Gaming what chip i have in wii

masterlion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey every1 i no this is said alot of times but i got a pal wii and is chipped the serial numba is 10066xxxx version can sum1 plz tell me or show me what chip i have in my wii plz need this because of the new mario galaxy problem

shark1987

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
are you talking about what chipset the wii has or what modchip you have? I don't understand how people have wii and they don't know what modchip they installed/got installed. lol

and if you are looking for what modchip you have there is no way for anyone to know except for you by opening it up. how did you get a modded wii and not know what modchip you got?

masterlion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
are you talking about what chipset the wii has or what modchip you have? I don't understand how people have wii and they don't know what modchip they installed/got installed. lol

and if you are looking for what modchip you have there is no way for anyone to know except for you by opening it up. how did you get a modded wii and not know what modchip you got?

well m8 see the thing is when i got my wii chiped i didnt do it i took it to a store and they did it and at that time i did not no there was more then now i found out that mario galaxy having problems and wont work on sum chips and u gotta update i went back to store to find out that the store is closed and moved

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well you could try using the different config and update discs to see if they do anything

thanx for help m8 but dats dangerouse because say your chip is wii key and u got a config disc for cylone then that could cause problems maybe even bricking

So then your only option is to take your Wii apart yourself and look to see which chip it is. The config disc is the only way you're going to know. Or find a bootdisc designed for one chip that won't run on others. Other than that, you gotta take it apart and look.

Hisi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've the same problem, I don't know which chip I've got.

Is there one release that works on one but not on another chip?

Hisi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I thought I might have a wiikey but every one of the 6 burns on dvd results in the black screen "An error has occured. Press the Eject Button and remove the Disc, then turn off the wii console....."

Would this error appear if I didn't have a wiikey?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...