were a lot of little bugs that cropped up that kind of hurt the experience that I never noticed playing Borderlands 2 coop.

All in all, I'd give the game a 3.5/5. A fun romp, but I probably won't bother doing what is essentially the NG+.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just because it's half a mile from where I live
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Request next time you order, that Shaq deliver it to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I want him to buy me a chain also
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Open it right next to the one we have
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys should i make a new thread and just count the amount of posts until kyle, luke or leo joins the thread for fun?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kyle's fine, just waiting for that wario joke

luke and leo though, they yap until the thread's enjoyability is about halved
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Leo is Luke's alterego when he gets hard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Luke is gone, he got banned. And I'm surprised Leo hasn't yet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Subway was actually pretty decent tonight
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut you get, a seafood and psi salad sub
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psi had my footlong meatball special
    +2
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel:
    i want a meatball sandwich
    now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gay
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Bout time you came out and admitted it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya talks to himself often
    +2
  • btei @ btei:
    papa johns makes me SHIT
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hello everyone
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Meatballs.

Lol.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I <3 meatballs
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello :)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Meatballs are fine. The IKEA ones are by far the best.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Hi friend
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, how r u?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, how r u?