Hacking WBFSSync

Omega Frost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@redia

The verification is because if the program tried to load a corrupted cover or with a not supported format the application a critical error were rised. Now the verification is just a Exception handling to prevent the app from crash, notify the user via console and delete the cover to try to obtain a new one.

as for the notes:

1. when modifying an option that needs restart to take action (for example language) popup a message

Already done

2. could you add the ciso/wbi support

I need to check for the format specification, where these formats are used?

3. it looks like your application can only download 3d OR standard covers... why not both ?

4. following the previous point.. if I start downloading flat covers.. and then switch to 3d.. I end up with a mix

This was implemented because some users of another forum like to use the 3D covers only, so in theory the user checks this option if he likes 3D and "forever" will be like this. The concept was not well implemented i admit my error on that, but i will fix it.

5. when in the option screen, if I click outside of the option page (for example on a drive) I would like a message to popup telling me I am leaving the option screen and actually leave.

Done, the Configuration panel is not a "native" part of the browser window, it's a panel that hides the browser window, so i have to code the "Change" of path appart.

@giantpune

In fact yes, if you change the code you will trim the name also.

I have updated the code here to include the full 64 chars, I planned to release the 2.0.07 when i finish implementing all the cover changes, but, like you said you do a lot of custom games, i can release this minor fix then work on the covers... But, it will not take to long to do finish the whole thing...

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
omega frost,

ciso was primarily used by hermes wbfs_win.
now quiet a few applications use it (either by using the wbfs_win.exe or implementing it in their own library)
for example PrixMGui or Wbfs Intelligent gui
WBI is used by ncWBFSTool, from the author's note it is 100% identical to ciso, he simply changed the extension for clarity

about the different type of cover I believe it would be a nice addition, don't forget to add the option in the loader part to make sure you are copying the correct version.
if you really wanted to be totally "compatible" with most of the usbloaders you should implement also the disc image and the full cover.
I know I am adding to your burden, so stop me whenever you want.

shoot me with any test version you want.

Cheers,
R

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
redia said:
omega frost,

ciso was primarily used by hermes wbfs_win.
now quiet a few applications use it (either by using the wbfs_win.exe or implementing it in their own library)
WBI is used by ncWBFSTool, from the author's note it is 100% identical to ciso, he simply changed the extension for clarity

about the different type of cover I believe it would be a nice addition, don't forget to add the option in the loader part to make sure you are copying the correct version.
if you really wanted to be totally "compatible" with most of the usbloaders you should implement also the disc image and the full cover.
I know I am adding to your burden, so stop me whenever you want.

shoot me with any test version you want.

Cheers,
R

+1 with the CISO request please
smile.gif

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
warlord007 said:
another vote for ISO to CISO on pc drive
smile.gif

would make it so much easier and smaller to backup then

warlord

Warlord,

why would you like specifically ISO to CISO ?
syncscrub is equivalent to ciso (sizewise), with some improvement.

in my humble opinion we would need CISO support to allow people who already have CISO files to use them.

but maybe I am missing something
R

Omega Frost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
First i will release the 2.0.07 with the 2D/3D cover and name fixes, then i will see the cISO. I still can't find the source code, i will download a game and reverse engineer it when i have time.

Also, the functionality for it will not be widely explored, i will suport decompression to normal ISO, conversion to SyncScrub and maybe a PC-to-Wbfs

I also improved the configuration panel since it was a little bit confusing

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
Omega Frost said:
First i will release the 2.0.07 with the 2D/3D cover and name fixes, then i will see the cISO. I still can't find the source code, i will download a game and reverse engineer it when i have time.

Also, the functionality for it will not be widely explored, i will suport decompression to normal ISO, conversion to SyncScrub and maybe a PC-to-Wbfs

I also improved the configuration panel since it was a little bit confusing

Hope it comes soon, cISO support. Maybe this source code can help.

At least i hope so...i have 30 cISO's waiting for your tool to be applied
smile.gif

warlord007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
redia said:
Warlord,

why would you like specifically ISO to CISO ?
syncscrub is equivalent to ciso (sizewise), with some improvement.

in my humble opinion we would need CISO support to allow people who already have CISO files to use them.

but maybe I am missing something
R

syncscrub keeps crashing on me if i select a few iso, and try to compress them also

QUOTEnow quiet a few applications use it (either by using the wbfs_win.exe or implementing it in their own library)

but none support ciso to pc drive all support ciso to wbfs drive

thanks for looking at it anyway
smile.gif

warlord

Omega Frost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@Pakatus: Thanks!

@warlord007:

Which ones? Tell me so i can improve the support.

My guess is that the games have names >= 32 characters, if so, the 1.1 version of SyncScrub is shipping with 2.0.07

EDIT: Good news, the cISO is almost identical to my SyncScrub except mine has a more detailed header and different header alignment. Unfortunately, due to this different alignment a just-rewrite-the-header conversion is impossible.

warlord007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Omega Frost said:

@warlord007:

My guess is that the games have names >= 32 characters, if so, the 1.1 version of SyncScrub is shipping with 2.0.07

Yes mate some of the iso in the list do have >=32 chars , bur it had crashed on the first file and that was < 32 chars
frown.gif

i will wait until v 1.1 and give it another try

thanks

warlord

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
Omega Frost said:

@warlord007:

A request if possible.
Can you provide funcionality that extracts list of games into wbfs partition?
Just name, iso id, region and size.

A nice to have
smile.gif

warlord007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Omega Frost said:

@warlord007:

Yes mate some of the iso in the list do have >=32 chars , bur it had crashed on the first file and that was < 32 chars
frown.gif

i will wait until v 1.1 and give it another try

thanks

warlord

Omega Frost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@warlord007

Could you specify the games? If this is forbidden in GBATemp could you send me a Message then?

EDIT: forgot to tell, the Log messages can help me to solve the problem too.

@Pakatus

If you want you can use the command "listgames DRIVE "Output File.txt"" command using the console application

warlord007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Omega Frost said:
@warlord007

Could you specify the games? If this is forbidden in GBATemp could you send me a Message then?

EDIT: forgot to tell, the Log messages can help me to solve the problem too.

@Pakatus

If you want you can use the command "listgames DRIVE "Output File.txt"" command using the console application

PM sent mate

sorry late reply, but in the evenings it takes ages to load gba site, took 5 mins just to post my last thread

warlord

Omega Frost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nope, i've been busy these days, but i ensure, the project is still running
wink.gif

i also was fixing the part of the code that controls the auto closing of the "Format Disk" and had to wait for my question to be answered in MS Foruns, unfortunately my topic there was sent to moderation trash bin...

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Omega Frost said:
Nope, i've been busy these days, but i ensure, the project is still running
wink.gif

i also was fixing the part of the code that controls the auto closing of the "Format Disk" and had to wait for my question to be answered in MS Foruns, unfortunately my topic there was sent to moderation trash bin...
pleased to see you are still around.
smile.gif

cheers,
R

DarkSzero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Program looks awesome. Some possible improvements to the interface:
- Mapped network locations are indentified as "Default".
- When browsing folders, you can move the "selection" using the keyboard arrows, but you can't open folders with the Enter key.

Omega Frost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Good news everyone, the new 2.0.07 is coming with ciso support and the syncscrub 1.1, as i said i've been busy these days, and i still need to implement the support for the cISO in the GUI, for now you can Extract and Convert to Syncscrub from the Console only.

But before the release, redia, could you do a little translation favor?
wink.gif

"Update SyncScrubs version automatically"

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: the internet