Wavebird problems

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by katsuce, Jan 29, 2008.

Jan 29, 2008

Wavebird problems by katsuce at 10:50 PM (1,200 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. katsuce
    OP

Member katsuce GBAtemp Fan

France
    Hi everyone,

I got a little problem with my wavebird controller. It stopped working without any reasons while I was playing. I thought it'd be the batteries, so I changed them for new ones, and it still wouldn't work. nothing happens if I try to turn it on, as if no batteries were inside the controller.

Anyone ever had the same problem? Are there some links to help me fix it? That would prevent me from getting a fourth controller for Brawl...

Thanks

2. Doyvid

Newcomer Doyvid Member

Australia
    Make sure that the dial on both the wavebird and the controller plug is set to the same channel. I sometimes accidentally flick mine to a different channel and wonder why it's stopped working. This may be the cause of your problem.

3. katsuce
    OP

France
    yeah, that was the first thing I checked after changing the batteries, but IIRC, when I turned the controller on, even if the wireless channel wasn't the same, the small LED would be on... and now nothing happens

thanks for your suggestion though [​IMG]

4. Doyvid

Newcomer Doyvid Member

Australia
    Sounds like it's broken then. I'd be returning it to nintendo if it's still under warranty (although I somewhat doubt it...)

5. katsuce
    OP

France
    bought it at a garage sell for 5€, no box, no warranty, and it worked for 1 year after that...

I'll try to open it some day and see if I can revive it

6. science

Member science science rules

Canada
    Good price, and you got a years worth out of it. Does sound broke though, maybe time to bury it

7. Lazycus

Member Lazycus Rotten

United States
    Probably something as simple as one of the battery contacts losing connection. Crack it open if you can't see something obvious under the battery cover.