What are your Family's thought on your gaming & tech habits?

Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
I'm in my late 20's but for some reason my family frown upon my gaming habits. Like the collecting of games & consoles. but they hate that I mod nearly every tech I touch or have.

they think i should focus on my eduction(i was thinking about doing pHD late last year... but on pause at the moment). they also think I should try to get a family and all the jazz. but to do a pHD i would need the backing of my family with money and stuff, so i cant tell them to fuck off just yet.

one day i would love to be head of R&D one of the world biggest tech company & yes build a family but now i just want to get paid, play games, and fuck bitches.

What are your Family's thought on your gaming & tech habits?

if they frown on you too does it bother you?

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
My parents always frowned on my gaming but given that they're psychotic abusive drunks with a tendancy to abandon me on each other's doorsteps, I tend not to take their opinions too seriously.

Reactions: VinsCool and Flame

Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
My parents always frowned on my gaming but given that they're psychotic abusive drunks with a tendancy to abandon me on each other's doorsteps, I tend not to take their opinions too seriously.

na. my family is heaven sent. always helping me with all sorts of things.. from paying for my holidays to help advice about non-gaming stuff.

Mazamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm a son of a latin and greek teacher(my mother), and of a business consultant(my father).
Well my father loves playing videogames but my mother... She woulds like that i read book, or study everytime.:P

Reactions: Flame
D

Deleted User

They worry about me because I spend nearly all my free time playing video games or screwing around on sites like GBATemp and rarely ever interact with other people face-to-face, and also because I'm extremely out of shape because of how much time I spend sitting on my butt, playing video games.

Reactions: Arubaro and Flame
D

Deleted User

My mum threatens to call the police whenever she sees me trying to pirate a game or downloading developer tools... mums these days! :rolleyes:

The worst is, she thinks downloading dev tools is theft! :rofl:

Reactions: nxwing and zezzo
D

Deleted User

I think that it's theft too, but I pirate anyway LOL
if you think about it reeeeaaly carefully though, it's simply just copying...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

My Dad taught me how to pirate when I was 9 or 10, I think. We pirate movies all the time.
My dad's stopped pirating films now since we got a blu-ray player... :huh:

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My mom was always supportive of it and frequently bought me electronics and other stuff when I was growing up. My father always hated it and wasn't afraid to mention it every day. He stopped when I started applying my knowledge and actually tinkering with things though. My brother is just like me in this regard only they stopped getting on his back when he got really into music. He never really got into tech past watching me build a pc back in highschool but he's recently shown some interest. Currently showing him how to use a variable heat iron because he wants to solder some pickups. Its a great relationship because he gives me cool music gear he doesn't use and I fix his shit. Got a DAC/Amp and some AKG k240s out of it last time.

Last edited by Daggot,
Reactions: Deleted User

jDSX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My mum doesn't care about my gaming, as long as I have fun enjoying myself and with others she doesn't care.

I don't have a dad

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think the experiments got a bit out of hand when I was about 5 (something about oil, water and golden syrup making the kitchen into an ice rink), the years since have turned it into something resembling resigned acceptance. They do find some of the things I pick up at car boots, autojumbles and such like to be odd though.

Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
so family worry about they child pirating stuff. i would worry too if i was a dad too. that is like bricking the law, and you dont want that as a dad im sure.

but in my case its just BUYING stuff once in a while.

I think the experiments got a bit out of hand when I was about 5 (something about oil, water and golden syrup making the kitchen into an ice rink), the years since have turned it into something resembling resigned acceptance. They do find some of the things I pick up at car boots, autojumbles and such like to be odd though.

I worry about the stuff you buy from car boot sales too.

Last edited by Flame,

darkaxe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My family (no dad, never lived with him) is very supportive, my mom even sends me pics of games and amiibos she sees or has heard me talk about when she goes out. Coincidentally today she saw the AN amiibo cards for the first time and got me a pack. :D

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I only got two swords from them ( http://gbatemp.net/threads/things-you-recently-bought-or-got.347639/page-238#post-5741937 ) and I also left the collection of strange chemicals I saw at one the other week, though that was mainly because they looked like they had been made too along ago for me to find them useful.

That said if you saw some of the stuff I didn't share with that thread then you would probably have valid cause to be concerned. At least once I put it all together anyway.

Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
My family (no dad, never lived with him) is very supportive, my mom even sends me pics of games and amiibos she sees or has heard me talk about when she goes out. Coincidentally today she saw the AN amiibo cards for the first time and got me a pack. :D

wow nice.

my mum would be like "amiibo.... you are too old for toys ;O;"

Last edited by Flame,

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My mum's been disabled since she was 12 (which'd be a great first line to say if I were to ever audition for X Factor...:lol: ) so whilst her time getting about outside is limited (and pretty much non existent now she's older), she decided to take up gaming herself and plays games regularly!
The owd chap wasn't much different either! They played together many times, from the Atari 2600 onwards.... I remember staying up until 4am with them both (and the kid bro) playing Super Mario 3 when it came out, and aside from the Castle levels (and most of the later ones in all honesty) they both completed Mario World between them..

Th'owd chap actually died while playing Peggle 5 years back.......(hey, more X Factor stuff!)

My eldest lad turns 16 next week, so this Saturday night he's having a do at mine with grandparents, aunties and uncles all coming round, takeaway, and an evening gaming!

Yeah, I can't complain! :D

popokakapetu

Trophies
XP
Country
This is how i look in eyes of my family
Hfzf14T.gif
Basically I am IT guy in my family (PC,VIDEOGAMES,NAVIGATIONS,MOBILES.....)

Last edited by popokakapetu,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.