Is it worth updating to Windows 11?

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Unbearable, when they're both easily remedied with no 3rd party apps? See below.

Grouping/ungrouping taskbar icons is a built in option in Win11 that can be changed in the taskbar settings. The full right-click menu can be enabled by running cmd prompt as admin and entering the following then rebooting: reg add “HKCU\Software\Classes\CLSID\{86ca1aa0-34aa-4e8b-a509-50c905bae2a2}\InprocServer32” /f /ve

Or.... Shift + Right Click
Thanks for the tips ! But that doesn't change the fact that having to use third party apps to circumvent these huge basic flaws is insane :P

Reactions: zfreeman

console

Elvira fans ❤ :-) I'm rocking Windows 7 for 10 yrs
Trophies
Website
www.startpage.com
XP
Country
United States
I bought CyberPowerPC gaming desktop from Bestbuy and come with Windows 11 Home. Surprise me, I got Gigabyte motherboard (B650M C V2) with AMD processor Ryzen 7 7700 CPU that support both Windows 10 and 11! I would downgrade to Windows 10 if Windows 11 get bad due to bad updates, etc. I quit DELL and HP because of sometime wrong with quality control. Also affect Alienware, Lenovo, Acer and few others. Only I know four top quality brands are ASUS, Asrock, Gigabyte and MSI. That's all.

One big problem it ask me for Microsoft account when I get on new computer due to Windows 11 problem. I end up get stuck on Sign in due to Microsoft account show up. I forced use my tablet and look up on YouTube to get info about how to bypass Microsoft account on Windows 11 and working for me. I really hate Microsoft account! Thanks god!

How sad that Windows 11 give people a lot of headache or upset about Microsoft account.

How to Bypass the Microsoft Account & Network Requirement on a new Windows 11 PC

Hold Shift key on your keyboard and push F10, then command prompt window will open. Type oobe\bypassnro (in command prompt) then working for me without use Microsoft account! Then finally get on Windows desktop there!

I want tell anyone that Windows 11 version 22H2 and older are worst ever. Windows 11 start menu is broke on me something due to Windows Update. Get Windows 11 23H2 look like get more improve over old version 22H2 and older. I did get blue screen of death crash one time on Windows 11 version 22H2 when install BlueStacks 5.0 (Android emulator) at end of install (finish install at end) then crash! CyberPowerPC tech support workers are forget to enable VT and Fast Start up inside BIOS setting. I enable both VT (something like SRM setting inside BIOS) and Fast Start up inside BIOS to solve problems.

Windows 11 is weird to me. It do give me headache to look all many settings inside Windows 11. I turn off all settings list like collect info. send data, etc to Microsoft are already turn off.

I still used Windows 11 23H2 right now and never give me any blue screen of death crash so far after 3 weeks.

I had old computers and keep Windows XP and Windows 7 on them for gaming and media (watch video and movies from disc like CD/DVD/Blu-ray). I had Windows 10 on MSI laptop and never upgrade to Windows 11 due to someone said Windows 11 make battery life cut to 1 hour from between 3 - 7 hours! That's Microsoft fault for make buggy Windows 11 operating system must get fixed up.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the tips ! But that doesn't change the fact that having to use third party apps to circumvent these huge basic flaws is insane :P

Which part of "both easily remedied with no 3rd party apps" was unclear? The built in Windows settings, the command prompt, and pressing the shift key are not 3rd party apps.

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How to Bypass the Microsoft Account & Network Requirement on a new Windows 11 PC

Hold Shift key on your keyboard and push F10, then command prompt window will open. Type oobe\bypassnro (in command prompt) then working for me without use Microsoft account! Then finally get on Windows desktop there!

That is good to have another option to avoid creating a Microsoft Account. Another way is using an answer file to bypass the need to even use command prompt all together. It basically automatically bypass creation of Microsoft Account and creates a local account automatically among other things that could be auto filled or answered for you during installation process. Heck the file can be used to tell Windows installer where to install Windows.

Reactions: console

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Which part of "both easily remedied with no 3rd party apps" was unclear? The built in Windows settings, the command prompt, and pressing the shift key are not 3rd party apps.
I read your post a bit too hastily, my bad. Maybe Win11 got updated and added the ungrouping tasks option at some point, because when I used it it was definitely not there, I did research about it back then. About the full right click options, having to press additional keys to get them is still silly, why not just have them pop up on right click like before, instead of having to go through this hassle ?

You can at least admit that not having these very basic ergonomy features available like they used to be is baffling at best, right ? It means Win11 developers had to go out of their way to not include these features, how in the world did that sound like a good idea to anyone at Microsoft ?

HandsomeJack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a laptop which came with and currently runs Windows 10. I'm tempted to upgrade but am afraid it might break something. The Lenovo software on it lets me limit how much my battery charges, extending the lifespan of the lithium battery. When I looked at installing different GPU drivers the website said that because I'm using a laptop I should stick to the drivers it shipped with and I'm afraid the upgrade may break one.
Windows 11 is not good. It doesn't feel like an upgrade when you're using it.

• Haha
Reactions: RedColoredStars

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can at least admit that not having these very basic ergonomy features available like they used to be is baffling at best, right ?

The right click menu works fine. I don't need a bunch of options displayed that don't even pertain to what I'm right clicking for. What's baffling is saying those two EXTREMELY minor things (that have simple non 3rd party fixes) make Win11 unbearable.

I have a laptop which came with and currently runs Windows 10. I'm tempted to upgrade but am afraid it might break something. The Lenovo software on it lets me limit how much my battery charges, extending the lifespan of the lithium battery. When I looked at installing different GPU drivers the website said that because I'm using a laptop I should stick to the drivers it shipped with and I'm afraid the upgrade may break one.

That Lenovo Energy Manager software is junk and a waste of resources. I'd remove that and just use the built in Windows battery settings. And I'll assume it's Lenovo's site telling you to not update the GPU driver. Why are you putting so much trust in Lenovo? They're full of shit.

Most Win11 problems people have are either not even accurate to being with, are user error, or the person never checked for a simple solution. Been running it since release and have had absolutely zero major issues and only a very small handful of minor ones that had simple remedies. The entire "WIn11 sucks!!!!" thing is nonsense and completely overblown. The same types of statements were also said for every other version of Windows and just like with Win11... most of the people making the claims don't know what they're doing.

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The right click menu works fine. I don't need a bunch of options displayed that don't even pertain to what I'm right clicking for. What's baffling is saying those two EXTREMELY minor things (that have simple non 3rd party fixes) make Win11 unbearable.
I don't think ungrouping tasks and right click options can be labeled "extremely minor" features when these are very basic ones you're constantly going to use. So of course it has a huge impact on the user experience, duh

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
i can say windows 11 works fine for both my wife's notebook as does it for my self built desktop pc.
only minor irritations like usual, it is clearly made to be used with touchscreen in mind.

Laguna78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ungrouping icons in the tasbar is something that I question why they took out. it was useful back in the older versions, and the second can be fixed with Rectify11, a modificdation to Win11 that makes the experience much more bearable.
Option is there, what are you talking about
Post automatically merged:

Ungrouping icons in the tasbar is something that I question why they took out. it was useful back in the older versions, and the second can be fixed with Rectify11, a modificdation to Win11 that makes the experience much more bearable.
Option is there, what are you talking about

Reactions: RedColoredStars

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think ungrouping tasks and right click options can be labeled "extremely minor" features when these are very basic ones you're constantly going to use. So of course it has a huge impact on the user experience, duh

Neither of the two are even actually issues. So no, there is no huge impact on the user experience, duh.

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Am I the only one that think the Ergonomy of Windows 7 was way much better and Simplier??
More resilient, more secure and Simplier are the WAY!!!!!
NOT more stupid options, more clicks, more account and more passwords more and more SHIT......
USERS wan't something microsoft lacks, simplicity, Speed and Efficiency!! That's ALL FUCKING microsoft engineers!!! ;-)

Last edited by mrmagicm,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I like tinkering so I don't mind the changes as long as there's a way to customise things back to how I want them.

The built in ChatGPT 4 stuff seems like a worthwhile addition too, although I just use it for messing about.

Reactions: eternal

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Am I the only one that think the Ergonomy of Windows 7 was way much better and Simplier??
NOT more stupid options, more clicks, more account and more passwords more and more SHIT......
USERS wan't something microsoft lacks, simplicity, Speed and Efficiency!! That's ALL FUCKING microsoft engineers!!! ;-)

Grossly overblown and just like with the rest of the anti-Win11 mob, most of the complaints boil down to user error and PC illiteracy.

XFoxPrower

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hated all Windows after 7, and I have no shame in saying that it's almost entirely for aesthetics.

Windows 8's DVD install environment had Windows 7's nice rounded edges and glass effect. Then boot into the actual OS and it's gone. Did they not test the thing? Why take things away? At least let us have choices, even if businesses would inevitably keep the Windows 95 theme eternal. And then I couldn't tell Windows Update's progress bar apart from a horizontal divider. "Everything has to be 'intuitive'". I don't miss the mental papercuts on those sharp corners.

Then take Windows 10's scrollbar for instance. It's a white rectangle on a black rectangle. Or was it the other way around? If I were to look at the thing from an aerial view, I'd expect the lighter parts to be closer to me. No, they even took away the visual bars too.

I hoped that Windows 11 would finally fix all my gripes. I've stood alone for the longest time as power users became a dying breed. Microsoft made their desktop OS the lowest common denominator to cater to the limitations of phones (Windows Phone was amazing, right?). Monochrome colors, etc. Then they had the nerve to take features away (Remember Windows RT?) because many phone users aren't aware of the concept of opening 2 things at once. My OS needs to be a tool and extension of myself and creative energy, not an obstacle to my productivity.

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@XFoxPrower exactly! That is what Redcoloredstars ^^
I know parameters in all windows and registry by heart, just my bet he doesn't even windows NT4 ^^
Anyway, win7 is said the best by ALL, if a vote, if would win by far to all execpt those who only know windows since windows8.
Most users also don't need to have their interface in Godmode.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country

TBH most of this reads like copypasta from when XP was killed off.

That said, whilst I agree 7 was allot simpler, I'm sceptical that it's safer to use online these days compared to 10/11, especially if you don't take any precautions.

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Like said before, We just want a Windows 7 with the resiliency/security" of Windows 11n, that was already said.....
And MOST OF ALL.....The users don't want your bloody Bloatware Microsoft, else....we will call you Bastards from Microsoft!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto