ROM Hack Warioware D.I.Y. .mio files sharing thread

m2pt5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found out how to edit the boss games! You can actually extract them from the ROM and them import them to your save with mioedit, and they're fully editable. I'm not going to upload them because they're actually part of the ROM, but here's how to get them yourself:

1. Get dslazy.
2. Unpack the Warioware DIY ROM.
3. In the unpacked files, go to data/E/G/. There are many subfolders in there; we're only concerned with the ones named As, Jm, Mn, Nv, and Ob. Each of those folders contains 19 files with the .GP extension numbered 00 to 18, and the one numbered 18 is the boss game. Rename .GP to .MIO and miotool will let you import them into your save! (You can also edit them with mioedit.) Yes, the files are all smaller then typical 64k MIO files, but they all appear to be the full games.

As a side note, you can use mioedit to give a game "Boss" length, which makes it never end (so you really have to set a Lose trigger as well as win conditions if you do that.)

Edit: Of the other folders in there, B is the job games, D is the dojo games, T is the tutorial games, and TS are the finished sample versions of the tutorial games.

Edit2: data/E/R/ contains the Records and data/E/M/ contains the comics (manga).

serge

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
sergep.newgrounds.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey all
Since JP Warioware DIY has been out for a while theres a ton of games out there already
here's just a few of my personal favorites

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=1934717...16b94653a3044fd

screens:
22611481.png

47378289.jpg

artist is Shigatake

enjoy

BakaSchwarz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The

kuuhaku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BakaSchwarz said:
serge said:
Hey all
Since JP Warioware DIY has been out for a while theres a ton of games out there already
here's just a few of my personal favorites

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=1934717...16b94653a3044fd

screens:
22611481.png

47378289.jpg

enjoy

Where do you get these games?

bsw. i found a site with many games http://loda.jp/madeinore/ , but when i finished downloading there are only .bin files in the .zip archives. how do i get the .mio files?

Because those are Wii version games, not DS (.mio). I guess you could put them on the Wii then transfer to the DS and then extract them into .mio.

Aracnero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tolomeo said:
When I try to open my 32MB save (I use m3 real with the latests sakura) miotool says: "Not MIO Save"

What can I do? I want to share my microgames too...

PD:sorry for my english

Same here (my .sav file is also 32MB). Perhaps the tool is not compatible with M3 saves?
I'm using M3 Sakura 1.47X too.

kuuhaku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, after reading the comments a bit. They explain that there's a method to extract the wii save data and then extract the mio files from it. I already did this after downloading a set of games, some of them seem to be guro though...

BakaSchwarz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
kuuhaku said:
Actually, after reading the comments a bit. They explain that there's a method to extract the wii save data and then extract the mio files from it. I already did this after downloading a set of games, some of them seem to be guro though...

Can you tell us, how you did that? I searched on Google but I didn't found anything usefull.

kuuhaku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Says right here:

http://snowsk8.blog100.fc2.com/blog-entry-68.html

-Get the FE100 file. It will be used to extract the gamedata from the wii save files. These wii files are used because they work both ways instead of having to transfer from DS back to Wii to get them on Wii.

-Then, get the OpenSSL and extract it to get the needed .dll file.

-Use the FE100.exe file to extract a data.bin file into raw data. It'll output a folder with many files in it.

-Get the GDATA file inside that folder and move it to your mio_extract.exe file. It'll extract the raw .mio files so you can import or edit them (unlocked files only, some on that site are locked).

If this is too much trouble, I can upload some of the ones I already extracted up here. I extracted about 12 rars and there's about 140 ish games on them. I haven't checked them all, but there are some adult content among those files.

Some of the files on the link posted earlier also have records and comics in them too.

BakaSchwarz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
kuuhaku said:
Says right here:

http://snowsk8.blog100.fc2.com/blog-entry-68.html

-Get the FE100 file. It will be used to extract the gamedata from the wii save files. These wii files are used because they work both ways instead of having to transfer from DS back to Wii to get them on Wii.

-Then, get the OpenSSL and extract it to get the needed .dll file.

-Use the FE100.exe file to extract a data.bin file into raw data. It'll output a folder with many files in it.

-Get the GDATA file inside that folder and move it to your mio_extract.exe file. It'll extract the raw .mio files so you can import or edit them (unlocked files only, some on that site are locked).

If this is too much trouble, I can upload some of the ones I already extracted up here. I extracted about 12 rars and there's about 140 ish games on them. I haven't checked them all, but there are some adult content among those files.

Some of the files on the link posted earlier also have records and comics in them too.

When i try to extract the data.bin with FE100.exe, the program closed and Windows just ask me if i want to send an error report. Whats wrong?
unsure.gif

BakaSchwarz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay, now i found a data.bin which didn't crash FE100.exe... but when i try to extract the GDATA file with mio_extract, it just show me a command window

But it doesn't extract anything
wacko.gif

Does this have something to do with the locked .mio files?

kuuhaku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BakaSchwarz said:
Okay, now i found a data.bin which didn't crash FE100.exe... but when i try to extract the GDATA file with mio_extract, it just show me a command window

But it doesn't extract anything
wacko.gif

Does this have something to do with the locked .mio files?
The command line is showing you the extraction, those numbers are the .mio files.

youtioo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you still can't find them simply do a search of all files folders for .mio after you get the command window. 0001.mio 0002.mio... are the microgames.
That site with the many microgames is down, could someone post links to the data.bin files or even just upload the games themselves ? ty

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
If you want to get at the save files, you can also use Save Manager (or the GX version) if you're talking DIY Showcase on the Wii. Unfortunately you don't seem to be able to import games currently (it must expect different formatting within the save file).

I dunno if it's what you guys wanted, but here's what is currently for download from the Showcase channel in the US (extracted with Mio Tools, dunno if you can import it to your DS but I don't see why not):

Download hosted at Mediafire

*edit*
Heh, misread the post earlier. Anyway, someone might still enjoy these.
tongue.gif
(are they available via the 'full' DS version of the game?) Also, to the guy who put Yasu's stuff on Mediafire...might want to get rid of it. He HATES that.

serge

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
sergep.newgrounds.com
XP
Country
Mexico
@Bakashwarz yeah i downloaded them from that site and extracted the mio's with the process kuuhaku mentioned

also, i've got a ton of those type of games you mentioned earlier, pm me if you want em

kuuhaku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the site got bombarded by too many visitors and went down. If you downloaded some from the 120+ or 6~60 sets I'd want them if you please.

Here is a sample of some .mio files. Some are locked, and set 7 has some Rockman (Megaman) games on it. There are some 18+ games in set 6.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2zkudltyz20

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Bugspanker 2000.