What are your Family's thought on your gaming & tech habits?

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
My family has more or less come to accept it as a part of me. They don't quite understand why I'm interested in such things, but they also don't question me about why.

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
They don't really talk about it at all. My dad was a gamer on the late 70's until the early 90's, so he kind of understands my passion. They let me buy any game and console I want, with my own money of course. They always end up giving me a game for christmas too. It's fine, I do what I have to do and they let me have at least a little bit of peace so I can enjoy my hobby of being a hikikomori.

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My Parents hate when i play games haha.
They only see the cables and they get a heartattack lol.
Nearly all of my friends come to my if they need help with thier phones, consoles etc.
Im trying to get a big game collection but my Mum always says that i have to much, but i really dont care haha.
Gaming and Tech just are a part of me, just like my arms and feet lol

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I would love to show my Parents that Games are Art and some of them are more touching than some Books or Movies.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

I'd understand if this was "What are your family's thoughts on drugs" but it's gaming. It's no big deal.

Edrian

Commercial Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently my family thinks that gaming, technology and kinda pointless. Maybe it's because they never got to try it themselves but really, gaming is sometimes not really all pointless. Some games are really inspirational and often have a part of anyone's childhood. They might say that it's bad, or is a bad influence, but honestly, there are so many other things in the world that are worse.

I myself only get to play on the weekends despite being extremely good at school. I don't really mind though :3

Reactions: Justinde75

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
Apparently my family thinks that gaming, technology and kinda pointless. Maybe it's because they never got to try it themselves but really, gaming is sometimes not really all pointless. Some games are really inspirational and often have a part of anyone's childhood. They might say that it's bad, or is a bad influence, but honestly, there are so many other things in the world that are worse.

I myself only get to play on the weekends despite being extremely good at school. I don't really mind though :3

MY father once said something similar. He believes that video games cannot be an art form or helpful. To correct him, I told him that I see games as much as he sees movies, of which he watches a lot of movies. They both waste time and they both have inspirational stories and teachings.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Some of you have it hard.
Way back when I might have had some limits on times I could play, nicely including increased times to account for the loading times for my C64, but that ended early enough. My mum at least thought age ratings were worth a damn which was annoying at times (apparently perfect dark was 18 rated and thus troubled my siblings).
Other than that for me and all my friends then games and tech was a thing that kids/teenagers do. Some would say things like "my experience with games ends at pong/asteroids" and if you were hogging the TV or late for dinner or something then something might be said but none ever considered them bad.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Edrian

Commercial Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They both waste time and they both have inspirational stories and teachings.
^ that.

My parents would say that I had much better things to do, which is technically true, but still. Video games have become quite attached to me as a form of recreation. It isn't really anything negative, right? xD

Hungry Friend

It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They've always supported my hobbies whether they're into them or not. I'm specifically talking about when I was a little kid and they bought me an NES, SNES, PS1 etc. and the PS2 was the first console I bought myself but it's never been something we argued about and still isn't. They correctly see my gaming as just another form of entertainment like TV, movies etc. I'm not living with them anymore but I stay in close contact with my parents and am very open with them about basically everything; they see no issue with it. They're very cool, open minded people and I love them very much. God bless em.

Last edited by Hungry Friend, , Reason: typos + added a sentence

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/eFb28u5GPsU?si=35a7C58FgPbaxIMm