Hacking WarioLand Shake It - Backup Loader - FIXED!

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here's how to play WarioLand Shake it with the Backup Loader...

When the opening movie is playing, remove your batteries, and leave them out until it tells you that it's lost communication... wait a few seconds (about a min if you wanna make sure). Pop them in, and connect up, and play!

WARNING!!! Before you end each stage (as soon as you enter the level exit door) REMOVE THE BATTERIES! If you see the white loading screen, too bad, start over from the beginning! You've been warned!
ENJOY!

Tested on NTSC (Wii/TV/Game)

JumpMan3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It worked!!! I pulled out my batteries just as I finished a stage, waited a secs and put the batteries back in.

Now I can get past the tutorial stage. Thanks!
grog.gif

Meowayne

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Great find! We need more people to test this. Just pull the batteries out after each stage and you can play the game? Confirm please!

Saiya-Jin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SD5k said:
Didn't work for me.
frown.gif
PAL Wii & ISO

How far did you get? Im running the game through a PAL Wii and PAL ISO but I boot the game, I get a green flicker and just have a black screen after that. The Health and Safety warning doesn't even boot.

SD5k

Trophies
Website
www.metalfan.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Saiya-Jin said:
SD5k said:
Didn't work for me.
frown.gif
PAL Wii & ISO

How far did you get? Im running the game through a PAL Wii and PAL ISO but I boot the game, I get a green flicker and just have a black screen after that. The Health and Safety warning doesn't even boot.
I got past the turorial/first level, then got stuck because of the known bug/error.

Saiya-Jin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SD5k said:
Saiya-Jin said:
SD5k said:
Didn't work for me.
frown.gif
PAL Wii & ISO

I got past the turorial/first level, then got stuck because of the known bug/error.

Wow, your lucky! And you downloaded a PAL ISO of the game right? Strange, I have a PAL ISO and I cant get past the Backup Loader. I just get a blank screen. What DVD media are you using?

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
laurozza said:
What a weird mode to play a game.
It's better use the original.

This is only when playing via the beta backup loader un onmodded wii's.
A modded wii can run the clean iso without problems.

Saiya-Jin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SD5k said:
Saiya-Jin said:
Wow, your lucky! And you downloaded a PAL ISO of the game right? Strange, I have a PAL ISO and I cant get past the Backup Loader. I just get a blank screen. What DVD media are you using?
Sony DVD-R. This game has been reported working by several people by the way.
smile.gif

Hmmm, sorry for being a pain. Just don't understand why mine doesn't work. What write speed are you burning at? Ive tried on 4x and 8x! Knowing me, im missing something stupid out
tongue.gif

Saiya-Jin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SD5k said:
4x, but that shouldn't be an issue I guess. Didn't you forget to patch the clean ISO? And what release did you download?

Yeah, I patched the ISO just like I needed to. The Backup Loader recognises the game and gives me the option to boot but after it shows some binary addresses, a green screen flicks and then nothing happens. Release? Do you mean which ISO release it was? Another user named Fripoon has a thread on another forum but doesn't show any release info. He seems reputable as he upped many ISO's before. What release did you get?

Saiya-Jin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SD5k said:
Maybe you've got a NTSC-U release, try this one: Samba_De_Amigo_PAL_Wii-WiiERD.
smile.gif

OK then cheers
smile.gif
I checked out what region the game was in and it was definately in European/PAL :S *sigh* I dont know, I shall try the game you recommended. Thanks for all the help

edracon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ask-martymcfly.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:
Here's how to play WarioLand Shake it with the Backup Loader...

Let the intro movie play... about half way in, remove the batteries in your Wii Remote (will cause the movie to stop, until its connected agian.)

Wait about 5 minutes (allows movie to load into memory)

ENJOY!

Tested on NTSC (Wii/TV/Game)
it didn't work for me.... The game seems to ignore the batteries being taken out. (I used the VORTEX version of the game, burned at the minimum of 4x. NTSC on NTSC HDTV with component cables)

JumpMan3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks funny, it worked the first time i tried it, but now the game just stops.

Maybe I just got lucky the first time.
sleep.gif

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
update...

Ok, here's how I found this, and how to make sure it works for you...

I was waiting for the 4 hour skippy movie to play, and was posting some stuff on this and other fourms.... my Wii Mote went into power off mode... looked at the screen, said communication was lost... hit A... movie played with no skips, and loaded Tutorial Stage! I was excited!

Now, the update on how to play WarioLand with the backup loader.

When the opening movie is playing, remove your batteries, and leave them out until it tells you that it's lost communication... wait a few seconds (about a min if you wanna make sure). Pop them in, and connect up, and play!

WARNING!!! Before you end each stage (as soon as you enter the level exit door) REMOVE THE BATTERIES! If you see the white loading screen, too bad, start over from the beginning! You've been warned!

Enjoy WarioLand Shake It!

PS. the opening movie is really only 2min 38sec long... has anyone timed it with the loader app?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.