Hacking WARNING: Buying legit Hori sreen protectors

Chanser

:o
Trophies
XP
Country
Monaco
jlo mein when you say it was roughly cut what do you mean? the one i got from ebay that i believe is fake, has space around it and you need to line it up perfectly, even then i can still see it doesnt cover the whole screen especially when ds is on. Does the real hori one leave a tiny bit of space?

As far as how it sticks on, mine was almost impossible to pick up dust...but I say it was pretty easy in exception i have 2 little bubble on the end of the protector which refuse to leave. Also, my biggest complaint is that my touch screen now has this fluid look to it (hard to explan)

Yes the real Hori protectors have a little bit of space on them

bobsagetrules

Trophies
XP
Country
To anyone thinking about getting a refund, did you know (i read the small print), in the event of trying to get a refund and succeeding, there is a £15 or so processing fee. Effectively wiping out any compensation you may receive.

As you can obviously work out, they do it to discourage people claimimng on smaller goods, and it is only useful on goods that are worth a few hundred quid, such as digital cameras and goods up to £120 I think.

Are you talking about the chargeback settlement fee ( https://www.paypal.com/row/cgi-bin/webscr?c.../ua/policy_fees ) or something else?
I can't seem to find the page about the processing fee? Please link
smile.gif

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/02/24/eb...aypal_go_after/
http://digitalliving.cnet.co.uk/technightm...189012-2,00.htm

I guess if they are not covered by paypal, the fee applies, if they are with paypal, then you dont pay a processing fee, if you file the complaint with paypal.
However, is most fraud done over methods other than paypal?

Oh I think I see what you are talking about.

I contacted eBay and in the email response it said:
"If PayPal is not able to resolve the issue via PayPal's Buyer Protection
program, they will automatically review your claim under eBay's Standard
Purchase Protection Services. eBay's Standard Purchase Protection
program offers coverage of up to the CAD equivalent of $200 USD minus a
$25 processing fee."

Blargh

BTW I emailed egun007 and his response was:

"Dear customer,

Our product is not fake, but it is different region. However, we accept your return for a refund. "

Whether refund means FULL i.e. with shipping is unknown, probably without :s I'll just return to sender when it comes.

Darkspark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I knew it, but didnt think to post. I was going to say that you may just have a different manufactured hori package, since I can remember a lot of goods, where I have bought again, and found the materials to be different etc, or packaging to be slightly different.

Many manufacturers change their suppliers all the time, especially car manufacturers, or book publishers so quality will also be affected. Through, different cut leather seats, or different paper quality.
Possibly the fact you assumed one was fake, led you to believe that the slight differences in the ebay product led it to be inferior.

I did ask in another topic whether hori products were different by region, and from what I can see they are packaging wise at least.

mr_saturn

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I just got mine, installed them. They matched the pictures of the ebay seller on the original post.

I'm actually very impressed. These seem to be of high quality, and apart from me leaving a slight bit of dust underneath the screen (it's impossible to get it immaculate) the protectors look fantastic. I can't tell they are there. I do notice a slight difference on the feel of the touch screen, but I'm finding i actually prefer it to the original. Slightly more feedback when touching the screen.

If I notice any degradation over the next week, I will post here.

mr_saturn

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I became really frustrated with a speck of dust, it essentially distorted 3 or 4 pixels. Tried to get it out, wrecking the bottom protector. I now remember why I don't get screen protectors. The top one is slick though, it reduces glare.

bobsagetrules

Trophies
XP
Country
I knew it, but didnt think to post. I was going to say that you may just have a different manufactured hori package, since I can remember a lot of goods, where I have bought again, and found the materials to be different etc, or packaging to be slightly different.

Many manufacturers change their suppliers all the time, especially car manufacturers, or book publishers so quality will also be affected. Through, different cut leather seats, or different paper quality.
Possibly the fact you assumed one was fake, led you to believe that the slight differences in the ebay product led it to be inferior.

I did ask in another topic whether hori products were different by region, and from what I can see they are packaging wise at least.

Although, to play devil's advocate, this is the seller saying it's legit but different region when accused of selling a fake product.

Nonetheless, if the "different region" one that the ebay seller is selling IS real, and the quality, as jlo mein notes is rather crappy and scratches easily, then I'd still rather get a refund to buy the version @ play-asia.com everyone is saying is much more scratch resistent.

I think the only way we can verify whether it IS a different region package or just a counterfeit product is get feedback from someone who works at Hori...
yaynds.gif

beedog19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just ordered screen protectors from hopebuy, I'm thinking they'll be legit but i'll let you know.

Edit: For those in the US and mainly Southern Cali or any other place that has a Fry's electronics they do have the Hori Screen Protectors in stock. The website says preorder but my store had them and I would have bought it had I not just odered some from hopebuy.

trunks982

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

5kuzgib

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

blunty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just received my 2 sets of HORI brand screen protectors from Decal Girl and they seem to be the real thing, just packaged for North America. The cloth looks like the picture of the real Hori's. They are $6.50 + shipping. You can also use a coupon code "GIMME10" for 10% off. Standard shipping took a little more than 1 week.

My only complaint is that the Hori touch scrn protector surface needs some getting used to. The no-name one included with the Costco bundle writes smoother and faster than the Hori.

Kagaden

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought US version HORI screen protectors from Fry's Electronics here in California. 6.99+tax no shipping and wonderful quality. Guaranteed Legit.

fatfree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't bother reporting it to eBay or dispute with PayPal. They require you to bring your item to a licensed person who can verify the counterfeit. And if it is indeed counterfeit, you will need a certificate from them claiming that it's fake. Then you send that to eBay or PayPal, THEN finally, they will have the dispute favored on yourside.

If not, tough LUCK. I been through this before with cell phone housings. I even took photos of the crap quality they claim to be OEM. They wouldn't accept it, and favored in the China folks side, because I didn't have a letter saying it's not authentic from one of those inspectors.

China gets away with alot of counterfeits. And the reason they do is because no one bothers to pay some guy to get it inspected. And even if they go that deep, they get away with it by the wording they use.

Example (this is copied straight from "digispeak" sellers listing):
"NEW Ninitendo NDS LITELCD PROTECTOR KIT
from HORI, JAPAN OFFICAL PODUCT"

Hey, he didn't spell "official product" correctly, so I guess it doesn't mean it's official.

sirdaver

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Got my Hori screen protector from decagirl.com. Great shipping, fast too. Top screen protector was a perfect fit, bottom was near-perfect. I like these better than the Pelican brand that you can get a Best Buy. Application method much better too.

samk64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
An update on my situation... i bought my screen protector from egun007 and asked for a refund:
QUOTE said:
eGun007 ([email protected]) has issued you a full or partial refund for
your payment.

Please do not reply to this email. Email sent to this address cannot be
answered.

Message From Seller:
The return has been received, we are sorry you are unsatisfied with
your purchasing, we fully credit the payment to your paypal, thanks for
your cooperation and patience.

Egun007

----------------------------------------------------------------
Original Payment Details
----------------------------------------------------------------

Date Payment Sent: Jun. 13, 2006

Amount: $6.98 USD
So no harm done, then i bought a hori from play-asia.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i got the fake ones from psxbox, i threw them away because i found them bad quality.

but no harm, i got them for free with my ds lite
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...