1. Xzero17

Xzero17 Newbie
    Newcomer

damn ebay sellers

2. lenselijer

lenselijer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Netherlands
    i think they were fake, at least i got alot of bubbles under the foil, but maybe that was just me not being good with screen protectors [​IMG]

You can ask them if they are real, but most of the time they put it at the site, like with the playgear pocket, not official logitech product, but they works perfect and good quality...

3. chibityga

chibityga Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I got the legit Hori filters from Fry's today. If anyone is wondering what the packaging looks like, here it is.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Deaddy

Deaddy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    I received legit (I believe) Hori protectors through the ebay seller egun007 back in June. They are in Japanese packaging that's yellow and white, but in a similar style to the photos above (in a semi rigid plastic pouch with glossy paper insert). They work great, I recommend the seller except the shipping took 15 days (as advertised). Straight from Hong Kong.

I found a pic from the auction:

[​IMG]

5. Heinrisch

Heinrisch GBAtemp Regular

Looks like the ones I got from decalgirl

6. Vincent Vega

Vincent Vega GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Damn! Bought mine from PSXBOX.NET and they are fake! [​IMG]

7. guzh

guzh Member
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    IMO, for famous brand such as HORI comes high sales, which is will turn a lot of counterfeit chances... so, I'm usually buy DS acc. from credible site, such as play-asia.com

Other suggestion, currently I'm using TAKU screen protector (Capdase), which is 99% match the screen (almost no space left at the screen after apply--perfect fit), and leave no residual stiky thing like hori.

So, it's up to you guys.. just want to share my experience

8. tabs

tabs Member
    Newcomer

I bought mine in Hong Kong SOGO Department Store, I do believe its Legit. It has the same cover as Deaddy's post.

[​IMG]

9. HeyYoWL

HeyYoWL Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Are you guys sure that it's fake? Looking at the picture from the first post, the one labeled eBay, looks exactly like the picture of the packaging from both Play-Asia (http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-b7-49-en-70-196x.html), and Hori themselves (http://www.hori.jp/products/dsl/dsl_filter/index.html). I'd like to hear from anyone who bought from digispeak in particular, because I just bought the Hori ones from him but I have yet to pay.

10. leetdude_007

leetdude_007 Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An

United States
    I just got some Hori screen protectors from sky2k (sky2k.com) and they appear to be like the ones from e-BAY!!! They might be fake. They have a resealable back (resealable plastic package), white stickers with english on them, and have a ridged edges on the cloth.

For the moment, do not buy from sky2k - sky2k.com - I have already e-mailed hori USA about this possible issue.

I also e-mailed sky2k for a refund. I hope I get my money back, they charged 6 dollars in shipping, and and all I got was an 89 cent stamp and two possibly fake hori packages. what a rip off!

EDIT: I got my money back, alright. I hope they stop screwing people over.

11. hypn0toad

hypn0toad Member
    Newcomer

United States
    hm this may seem like a pretty silly quesiton, but does it matter who the protector is from? i ended up getting a pack of protectors from best buy, and just trimmed them to fit my ds screen.. they got a bit scratched up, but i have a lot left over to replace it with.

are these protectors much better? do they scratch at all with normal use? do you feel them on the ds (the ones i have make the screen a slightly different texture)

basically i'm willing to buy these protectors if it really makes a difference, but when i bought them, i figured all protectors were the same, and they just charged extra for the DS branding.

12. Skitals2

Skitals2 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I got some hori screen protectors from ebay that look like the "fake" ones in the original post. My take is that they are real. There seems to be many different authentic packages... likely different manufacturing plants. Either way, my screen protectors are super high quality.

To the guy that said he destroyed his trying to get an air bubble out... you can completely remove it, and wash it under water to get rid of all the lint. I had to do this twice before I got mine perfect without any dust or bubbles. The bubbles you cant get out are generally caused BY dirt that is on the screen or bottom of the screen protector.

And yes, you can was the "sticky" side of the screen protector under water. There is no adhesive. It simply uses static. I ran it under warm water and scrubbed it with my fingers. Simply wave it in the air to dry. Try to do it in a clean room, because you will pick up dust floating in the air if you arent careful.

13. joe_gamer

joe_gamer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    FYI - legit places to buy Hori in the US.

decalgirl.com
    Walmart - web or B&M
    Fry's - web or B&M
    Amazon.com

14. Breakfast

Breakfast Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Crap. I think I got fake ones too but I got it from a stand called XSKINS in metrotown in Vancouver, BC.

though, the cloth that came with it didn't have "HORI" imprinted on it but its the same shape as the fake one.

anyone have any experience with this seller?

EDIT: also, my screen protectors were in plastic sleeves. were they supposed to be like that?

15. euqiddis

euqiddis Advanced Member
    Newcomer

wheres the best place in the uk to buy em?

16. Darkforce

Darkforce DERP!
    Former Staff

I vaguely remember seeing some in a high street store before when I was out looking for a PSP screen protector - it was around £8 or so, i think. It MAY have been HMV. - They're not easy to come by that's for sure.

Amazon.co.uk have them for £7.99 (not inc. postage) but availability at 1-2 weeks.

If you have a paypal account just order some from play-asia £5 shipped is probably the cheapest you'll get genuine ones from anywhere. [​IMG]

17. Bowser128

Bowser128 King Koopa

18. cheekydollar

cheekydollar Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Looks like I got fake ones too.... I would never have thought someone would go to the trouble to make fake screen protectors!!

What do you make of this listing - the one i purchased..
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=270065121553

Do you think it is worth emailing the seller and shouting at them a bit!?!

EDIT:::: Actually mine seems to be a hybrid! My cleaning cloth is the smooth type without any writing but i am pretty sure I had english on stickers, but i didnt have the resealable bag...

19. Breakfast

Breakfast Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    its probably fake. They didn't even bother to put the cloth beneath the hole thats supposed to show it!

20. gujsg

gujsg Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Which ebay seller they real Hori screen protectors? Should I buy from UK,US, and Canadian sellers?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - protectors, WARNING, Buying