i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's pretend the earth goes blammo or otherwise becomes uninhabitable for some reason

Where are you moving?

It's the future so you can build orbiting space cities, colonies on terrestrial planets, or even place some habitable ship in a lagrangian point

Only stipulation is you don't have lightspeed

Of course you could go basic and start Martian cities in old lava tubes, or cloud cities on Venus

Any other ideas?

I would build a space city orbiting Saturn - far enough from the sun to experience a little less solar radiation - good distance from the asteroid and kuiper belts to cut down on unwanted impacts - several moons that could be used for raw material

What about you guys? While we are at it what's your favorite planet?

x65943

OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Andromeda.
At light speed that would take over a million years to reach

But would be awesome if it was somehow possible to go to other galaxies

I hope humanity reaches another star before extinction

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This question involves so much imaginary physics as to be meaningless.

far enough from the sun to experience a little less solar radiation - good distance from the asteroid and kuiper belts to cut down on unwanted impacts - several moons that could be used for raw material
Oh, well, y'know, I would totally pick some other option that has all the solar radiation, unwanted impacts (as opposed to wanted impacts..?), and a critical source of raw material.

• Haha
Reactions: x65943

x65943

OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This question involves so much imaginary physics as to be meaningless.

Oh, well, y'know, I would totally pick some other option that has all the solar radiation, unwanted impacts (as opposed to wanted impacts..?), and a critical source of raw material.
I mean if you got like fusion power or something you don't even need to necessarily stay in the solar system

Even if you can't go lightspeed, if you have some way to go some percent of it - and have an ecological system on board - you could leave the solar system

You could also just screw around on Pluto etc

Yes it's a hypothetical question that's the fun of it:D

ZeroT21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm, finding a habitat with the same oxygen and carbon ratio to migrate to is not happenin' in me lifetime unless I'm able to suddenly live a few centuries :rofl2:

zamastyle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If earth was still here just uninhabitable, probably space station routing around the moon and earth if possible. Hopefully find a way to dragnet upper atmosphere to harvest whats left on the earth side fly by.

x65943

OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm, finding a habitat with the same oxygen and carbon ratio to migrate to is not happenin' in me lifetime unless I'm able to suddenly live a few centuries :rofl2:
Yes you would like have to create an artificial habitat wherever you lived - like the space station but larger scale

• Haha
Reactions: ZeroT21
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Think in a scenario of the sort... I would be just a space drifter, I guess. Just aimlessly wander around space in my ship or what, explore, live off with whatever I've got and can find.

Tho guess without lightspeed travel, I'd need one hell of a rocketship to get somewhere fast, eh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol