Windows ISO Downloader - Have you used it before?

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Very recently got a broken SONY VAIO laptop without a HDD, but it came with 2 RAM Sticks, and supposedly it had Windows 7 Home version, at the bottom of the laptop it has a sticker with the Product Key. Long story short (if you're interested) it doesn't turn on, but I have hopes to fix it sometime later.

Anyway, that got me thinking that, if I fix it, I'm gonna need a way to get Windows 7 Home.
So I came across this software called Windows ISO Downloader, and I'm curious to know if any of you guys have ever used this before.
I mean, all I need is an ISO, and of course, there's still the Internet Archives, but I'm just curious about this supposed ISO Downloader.

So, please, share your experience if you've used it before.

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Windows ISO downloader is legitimate IF you download it from a legitimate source. It basically started as a tool to grab iso files directly from Microsoft's servers without having to wade through their terrible online presence.
However the end result is the same, it's a generic windows install with your selection of language packages and service packs preinstalled. The key on the sticker should work just fine with any windows 7 home version from the downloader or any other source.
Though on top of that do grab all the drivers and tools from Sony's download pages, with a bit of luck you can still find the latest of everything on their support pages for the laptop, that'll ensure everything should work as well as it can.

Reactions: JuanMena

JuanMena

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Windows ISO downloader is legitimate IF you download it from a legitimate source. It basically started as a tool to grab iso files directly from Microsoft's servers without having to wade through their terrible online presence.
However the end result is the same, it's a generic windows install with your selection of language packages and service packs preinstalled. The key on the sticker should work just fine with any windows 7 home version from the downloader or any other source.
Though on top of that do grab all the drivers and tools from Sony's download pages, with a bit of luck you can still find the latest of everything on their support pages for the laptop, that'll ensure everything should work as well as it can.
Damn... forgot that I still had to get the drivers. :wacko:
First I need to see if I can indeed fix the Laptop, as multimeter is telling me some caps around the graphics card might be done for.
I just hope it's not the graphics card.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

JuanMena

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Reactions: linuxares

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Not about lazyness, just that I don't think SONY still has drivers for a near 20 year old laptop.
Damn, thanks tempBOT!
yeah they won't and you need to visit shady sites in languages you don't know or speak... I've done that before. SDIO is such a blessing for this

smit11

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I haven't used the Windows ISO Downloader before, but I've heard good things about it. It seems like a useful tool for obtaining Windows ISO files quickly and conveniently. I'll consider giving it a try for future software installations.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Damn... forgot that I still had to get the drivers. :wacko:
First I need to see if I can indeed fix the Laptop, as multimeter is telling me some caps around the graphics card might be done for.
I just hope it's not the graphics card.
I've got a Vaio of a similar age (although mine came with Vista). I've still got all the driver disks that came with it - I can dump anything you might need.
Word of warning though; the main reason Sony's Vaio's of that period fail is they were extremely prone to the side effects of overheating - I had to get mine reballed twice... when it went down again I gave up on it and chucked it in a cupboard.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very recently got a broken SONY VAIO laptop without a HDD, but it came with 2 RAM Sticks, and supposedly it had Windows 7 Home version, at the bottom of the laptop it has a sticker with the Product Key. Long story short (if you're interested) it doesn't turn on, but I have hopes to fix it sometime later.

Anyway, that got me thinking that, if I fix it, I'm gonna need a way to get Windows 7 Home.
So I came across this software called Windows ISO Downloader, and I'm curious to know if any of you guys have ever used this before.
I mean, all I need is an ISO, and of course, there's still the Internet Archives, but I'm just curious about this supposed ISO Downloader.

So, please, share your experience if you've used it before.
If it's able to run 7 then it can probably run 10 if you'd want as Windows Update tends to find all the necessary drivers itself.

Personally, I always go with Enterprise editions these days.

Windows 7 Enterprise (it's like Ultimate with some differences like it was supported until 2020)
https://archive.org/details/en_windows_7_enterprise_x64_dvd_x15-70749_202107

Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 (they removed the Windows Store shit, no Edge, and it's as clean as possible, and supported until 2029)
https://archive.org/details/windows-10-enterprise-ltsc-full-collection

M$ surely could have kept supporting 7, but of course they want to force everyone to use 10 and even worse "upgrade" to... 11.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto