Hacking /!\WARNING/!\ Youtube + SX OS Video = Strike

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yikes. Sadly, I'm not sure if you're allowed to do anything about it because they are indeed in the right.
No, this time they don't have legal right. If you don't share any copyrighted files and don't feature any gameplay, it is perfectly legal to show. Doesn't even count under fair use because that applies to using copyrighted material. If you don't use any copyrighted material in your video they have no legal ground to claim your vids purely because "they don't like what you are showing".

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's software AND hardware designed to hack and illegally modify something they own(The Switch). Pretty sure the law is on THEIR side on this one
Modifying itself isn't illegal, it's just against eula but not illegal. Piracy is illegal though. So no Sx os itself is not illegal
Literally in the US the law protects people modifying their systems

Last edited by TheCyberQuake,

Nevercholt

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
No, this time they don't have legal right. If you don't share any copyrighted files and don't feature any gameplay, it is perfectly legal to show. Doesn't even count under fair use because that applies to using copyrighted material. If you don't use any copyrighted material in your video they have no legal ground to claim your vids purely because "they don't like what you are showing".

Well I got striked for strictly showing how to install SX OS ... Wanted to send a mail back but I got rejected........

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If SXOS contains *any* copyrighted code, it actually can be actioned against. Also the NSP installer probably makes it default illegal even by YouTube standards as its a standard feature that has no function without forging tickets installation which is purely DRM circumvention of Horizon.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I got striked for strictly showing how to install SX OS ... Wanted to send a mail back but I got rejected........
That doesn't mean it's correct. Youtube is notorious for enforcing copyright claims that aren't legally legitimate just to appease a big company

Nevercholt

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
That doesn't mean it's correct. Youtube is notorious for enforcing copyright claims that aren't legally legitimate just to appease a big company

Yeah that's what I mean but since I'm a small youtuber no one cares about I can't do anything about it... It's such a stupid system

wiiando

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So why don't Nintendo go after SX OS (team xecuter), surely they're the main ones to go for, as they're charging for it and explicitly detailing piracy while marketing it

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Nevercholt

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
So why don't Nintendo go after SX OS (team xecuter), surely they're the main ones to go for, as they're charging for it and explicitly detailing piracy while marketing it

They are probably trying to get them down as well. It's just sad that for now (at least as far as we know) they seem to focus on YouTubers first instead of the company that makes money out of it and sells the actual hardware and software...

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo's AP page (which is legal facing and written by lawyers, rather than public facing and written by/as PR) now defines SX and SX OS as a piracy tool for DRM circumvention. It is not even remotely defined as homebrew tool (note, Nintendo makes no mention or classification for other CFW options as they are purely software and, for Nintendo, probably considered insignificant compared to a packaged good).

YouTube won't side with the user, the tool is strictly illegal by Nintendo's definition and would violate YouTube's policies as it shows DRM circumvention, regardless of whether or not you show it being deliberately used for piracy (and when common sense says 99% of usage is piracy). Until someone challenges Nintendo to a court case (be aware Nintendo has been winning a ton of flashcart cases all over, and they classify SX/OS as a similar tool so they have precedent in market's they've already won in) and prove otherwise, SX OS is basically poison.
Nintendo doesn't write the law. I'd like to see the sources for even half of their grasping claims on that page. Some of them are blatantly lies, unless they are referring to some other country or very specific state or county law or something.

If VHS tapes, DVDs, and Blu-Rays can cite a specific law or policy when displaying their anti-piracy statement, so can Nintendo and every other company; Heck, I've even seen some Japanese 3DS games that point to a specific law when you boot them.

Last edited by bobmcjr,

SaffronXL

The Grand Galactic Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe Nintendo is just trying to protect the sanctity of the GPL? :rolleyes:
But seriously, screw SX OS, and screw you for trying to promote it and yourself to YouTube slowpokes. Nintendo is completely in the right this time.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Maybe Nintendo is just trying to protect the sanctity of the GPL? :rolleyes:
But seriously, screw SX OS, and screw you for trying to promote it and yourself to YouTube slowpokes. Nintendo is completely in the right this time.
The Nintendo fanboys that keep defending this illegal shit just keeps suprising me. I wonder why you have such a big allegiance to a company that doesn't even care a shit about you ?

SaffronXL

The Grand Galactic Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder why you have such a big allegiance to a company that doesn't even care a shit about you ?
Me? Allegiance to Nintendo?! That's a good one, Babycakes :rofl2:! I just know that SX + YouTube tutorials for idiots too stupid to read are worse than cancer + aids. But by all means, keep uploading them, keep Nintendo's security team distracted by crap that noone actually cares about.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Me? Allegiance to Nintendo?! That's a good one, Babycakes :rofl2:! I just know that SX + YouTube tutorials for idiots too stupid to read are worse than cancer + aids. But by all means, keep uploading them, keep Nintendo's security team distracted by crap that noone actually cares about.
You said '' Nintendo is completely in the right this time '' So yeah you are defending Nintendo for their illegal shit they're doing

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You said '' Nintendo is completely in the right this time '' So yeah you are defending Nintendo for their illegal shit they're doing

You don't have to agree with Nintendo to realize they are right. SXOS's NSP installer is a standard feature who's only function is to forge tickets and circumvent Horizon OS to install pirated games and apps. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize this. Even IF the person making the video is against piracy(Which most are) it doesn't change the fact that the software contains something that the only purpose it serves is piracy

Reactions: SaffronXL

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't have to agree with Nintendo to realize they are right. SXOS's NSP installer is a standard feature who's only function is to forge tickets and circumvent Horizon OS to install pirated games and apps. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize this. Even IF the person making the video is against piracy(Which most are) it doesn't change the fact that the software contains something that the only purpose it serves is piracy
Forging tickets is not only for piracy, and is is perfectly legal to discuss in a video. Firstly it has the potential to also install homebrew, not just apps. And if forging tickets itself was illegal then FBI and Tinfoil surely would have gotten removed from github by now. And FBI videos are still up on youtube so no it can't be because of that.
At very minimum its legal to discuss in a video, just like you can have videos literally showing you how to hack into wifi networks. It falls within "educational" if you don't supply anything yourself

Last edited by TheCyberQuake,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1