What are your guys' favorite Linux Distros?

What is your favorite Linux Distro?

• Ubuntu

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mint (Any Enviornment)

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Kubuntu

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lubuntu

• Xubuntu

• Debian

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • OpenSUSE

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Fedora

• Arch

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other...

• Total voters

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm almost ready to try that, considering my Arch situation. What's the difference between that OS and Arch? Is there really any?
There are actually a lot of differences, there only thing they really share in common is they both use pacman.
Chakra started out based on Arch, but forked back in 2010. Now it uses a half-rolling release system, basically the core is frozen and only updates for major fixes and the application layer is rolling. It's also 64bit only and KDE focused, keeping a very small library of GTK applications and 32 applications. There are a lot of other major differences, but those are there main

Reactions: Xanthe

apollos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got a duel-boot 7/ubuntu set up rn. i would experiment with other flavors but it was such a pain in the ass figuring things out i think i'm good for now.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I need something quick and easy to set up, working with no fuss, I'll use Mint, but generally if it's something I'm going to personalize, tweak, or spend a lot of time with I'll use Arch. I generally use Cinnamon on both; it's simple to use and customize, and easy for others to follow along if I need to show them how to do something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...