XP
Country
Netherlands
boktor666 said:
Waflix said:
boktor666 said:
monochrome.scene said:
I've been thinking of a whole new concept for the land in this game:
Zenzai is separated by a long river, into two different territories. One specifically inhabited by Black elves, elves wielding the power of the shadows. [Or you know, something along the line =P] The one on the other side is only inhabited by White elves, wielding the holy power of light.
They were once both white elves, allied, but coming from separate kingdoms, and thus controlled by two different kings. The strong prosperity from one of the kingdoms sparked a rivalry between the two kings, both finally deciding to resort to violence, and thus, war. However, one of the kings, overwhelmed by the enemy, resorted to the use of a forbidden magic/technique/arcana [Well, you know, something completely hidden and utterly strong] which would unleash the full strength of the elves, which involves unleashing the dark side inside of them. Everyone in his own kingdom were corrupted, and those that were of pure heart were quickly dispatched.

Thus, the White elves were quickly defeated by their unholy opponent, and had to go on hiding, protecting the king from the grasps of the monsters.
Oh, and based on this storyline, we should probably go for a prologue level, explaining Zenzai's background.

And well, that's mostly it, while the story will start from there. What do you think? Honestly, criticize me all you want xD

Hmm sounds good. I need to take a while of thinking new things to add on this. I think I will mostly be working a personal storyline/Character spoken script
biggrin.gif
So far so good.

What do you mean with 'Character Spoken Script'?
And please, also add what I said about the landscape; the half moon, the wall, etc..

Hehe, what I meant was the character Dialogue. A story would be nothing without it's characters. I will be focussing on the main background that is telling the on-going story. Yes, i will take your thing with it too.
biggrin.gif

Aha, I understand it now.
How about a team of 4? Most games have a story with 4 playable characters.

QUOTE(monochrome.scene @ Jan 4 2011, 12:16 AM)
I'll try to enhance the basic concept whenever I have the time. I hope we'll manage to finish this =3

Okay, succes!
I don't really mind if this game finishes this month (this month would be a miracle), or in 2012. Because I am the one who has to give a deadline, but I didn't. So don't worry about the time.

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So i have been working and thinking on it for a while. Critisize and give tips:

Prologue of story + character main details:

History of Zenzai.

The lands of Zenzai. A beautifull land filled with many rare plants and trees, with animals nobody in our world could have ever imagined. Legends of old tell us the story about the creation of Zenzai, why it is shaped as a half-moon. It is said, that long ago, the 2 gods were created by a source of magic that is called Mancana (lol, could be worked on). The two god were shaped after the image of the moon. The first one to awaken, the male god, being the white and thus the responsible one of the two. His name was Maní. His hair was white, and his eyes were Lila colored. The second one to rise was Hell, being of the shadows. The two were resembled as the deity's of the sides of the moon, the bright and the dark side. It is said that the two gods shaped this land in order to honor the being they were shaped after. They both created a race of elves, who were chosen to be inhabitants of the lands. The elves and gods lived in peace for a very long time. The gods eventually left Zenzai, to watch it from the skies above.

Now, 200 years later, the king of the black elves of the NORTH, was jealous of the prosperity of the Southern kingdom. He created forbidden magic together with his evil minions, NeroKana, but by doing so, the elves of his Kingdom were doomed. The spell was so dark, and carried so much hatred, that corrupted all the elves in the reach of the Northern lands. The lands were spoiled, and were changed into a forest where the sun never rose again. A war was the only way to oppose the SOUTHERN Kingdoms, but also vice versa, to stop the invaders. They started by bringing war to eachothers lands, including the parts in the middle of Zenzai. The city of Oxloack [held by elves of your side] . The [Enemy] elves invaded the lands, killing and destroying everyting in their way.

One boy, a small entity, saw his familly and his village members being slaughterd by the heartless [enemy] elves. He managed to escape. He hid inside a forest untill it was over. It was said that a spirit protected him from harm. When the [enemy] elves left, all that remaind were the smoldering embers of his memories. Between all the heaps of ash, he recognized his little sister. He weept for her, day after day.

This is where your story begins, brave warrior.

The elves of Zenzai, the Capital city, in the center of the Gray wall, came to pick him up while they were looking for survivors. They brought him to the city, to take care of him. At the age of 18, he decided to join the army, to take revenge for his village, by training every day, in order to be a mighty [class]. The scars of his Childhood memories still stir his mind every night.

Characters:

[player, given the name of Jonah for now, to make a tale]
Jonah, once an elf of the lands of Oxloack , was a [side] elf, untill the war came. His village, family and friends were all killed. He seeks revenge, but finds out that it isn't easy to take down a army, with such huge power in those lands. In the advancing story, you will seek help from all corners of Zenzai, in order to take down that king. He soon will realize that joining the army wasn't coincedence, but a task he was chosen for by something big.

Elizah:

The friend of Jonah. She's also a refugee from the war that tore the lands of Zenzai into shreds. She is from the SOUTHERN Kingdom, thus a White elf. She is a archer, who was trained at the early age of 10, as it is usual for the White elves to train their children at early age. She was chosen to be a archer by the spirit of the ManKarna, the force of Holyness. She is the person that supports Jonah through all what can happen.

Gabriël:

Far of the coast of charted waters of Zenzai, a Island resides. On this island, the moon seems to shine forever, though the sun was never seen in these parts. The island is called Iraskar, wich means "Our sanctuary" in Language of the inhabitants. The island is filled with cities of beings that are neither Elf, nor Human. No this race is to be called Immortals. They can't be compared with vampires, because they have no urge of sucking blood at all, nor are they very gothic like.

Gabriël is a saint on that island. He is the one that led the Immortals from their lands, far far away, when they were cast out by the Humans of Europus. He bacame the bearer of the power of the shadow. Shadow is a form of magic that can use the shadows of the night and the surroundings, to create clouds of shadowy fog. Mostly, this is used for doing damage to the enemy, but in some times, the Shadow can be used to move quickly, or to even appear at a desired place, an spell called "Step from the Shadows". It's a common technique under the Immortals. Gabriël spends most of his time observing the night, stars and nature, reading scrolls and practicing his powers.

Unlike Hell, this shadow isn't an unholy force, its the power of natures shadow. He is the one with a destination to help the people of Zenzai.

More coming soon, this is only a start of what is going to come. IM ON FIRE>

Edits:
1 Few small Typo's fixed, i confused some things
2. added little bit more detailed descripiton for gabriel character, others will soon follow
3. Changed some possibility's, like your side, class and choices that are to be made.
4. few more minor things.

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Boktor666's Quote in a spoiler:
boktor666 said:

History of Zenzai.

The lands of Zenzai. A beautifull land filled with many rare plants and trees, with animals nobody in our world could have ever imagined. Legends of old tell us the story about the creation of Zenzai, why it is shaped as a half-moon. It is said, that long ago, the 2 gods were created by a source of magic that is called Mancana (lol, could be worked on). The two god were shaped after the image of the moon. The first one to awaken, the male god, being the white and thus the responsible one of the two. His name was Maní. His hair was white, and his eyes were Lila colored. The second one to rise was Hell, being of the shadows. The two were resembled as the deity's of the sides of the moon, the bright and the dark side. It is said that the two gods shaped this land in order to honor the being they were shaped after. They both created a race of elves, who were chosen to be inhabitants of the lands. The elves and gods lived in peace for a very long time. But not for really long. Hell was busy with one of his evil schemes. He created a form of magic that is called NeroKana, a force of darkness that dwells within the body of Hell. He wanted to teach the elves how to use this magic.

When Maní found out, he forced Hell to stop, but instead, Hell was backed up by the elves, from the Southern lands. A war rised. It was over quickly when the two gods saw what disaster was going on. Hell sealed the magic away, hiding it in a place that nobody know of. The two gods eventually left Zenzai to watch over it from the skies.

Now, 200 years later, the king of the black elves of the south, was jealous of the prosperity of the Northern kingdom. He accesed the forbidden magic, NeroKana, but by doing so, the elves of his Kingdom were doomed. The spell collapsed, and there was a huge force unleashed, that corrupted all the elves in the reach of the southern lands. The lands were spoiled, and were changed into a forest where the sun never rose again. A war was the only way to oppose the Northern Kingdoms. They started by bringing war to a island in the Northwest of Zenzai. The neutral island of Oxloack. The black elves invaded the island, killing and destroying everyting in their way.

One boy, a small entity, saw his familly and his village members being slaughterd by the heartless Black elves. He managed to escape. He hid inside a forest untill it was over. It was said that a spirit protected him from harm. When the Black elves left, all that remaind were the smoldering embers of his memories. Between all the heaps of ash, he recognized his little sister. He weept for her, day after day.

The elves of Zenzai, the Capital city, in the center of the Gray wall, came to pick him up while they were looking for survivors. They brought him to the city, to take care of him. At the age of 18, he decided to join the army, to take revenge for his village. The scars of his Childhood memories still stir his mind every night.

Characters:

Jonah, once an elf of the lands of Oxloack island, was a neutral elf, untill the war came. His village, family and friends were all killed. He seeks revenge, but finds out that it isn't easy to take down a divine power, that corrupted a whole kingdom. In the advancing story, you will seek help from all corners of Zenzai, in order to take down that king. He soon will realize that joining the army wasn't coincedence, but a task he was chosen for by something big.

Elizah:

The friend of Jonah. She's also a refugee from the war that tore the lands of Zenzai into shreds. She is from the Northern Kingdom, thus a White elf. She is a archer, who was trained at the early age of 10, as it is usual for the White elves to train their children at early age. She was chosen to be a archer by the spirit of the ManKarna, the force of Holyness. She is the person that supports Jonah through all what can happen.

Gabriël:

Far of the coast of charted waters of Zenzai, a Island resides. On this island, the moon seems to shine forever, though the sun was never seen in these parts. The island is called Iraskar, wich means "Our sanctuary" in Language of the inhabitants. The island is filled with cities of beings that are neither Elf, nor Human. No this race is to be called Immortals. They can't be compared with vampires, because they have no urge of sucking blood at all, nor are they very gothic like.

Gabriël is a saint on that island. He is the one that led the Immortals from their lands, far far away, when they were cast out by the Humans of Europus. He bacame the bearer of the power of the shadow. Unlike Hell, this shadow isn't an unholy force, its the power of natures shadow. He is the one with a destination to help the people of Zenzai.

boktor666 said:
TL;DR... No, just a joke. Even tough it would have looken better if it was in a spoiler.

My points

It is a very good story, but a few thinks don't make sense, or have to be corrected.
  • You can choose if you want to join the Black or the White elves, so it is a little bit strange to see someone who wants to kill the ones that save him...
  • The Northern part is from the Black Elves, and the Southern part is from the White Elves.
  • "Sealed Magic" is something I'd read at least 3 times in a year while playing DS games. I don't think it is very original.
  • The story from Monochrome.Sense says that the Northern King became corrupted, and created an evil power.
    I think that is actually a better explanation of the past happenings of the story.
  • If Gabriël is the Magic using person, I think I totally agree with the characters.
But except of all that, I think the story is fine!

boktor666 said:
QUOTE(SOS-Rens @ Jan 4 2011, 04:33 PM)
tongue.gif
this is really making progress ^^ I like to see that i'm really going to follow this

Cool, happy to see that we have at least fan already
grog.gif

Let's party!

boktor666

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Waflix said:
boktor666 said:

History of Zenzai.

The lands of Zenzai. A beautifull land filled with many rare plants and trees, with animals nobody in our world could have ever imagined. Legends of old tell us the story about the creation of Zenzai, why it is shaped as a half-moon. It is said, that long ago, the 2 gods were created by a source of magic that is called Mancana (lol, could be worked on). The two god were shaped after the image of the moon. The first one to awaken, the male god, being the white and thus the responsible one of the two. His name was Maní. His hair was white, and his eyes were Lila colored. The second one to rise was Hell, being of the shadows. The two were resembled as the deity's of the sides of the moon, the bright and the dark side. It is said that the two gods shaped this land in order to honor the being they were shaped after. They both created a race of elves, who were chosen to be inhabitants of the lands. The elves and gods lived in peace for a very long time. But not for really long. Hell was busy with one of his evil schemes. He created a form of magic that is called NeroKana, a force of darkness that dwells within the body of Hell. He wanted to teach the elves how to use this magic.

When Maní found out, he forced Hell to stop, but instead, Hell was backed up by the elves, from the Southern lands. A war rised. It was over quickly when the two gods saw what disaster was going on. Hell sealed the magic away, hiding it in a place that nobody know of. The two gods eventually left Zenzai to watch over it from the skies.

Now, 200 years later, the king of the black elves of the south, was jealous of the prosperity of the Northern kingdom. He accesed the forbidden magic, NeroKana, but by doing so, the elves of his Kingdom were doomed. The spell collapsed, and there was a huge force unleashed, that corrupted all the elves in the reach of the southern lands. The lands were spoiled, and were changed into a forest where the sun never rose again. A war was the only way to oppose the Northern Kingdoms. They started by bringing war to a island in the Northwest of Zenzai. The neutral island of Oxloack. The black elves invaded the island, killing and destroying everyting in their way.

One boy, a small entity, saw his familly and his village members being slaughterd by the heartless Black elves. He managed to escape. He hid inside a forest untill it was over. It was said that a spirit protected him from harm. When the Black elves left, all that remaind were the smoldering embers of his memories. Between all the heaps of ash, he recognized his little sister. He weept for her, day after day.

The elves of Zenzai, the Capital city, in the center of the Gray wall, came to pick him up while they were looking for survivors. They brought him to the city, to take care of him. At the age of 18, he decided to join the army, to take revenge for his village. The scars of his Childhood memories still stir his mind every night.

Characters:

Jonah, once an elf of the lands of Oxloack island, was a neutral elf, untill the war came. His village, family and friends were all killed. He seeks revenge, but finds out that it isn't easy to take down a divine power, that corrupted a whole kingdom. In the advancing story, you will seek help from all corners of Zenzai, in order to take down that king. He soon will realize that joining the army wasn't coincedence, but a task he was chosen for by something big.

Elizah:

The friend of Jonah. She's also a refugee from the war that tore the lands of Zenzai into shreds. She is from the Northern Kingdom, thus a White elf. She is a archer, who was trained at the early age of 10, as it is usual for the White elves to train their children at early age. She was chosen to be a archer by the spirit of the ManKarna, the force of Holyness. She is the person that supports Jonah through all what can happen.

Gabriël:

Gabriël is a saint on that island. He is the one that led the Immortals from their lands, far far away, when they were cast out by the Humans of Europus. He bacame the bearer of the power of the shadow. Unlike Hell, this shadow isn't an unholy force, its the power of natures shadow. He is the one with a destination to help the people of Zenzai.

boktor666 said:
TL;DR... No, just a joke. Even tough it would have looken better if it was in a spoiler.

My points

It is a very good story, but a few thinks don't make sense, or have to be corrected.
  • You can choose if you want to join the Black or the White elves, so it is a little bit strange to see someone who wants to kill the ones that save him...
  • The Northern part is from the Black Elves, and the Southern part is from the White Elves.
  • "Sealed Magic" is something I'd read at least 3 times in a year while playing DS games. I don't think it is very original.
  • The story from Monochrome.Sense says that the Northern King became corrupted, and created an evil power.
    I think that is actually a better explanation of the past happenings of the story.
  • If Gabriël is the Magic using person, I think I totally agree with the characters.

boktor666 said:
    tongue.gif
    this is really making progress ^^ I like to see that i'm really going to follow this

grog.gif

• Let's party!

• Ah well thats fixed, hope its better now.

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Boktor666 Quote:
boktor666 said:
Waflix said:
boktor666 said:

History of Zenzai.

Characters:

Elizah:

Gabriël:

boktor666 said:

My points

boktor666 said:
    tongue.gif

grog.gif

• Let's party!

• Ah well thats fixed, hope its better now.

• I don't see how it is fixed?

Whoa!!!!! Why so many posts!?? I'm sorry, I didn't see my posts were already posted. My browser said: Bad Gateway all the time.......................
    EDIT: Minox_IX deleted all of the unnecessary posts.

boktor666

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Waflix said:
Whoa!!!!! Why so many posts!?? I'm sorry, I didn't see my posts were already posted. My browser said: Bad Gateway all the time.......................

Let me make it easier: I changed all my typo's in the elves their lands. Black is now north, white is south, deleted divine power, and changed it into a power created by king... They are easy to oversee.

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
But I don't see any changes!
EDIT: Found them! (I looked at your newest post, not at the edited one.)
EDIT: I like it! I will copy the story to the topic intro.

boktor666

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Waflix said:
People! The Project Page is opened! Click here, here, or here to visit the Project page!
And people, we still need crew members! Look at the topic to see who we still need. Just PM me, or react at this topic.

It seems that the site is DEAD.. or at least down. Is the site hosted by etteerr?

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
boktor666 said:
Waflix said:
People! The Project Page is opened! Click here, here, or here to visit the Project page!
And people, we still need crew members! Look at the topic to see who we still need. Just PM me, or react at this topic.

It seems that the site is DEAD.. or at least down. Is the site hosted by etteerr?

Well, etteerr indeed hosts the site. But it isn't finished yet. I thought it would be an good idea to post this already. On GTalk etteerr and I keep contact. I expect the site to be online as soon as possible.

boktor666

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Waflix said:
boktor666 said:
Waflix said:

Well, etteerr indeed hosts the site. But it isn't finished yet. I thought it would be an good idea to post this already. On GTalk etteerr and I keep contact. I expect the site to be online as soon as possible.
Oh, I see. It's good that the site is making progress, but still the link is down-ish. I know etteerr in RL, so I'll ask him how he's advancing
biggrin.gif

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
boktor666 said:
Waflix said:
boktor666 said:
Waflix said:

Oh, I see. It's good that the site is making progress, but still the link is down-ish. I know etteerr in RL, so I'll ask him how he's advancing
biggrin.gif

I speak to him via GTalk (as I already said), so I'll ask him too. I'll post when the site is online again, or if the URL has been changed. (I'm talking to him right now, btw).

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Vigilante said:
Thinking of a new title maybe:
The Last Odyssey:The great War of Zenzai
and this is wierd but is it me or having the white and black Gods and elves seem racist(But no need to worry I am support of your game)

I don't really agree with the last sentence. Because you could also say it is racist to be afraid of the dark. The dark part represents a dark power, a bad power. A lot of games use this principe.
Even tough it is a better name, I think I am going to create a poll, with the question: "What is the best name for this game?"
But I kind of like it, but I thought there was a serie of games with almost the same name, it could be confusing...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: America ya~