We Welcome You Steeeeve

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by jurassicplayer, Aug 19, 2015.

?

What are your thoughts on Steeeeve?

1. He's legit. He just wants those hacked pkm to breed legit ones to play the story and trade.

2. He's a lying scumbag. He just wants to get legal pokemon to "destroy" other players.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. jurassicplayer
    OP

jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

Mar 7, 2009
    United States
    Pantsuland
    So this a rather long IRC discussion that was had. Since it was so long, it may meandered here and there somewhat, but in green are my post conversation comments at the situation. This discussion does not entirely portray how the IRC acts and is merely an excerpt. Prior to this discussion was a rather decent chat answering the 3DS hacking that Steeeeve was asking about.
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

tl;dr : A guy once walked into the IRC stating that he wanted to make "legal" (legal as in pkmn normal stats legal) hacked pokemon that he would then use "just for breeding legitimate pkmn" that he could store in the pokebank, completing his pokedex, battle in Battle Resort, trade with his partner, and was unwilling to get pkmn from the GTS that were also possibly hacked, to do the exact same thing. He argued that cheating was leveling the playing field in online battles that he doesn't participate in and that he specifically required his very own homegrown hacked "legal" pokemon to play through the story/trade with his partner, both of which don't verify if a pkmn is hacked or not.

Maybe it never occurred to him that he could just use his hacking tools to make illegitimate pokemon of the pokemon he wants, breed those, and then just modify the stats of those newly bred legitimate pokemon. Or maybe he was bullshitting what his situation was, what he wanted to achieve, and to what end.

If you visit the IRC, try to not be like Steeeeve. Don't argue that cheating is legit, or change the situation when things start turning sour. We are only trying to help you by fixing your lying, cheating, scumbag ways and your apparent lack of coherence spewing from that pea-sized brain of yours.

TecXero, nxwing, VinsCool and 3 others like this.
  2. HaloEffect17

HaloEffect17 Splatoon Fan

Jul 1, 2015
    Canada
    This is quite possibly one of the most entertaining things I've read at the Temp. The contradictions are just laughable.

3. VinsCool

VinsCool Disgusted

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    An Alternate Reality
    I like to read people's bullshit, and I have to say I had a very good read :)

HaloEffect17 likes this.
  4. nxwing

nxwing GBAtemp Addict

Jul 22, 2013
    Philippines
    The Capital
    Best short moment of my life

HaloEffect17 likes this.
  5. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    That was a fun read, though a bit petty. Oh well, sometimes it's fun to be petty. :P

6. Flame

Flame Me > You

GBAtemp Patron
    Flame is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 15, 2008
    the only time you should cheat is if it means you get some hot minge.

other than that cheating is bad.

7. Guinea
    This message by Guinea has been removed from public view by tj_cool, Sep 14, 2015, Reason: spam.
    Sep 14, 2015