Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
illinialex24 said:
r9delta said:
beav1s said:
ive seen this wbfs 500 limit mentioned a couple times before and every time the thread devolves into people frothing about the quality of wii games, shovelware, piracy, etc etc etc
theres a technical limitation in wbfs and people are trying to overcome that, yet the trolls come out of the woodwork to speculate on how/why someone has that many games
'well i myself dont have that many games and i dont think 90% of those are worth playing/owning!!' congrats, nobody cares

I suggest you look up both the meaning of being a troll and being apathetic because clearly you fail at understanding both.

Thank you for this nonsensical worthless post. Seriously. i am an idiot and like to accuse anyone and everyone of piracy any chance i get, even in threads where the topic is something completely unrelated
note to all: if you have more games than illinialex24 has deemed acceptable, you should "stop pirating you bitch". it doesnt matter, even if like the fellow whose enter key was broken you collect any and all games legitimately, you are still a filthy worthless pirate. Regardless of the fact that more than 500 games have been released, the only way you have that many is if you are a PIRATE. game collector is simply a euphemism for PIRATE. PIRATE PIRATE
you are only allowed 'around 100' games on your hdd otherwise you are a PIRATE PIRATE PIRATE
so until there are 400+ homebrew isos, illinialex24 has determined this issue closed.
please pm all questions/concerns to gbatemps very own piracy rent-a-cop illinialex24

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who needs a fix for a dead FS anyway
wink.gif

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Skizzo said:
Same old shit. Someone asks for factual information, and suddenly everyone thinks they've been asked for their opinion about something. The OP probably couldn't care less about your opinions.
laugh.gif

I wonder which one of the coders who implemented the fix is the one who 'has a real problem', or is 'anal retentive', or is a 'hyper-pyrate' (people who feel the need to spell things differently annoy the shit out of me too; do you really give a fuck though and will you stop doing it because of that?), or is A, B or C. Etc.
rolleyes.gif

I actually do not care. People can have 20000 games if they want. But be honest aren't we all pirates here ?? (well 99,8%
smile.gif
) I doesn't matter how many games you pirated. If you only pirated 1, you're still a pirate imho.

I was just pointing out that there aren't 500 worthwhile wii games.

r9delta

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
beav1s said:
note to all: if you have more games than illinialex24 has deemed acceptable, you should "stop pirating you bitch". it doesnt matter, even if like the fellow whose enter key was broken you collect any and all games legitimately, you are still a filthy worthless pirate. Regardless of the fact that more than 500 games have been released, the only way you have that many is if you are a PIRATE. game collector is simply a euphemism for PIRATE. PIRATE PIRATE
you are only allowed 'around 100' games on your hdd otherwise you are a PIRATE PIRATE PIRATE
so until there are 400+ homebrew isos, illinialex24 has determined this issue closed.
please pm all questions/concerns to gbatemps very own piracy rent-a-cop illinialex24

u mad?

jazvdb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
illinialex24 said:
You do realize to have more than 500 games at roughly 40 dollars a game, your at 20,000 dollars. Stop pirating you bitch. Assume full price games in the U.S and its 50 bucks, so thats a low estimate. High estimate is 25,000.

He won't coz he already knows the feeling of “being a pirate”

And you cant keep telling these people to stop pirating..
I bet 95% of the people here are pirates and dont care what you have to say....

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
beav1s said:
for OP, it looks like wiimm is working on a wbfs tool that may fix this
relevant threads here and here
The tool is already available. Changing the sector size is more an academic thing for me.
Reason 1: I have not found any USB loader that supports other sector sizes than 512.
Reason 2: To reach the limit of 500 i need 450 more games.

inAcrysis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why don't you PM one of the creators of cfg loader & ask them if 500+ games work on it.
If I'm right (not sure) you can change to fat32 & keep them all & surely add way more than 500.
Are you using just 1 hdd for these games?
If you have more than 500 then I suggest just using 2 hdd's until you find the fix.
Good luck

d_bizzzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I kno this is a very old post, but to anyone that is still listening on this topic ...
!! the WFBS 500 game limit is no more !!
USB Loader GX has just had a BETA update, r1060
Dimok has added the option to enable multiple partitions to be viewed at the same time in the same list.
This means you can split your HDD into 2 (or more) WFBS partitions.
Each WFBS partition can still only hold a maximum of 500, but having multiple partitions the amount of total titles listed is potentially endless.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'd say "awesome! I'll try it as soon as I come even near that amount of games!!!
biggrin.gif
"

...but since then, USB loading has evolved to the point where you can use FAT32 and even NTFS partitions. That 500 game limit doesn't exist there. Nowadays, people only use WBFS partitioning because they followed outdated guides or because they decided to not fix what isn't broken.

Honestly: splitting your WBFS partition into multiple WBFS partitions takes at least as much work as converting everything to FAT32 (splitting partitions risks data corruption, so you'll have to transfer those 500 games back to your computer anyway). So...while the solution would have been nice and dandy a good year ago, it's not up to today's standards.

EDIT: just now noticed that this was already given as a solution back then. Well...I can just testify that FAT32 turned out to be as stable as was predicted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: