What did you Accomplish in Gaming Today?

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Finished far cry 3 blood dragon, probably around 100%. Not a long game, but certainly a fun one. :)
Well, it's technically just standalone DLC, so I'd say the length is right for it. Blood Dragon is some stupidly well done DLC though. I was surprised when I first booted it up, but it took all of about 45 seconds for me to latch onto it.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well, it's technically just standalone DLC, so I'd say the length is right for it. Blood Dragon is some stupidly well done DLC though. I was surprised when I first booted it up, but it took all of about 45 seconds for me to latch onto it.

I thought about mentioning this, but since it has "far cry 3" in the title, it goes without saying. And since you neither need the former game nor is the story in any way related, it doesn't matter if you've played said first game. :)

zeello

The reason we can't have nice things.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got both PSN trophies for Butter's Very Own Pinball Table. (Zen Pinball 2)

Also I made up my own PSN Trophies for Mega Man X4 since it doesn't have any. I thought of one that is really sick. Beat the entire game as X without ever using the X-Buster except during the intro stage and 1 stage after that. Also, you can't revisit stages. This is the single most interesting trophy I've came up with. And yes it's actually possible to complete the game this way, I made sure of it.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
I've been playing Bloodborne and wow, is like Demon's Souls all over again. I need to emphasize that I didn't liked most changes on Dark Souls, Demon's Souls has a better single player experience.
Bloodborne tooks all the good things of Demon's Souls and gave it a spin.

I made a female hunter and started with the threaded cane and blunderbuss. I regret a little not getting the pistol for longer range, but when big enemies appear a shot to the face with the blunderbuss stop them in their tracks. but I still don't know how I did the single visceral attack I made, but I'm sure is the timing what is failing me.

Also completed the Stone Tower Temple in Majora's Mask 3D, surprisingly I didn't needed a map for the stray fairies and the reward was worth it.
Now I'll try to get all the masks, so far I have 4 masks left to hunt, I know one is the Fierce Deity mask and that is given to you once you have all the others. I'm wondering about the other 3 though.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I've been playing Bloodborne and wow, is like Demon's Souls all over again. I need to emphasize that I didn't liked most changes on Dark Souls, Demon's Souls has a better single player experience.
Bloodborne tooks all the good things of Demon's Souls and gave it a spin.

As someone who's only played a little bit of Dark Souls and none of Demon's Souls, would you care to elaborate? What changes are there that you didn't like? I'm aware that Demon's Souls is divided into levels whereas Dark Souls is open world, but that's where my knowledge ends.

Anyway, I beat Guacamelee (Vita) today. I didn't dislike the game, and found it unique and interesting, especially its combat, but I was incredibly underwhelmed compared to the praise I've heard the game get. I'm not saying it's a bad or unworthy game. I'm glad I played it (Metroidvania is my favorite genre), but it just didn't resonate with me, I guess. I also only got the "bad" ending, and really don't care enough to go back and do the things to get the "good" ending. Maybe some other time, though.

Sakitoshi

Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
As someone who's only played a little bit of Dark Souls and none of Demon's Souls, would you care to elaborate? What changes are there that you didn't like? I'm aware that Demon's Souls is divided into levels whereas Dark Souls is open world, but that's where my knowledge ends.

I haven't played a lot of Dark Souls either, but I've seen and learned enough from a close friend to know.

As you say, Demon's uses a lobby(The Nexus) that connects the 5 worlds of the game through Archstones, said Archstones allow you to be teleported to the beginning or any of the checkpoints you have unlocked, you can store/buy/sell items and forge/repair weapons there, is also a neutral area where nothing will kill you(you can initiate fights with NPCs if you like but isn't such a great idea. is also a way to kill yourself). Dark is open world and you can teleport from bonfire to bonfire but there isn't a convenient place to buy and forge and there are no truly safe place to idle, you could get invaded anywhere.

Demon's used a mana meter for magic and there are items or gear to recharge it or increase it, while in Dark magic is like an item with limited uses, you need to rest in a bonfire to recharge it. In Bloodborne there is no magic, but I have no problem with that, all the battle system was revamped and besides, there are guns and gadgets that replaces it.

In Demon's you need to collect healing items to restore HP and can have a good quantity of them, in Dark you have the Estus flask with so many uses, if you run out you are fucked, you can also use humanity to recover all of your health but those are precious items. In Bloodborne pretty much like in Demon's you collect items for healing and can store them, but like Dark you can carry a limited amount with you.

Basically that, can sound like little nitpicks but the magic system of Dark was a real deal breaker for me.

Sakitoshi

Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
So to make a long story short, Demon's forces you to rely on exploration to find consumables, but Dark uses an item management type of system that fucks you over when you run out, relying on save points to replenish. Did I get that right?

Basically yes, one thing I failed to point out is that in Demon's and Blood you can also buy healing items, the smaller heal item in Demon's is always available, for the better heals you'll need to "rescue" certain NPC and he isn't always around and has limited amounts, in Blood the only heal item known ATM is always available. So you aren't forced to "git gud" to survive a little longer(you'll still need to be good enough to get money though).

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Spent 5 minutes pooping in South Park: The Stick of Truth. No reason, I just thought it was funny.
I do that in real life because it's funny. Some people do it because they think it's a basic human function or something, and I don't get that.

Reactions: Margen67

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do that in real life because it's funny. Some people do it because they think it's a basic human function or something, and I don't get that.
I've spent 2 hours on the pot once or twice. One time, it was due to Taco Bell. Another, Pokemon.

Heated toilet seats are awesome.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Basically yes, one thing I failed to point out is that in Demon's and Blood you can also buy healing items, the smaller heal item in Demon's is always available, for the better heals you'll need to "rescue" certain NPC and he isn't always around and has limited amounts, in Blood the only heal item known ATM is always available. So you aren't forced to "git gud" to survive a little longer(you'll still need to be good enough to get money though).
You can farm Humanity in Dark Souls from an enemy that you can find fairly early on and isn't at all strong. It isn't especially cheap if you choose to buy it from one of few merchants that carry a limited quantity, but it's good in a pinch if you don't absolutely need it to remove hollow status or to kindle a bonfire. As well, the Estus Flask is actually pretty okay. You can easily get 10 uses on it from the get go by kindling bonfires (you find more than enough humanity), and you can upgrade that capacity and the strength of the flask itself throughout the game. Honestly, I get screwed over less by my limited use Estus Flask and more by the length of the drinking animation. Against a quick boss or an enemy just waiting for you to heal, it is just as deadly to try to heal as it is to simply try to survive out the fight on whatever remaining HP you have. In Dark Souls 2, they introduce Life Gems. Not super convenient and a touch spendy early on, but much like Humanity, they work in a pinch, although with gradual restoration rather than up front total healing. Basically, both Dark Souls games have a means by which you can heal outside of use of the flask that aren't obscenely difficult to get.

Other then that, on the note of invasion, you can simply stay in hollow form if you don't want to be invaded. Granted, you need to be in human form for certain benefits sometimes, but otherwise staying hollow doesn't have major repercussions. Even then, you're boned nine times out of ten if you get invaded these days anyways. Most of the invaders you'll come across are cheaters breaching worlds that are far below their level (or at the least far below their total stat range, whether or not their level accurately reflects this is a mystery), basically killing newer characters that have no way to truly defend against such overwhelmingly powerful opponents. Regardless, I've spent a fair bit of time safely idling as a hollow, so it's good to go. In Dark Souls 2, they make it so you can use a Human Effigy at a bonfire in order to prevent invading for awhile. Of course, Dark Souls 2 also punishes you for staying a hollow and dying too much in the form of cutting your total HP available until you revive to human (also using a Human Effigy, but sans bonfire). There are balancing tweaks to make it so the punishment works though, so there's that.

And a small thing: you can't fast travel between bonfires in Dark Souls 1 which is a major pain in the ass, but you learn to deal with it. Well, I guess you can actually get a fast travel item later in the game, but it's long after you get used to running around and utilizing all the shortcuts you've unlocked. In Dark Souls 2, fast traveling between bonfires is just something you can do.

Basically, your knowledge seems to be a mix of Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2, as well as having some holes. I mean, if the magic system is the major deal breaker for you, okay, but do recognize that the vast majority of your other nitpicks have remedies built right into the game.

Also, without spoiling too much, there is some magic in Bloodborne. It's basically the main purpose of the Arcane stat, but you don't really get any magic until fairly late into the game in the form of what I believe are unlimited use items.

Now, on to my achievements:
I've been playing a lot of Dark Souls these past couple of days and I have successfully:
- Killed the Taurus Demon
- Got the Drake Sword
- Beat the Gargoyles and rang the church bell
- Killed the demon thing between the church blacksmith and the forest outside
- Killed the giant butterfly boss (okay, the summoned witch NPC did the bulk of the work)
- Beat the Hydra in the Deep Basin
- Explored and survived the forest beyond the sealed door that required the 20k soul item to progress past, at least to the point of joining the covenant
- Killed Havel at the bottom of the tower in Undead Burg
- Gotten almost to level 30 focusing primarily on strength and defense

My goal for tomorrow is to take down the Capra Demon way at the bottom of Undead Burg, but the fight is just mean so it may take awhile. I don't really have the means to survive in most other places right now though, so I need to be able to reach The Depths, you know, assuming I can survive there.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Burned what remained of this month's disposable income on the 3DS Eshop. Purchases;

- Super Mario Land 2 Six Golden Coins. Which I've already finished.
- Donkey Kong GB (the one with 100+ levels).
- Donkey Kong Land 2, because while I'd greatly prefer Donkey Kong Country 2, I'll take what I can get.
- Mutant Mudds. 'Cause it was £4 in the sale.
- Kirby's Adventure 3D Classic, because I didn;t have enough money left for the actual 3DS game.
- Only been a couple of days since I grabbed Far Cry 3 so I suppose that counts too. It's also where I'm finding the most 'achievement' lately since finding a silenced sniper rifle has turned it from a mad scramble for cover to a high def game of Duck Hunt.

All of which is frankly preamble until I get paid on Wednesday morning, buy a decent size SD card at last, transfer Shin Megami Tensei IV back from its internment on my laptop, add Rune Factory 4 to the mix and then finally take a break from buying new games and work on actually finishing some of them once in a while.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already +1