Is this N3DS Pikachu legit or a reshell?

Monovertex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I recently bought this 3DS from Japan, from an ebay seller that’s highly rated. It’s in very good shape and also came with the original box, but I saw some things that make me wonder if it’s legit.
  • the serial number sticker is slightly raised/peeled on a corner
  • there are some weird indentations on the left of both screens and on the area under the bottom screen; these are in relief and can be felt when passing a finger over them
  • there are various badly finished plastic edges
  • there is a gap over the game slot that makes it look like it’s been opened with a tool?
For context, this is the second ever 3DS I got, and the first N3DS, so I’m pretty much unfamiliar with it. Any help or guidance would be appreciated, thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_5257.JPG
    IMG_5257.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_5258.JPG
    IMG_5258.JPG
    998.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_5259.JPG
    IMG_5259.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_5260.JPG
    IMG_5260.JPG
    977.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5261.JPG
    IMG_5261.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_5262.JPG
    IMG_5262.JPG
    466.8 KB · Views: 29

Monovertex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Can you post clear picture of the front and the back, and the ABXY Buttons? I can compare it to mine when I get home, but it looks like it is real.

Here are some extra photos. I’ve been looking at photos and videos of this edition online and I don’t think it’s a fake shell, but maybe it was opened and badly put together or something.

Attachments

• IMG_5268.jpeg
    IMG_5268.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_5269.jpeg
    IMG_5269.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_5267.jpeg
    IMG_5267.jpeg
    590.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5271.jpeg
    IMG_5271.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5270.jpeg
    IMG_5270.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 22

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are some extra photos. I’ve been looking at photos and videos of this edition online and I don’t think it’s a fake shell, but maybe it was opened and badly put together or something.

It is a real one, not a reshell.

20230719_181241.jpg

1698690912810.png

The second photo the left one is a reshell shell and the right one is a legit one. If you look at the right ear there is like brushing paint not a straight line.

Monovertex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Thank you for the feedback!

I did see that video on YouTube and indeed the one I have doesn’t have any of the red flag presented there.

However, do you have any idea what could have caused those lines on the shell, on the inside area? The shell is also not flush with the bottom screen, which seems odd for Nintendo’s usual level of quality.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the feedback!

I did see that video on YouTube and indeed the one I have doesn’t have any of the red flag presented there.

However, do you have any idea what could have caused those lines on the shell, on the inside area? The shell is also not flush with the bottom screen, which seems odd for Nintendo’s usual level of quality.

What you mean by inside area?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like if that was the case there would have been a lot more damage to the shell though 🤔

Well it is something heavy enough to cause a whole line, but it could be reshell if the original shell was used with replacement screen, unless something heavy was dropped on the shell before the screen was put it, does the serial # match, you can check with 3dsident require CFW.

https://github.com/joel16/3DSident/releases

Monovertex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Well it is something heavy enough to cause a whole line, but it could be reshell if the original shell was used with replacement screen, unless something heavy was dropped on the shell before the screen was put it, does the serial # match, you can check with 3dsident require CFW.

https://github.com/joel16/3DSident/releases
Thank you for the suggestion, but the console doesn’t have CFW and I prefer to avoid doing anything to its software so I can go the return route.

Monovertex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
If you don't like the line, may as well return it, the shell is legit though.
Yeah, the product was advertised as being in good shape and only with minor scratches associated with use. The annoying part is that I also paid import taxes, which I probably won’t get back 😢

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto