Homebrew War of Zenzai

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
At the moment I had reactions for a Map Designer, and someone still has to react on my propose for a Enemy Designer.
I am also busy with trying to play the .mid file on my DSi.

And Ace Faith, I think the Creeper could fit in the game, if we made a few adjustments, and changed the name. And after this... this post was never posted...

Yay! Post number 100 of this topic!
(Even though there stands '#100' in the upper right corner, this is still post nr. 100. That is because the first post is the topic.)

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have converted your song into a .mp3 and into a .wav file. And I totally agree with Boktor666: it sounds great.
So, Ace Faith... Would you like to join our team as the main music director?
(Of course, when you say yes, the rest of the team still has to agree. But would you like to agree?)

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Waflix said:
I have converted your song into a .mp3 and into a .wav file. And I totally agree with Boktor666: it sounds great.
(Of course, when you say yes, the rest of the team still has to agree. But would you like to agree?)
To be fair, I am a bit busy with my own projects for music, and I really don't see myself writing anything else unless a more detailed/finished story/game shows up. What I put up was more of a mock-up of how I imagined badass videogame music should sound for an RPG
biggrin.gif
. If this project can launch properly, I'll be glad to offer some music, but I do want instructions/details in that case (ex: "OMG HE IS DA BOSS" scene, or "Oh look, a lovely hometown!" scene.).

tl;dr Saying no for now, but if this gets more support, I'll support it too.

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ace Faith said:
Waflix said:
To be fair, I am a bit busy with my own projects for music, and I really don't see myself writing anything else unless a more detailed/finished story/game shows up. What I put up was more of a mock-up of how I imagined badass videogame music should sound for an RPG
biggrin.gif
. If this project can launch properly, I'll be glad to offer some music, but I do want instructions/details in that case (ex: "OMG HE IS DA BOSS" scene, or "Oh look, a lovely hometown!" scene.).

tl;dr Saying no for now, but if this gets more support, I'll support it too.

This is just like a town, with no people; empty. Noone wants to come to this city, because there lives noone. And as long as noone goes there because there is noone, noone is coming to the city where noone lives.
But happily that isn't the exact case we have here, because our team is actually growing bit by bit. So just keep an eye on this topic, and react when you think you're ready for this project (or when the project is ready for you).

Masterpaul

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Is this game 3d? or 2d? Turn based?

P.S. How about:

The Chronicles Of Zensai:
--Subtitle relevent to the events of the game---

This way you could release it in episodes
tongue.gif

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So, I read the gameplay section.. It does sound good, but.. there is a huge downside at this "choosing appearance, and class thing". To do this, we will need Proffesionals. I actually haven't seen any Homebrew with any of these possibility's yet, but if we manage to do this, it would be awesome. I hope we can make it happen.

Btw, working on Chapter one of story, be back real soon.

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Masterpaul said:
Is this game 3d? or 2d? Turn based?

P.S. How about:

The Chronicles Of Zensai:
--Subtitle relevent to the events of the game---

This way you could release it in episodes
tongue.gif

We haven't decided yet if it will be 2D or 3D. A little while ago there was a little discussion about this in this thread. Maybe you should read it. (Click here to read the beginning of this discussion.)

And I thought I updated the GamePlay section of this topic. Maybe not everyone did read that.
QUOTE"Your team exists of 3 or 4 people (see the character descriptions above). The fight idea is that you walk through a landscape, and when you touch an enemy, you come in a turn-based fight (just like in the DQ series)."
So that should answer your second question.

I will not decide the amount of episodes yet. That is because we still need to actually begin with the game itself. And as long as that isn't finished, we can't decide if the users like it, and if it is actually needed to make a next episode.

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
You're lucky I felt creative today. Percussion seems to work as it should, but instrumentation is getting more difficult to write and less elaborate by now. Drums are becoming easier to write and more complicated in rhythms. Just another cake-slice for the team-in-progress
biggrin.gif

Some kind of novelty/escape scene, I guess?

ACEDIT: The file is set on a 99x loop I forgot to remove. But it's okay since I imagined it repeating over and over again, anyways. Sorry if it f*cks up a computer trying to open it
shy.gif

etteerr

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
woz.dyndns.info
XP
Country
Netherlands
waflix

its a good idea to let the player choose his/her faction and other stuff...
but to do this in 3d and be able to customize it in 3d like for example dragon age(only char creation) would be a bit overkill, especial i for one programmer.
but to choose between some factions and have default skins for each faction would be no problem.

if you have any questions or if there is someone who has done multiple c++ nds games who would help(only me or the whole project)
pm me, i could use some help
tongue.gif

CyborGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
As mentioned before, zenzai in Japanese it means red bean soup. Unless this game aims to be a parody of some kind (from reading the plot settings, seems far from it), I don't think it's a good idea to name a game after a dessert. I do think a parody will be a much more popular idea than a serious plot though. Also, since the plot revolves around elves (a very western concept) Mujun and Jigoku just feels inappropriate in my opinion.

The Battalion is generic, Last Odyssey sounds like it's trying too hard, and Vanishing Quest sounds like it'll literally vanish from your head. No offence to anyone, just stating my thoughts.

All that said, Riven Pass is a pretty good name. Heck, it sounds like something that could spawn a series. Riven (according to dictionary.com) means split open. Splitting open a passage to heaven perhaps? I can picture Mani or Hell being the final boss. Oops, endgame spoilers?
rofl2.gif

Anyway, just my 2 cents. Good luck on this project, I love a good indie game.

boktor666

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Vigilante said:
For me it would be better if there is no class and appearance selection thing

Agreed, this is probably the best option. We should implement a pre-selected appearance and class, choosing a faction would be ok, but not the class. Doin this will put heavy work on programmers, risking 100000's of bugs and months and months to even get a demo out.

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
boktor666 said:
Vigilante said:
For me it would be better if there is no class and appearance selection thing

Agreed, this is probably the best option. We should implement a pre-selected appearance and class, choosing a faction would be ok, but not the class. Doin this will put heavy work on programmers, risking 100000's of bugs and months and months to even get a demo out.

I agree with everyone who agree's with Boktor666 and Vigilante about the choosing things. Especially with Boktor666 because he also said that it would be nice to still choose a faction.

CyborGamer said:
As mentioned before, zenzai in Japanese it means red bean soup. Unless this game aims to be a parody of some kind (from reading the plot settings, seems far from it), I don't think it's a good idea to name a game after a dessert. I do think a parody will be a much more popular idea than a serious plot though. Also, since the plot revolves around elves (a very western concept) Mujun and Jigoku just feels inappropriate in my opinion.

The Battalion is generic, Last Odyssey sounds like it's trying too hard, and Vanishing Quest sounds like it'll literally vanish from your head. No offence to anyone, just stating my thoughts.

All that said, Riven Pass is a pretty good name. Heck, it sounds like something that could spawn a series. Riven (according to dictionary.com) means split open. Splitting open a passage to heaven perhaps? I can picture Mani or Hell being the final boss. Oops, endgame spoilers?
rofl2.gif

Anyway, just my 2 cents. Good luck on this project, I love a good indie game.
CyborGamer also had a few idea where I agree with, and some where I don't.
I do agree with the Elves thingy, so maybe no elves at all.
But I don't agree with the parody idea. Even though this game is a bit serious, I didn't say that there would be any little jokes or anything in it. Maybe a few easter eggs or something. But not a parody.

QUOTE(etteerr @ Jan 11 2011, 09:38 AM)
waflix

its a good idea to let the player choose his/her faction and other stuff...
but to do this in 3d and be able to customize it in 3d like for example dragon age(only char creation) would be a bit overkill, especial i for one programmer.
but to choose between some factions and have default skins for each faction would be no problem.

if you have any questions or if there is someone who has done multiple c++ nds games who would help(only me or the whole project)
pm me, i could use some help
tongue.gif
And finally my reaction to Etteer: I made a little mistake with saying that we didn't decide if it would be 2D or 3D, because we actually already decided (or so I thought). Because somewhere in the end of that discussion earlier this topic, someone came with the idea of 8 sprites (8 directions). I think that is the best idea for the characters.

etteerr

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
woz.dyndns.info
XP
Country
Netherlands
ok, thats fine..

but boktor666, are you implying that my programmers work is so bad that it would contain 1000000 bugs of errors XD.
just kidding, know what you mean.
8 sprites is fine by me, ONLY if i don't have to create them XD.

about the name......... what was it??? some kind of soup??????, sounds nice to me
tongue.gif

but most people cant read Japanese(even in roman) so, i don't mind.
for the Japanese people, they would probably laugh there whatever off.
they invented an new game where you need to pee the most, yess pee the most......
so this is nothing major XD
and no, im not playing THAT game........

anyway, i dont mind,
i will start with the basic script functions within this week.
if you have a idea for a function, tell me so i can write it down to the 'todo' list
smile.gif

greetz

me

boktor666

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmmmm... soup and easter eggs hmm. (Writing down). And something more above with the split heaven and Mani and Hell as endboss... Naw, but somehow you are 5% closer to my ideas. No, there wont be a god battle, but mabey something diffrent. About the elves, I'm not sure what to imply there. Mabey we can shift it to something ... fresh. But after all, (western concept huh) aren't we from the west. -_-'

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
boktor666 said:
Hmmmm... soup and easter eggs hmm. (Writing down). And something more above with the split heaven and Mani and Hell as endboss... Naw, but somehow you are 5% closer to my ideas. No, there wont be a god battle, but mabey something diffrent. About the elves, I'm not sure what to imply there. Mabey we can shift it to something ... fresh. But after all, (western concept huh) aren't we from the west. -_-'

I think the Netherlands are in the West. And not only European west.
Maybe the elves should just be human. And the characters are already designed, and they have 8 sprites, you can't create your own character like in many games, like Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, Final Fantasy III and III, Soma Bringer, the Ace Attorney series, the Kingdom Hearts series, etc..
But with the combination of soup and easter eggs in a few sentence, I didn't mean to fuse them. They are both seperated. Maybe that you can make soup or something (I don't like the idea I just wrote down), and the other thing is that there are a few easter eggs like in almost every game.

Boktor666. I think it is needed to correct you. You write mabey al the time. But the correct way to write this word is maybe. Maybe you already knew this, but you didn't knew you wrote it like this, and it was a mistake. I just wanted to mention that I saw this minor mistake 2 times this topic.

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
etteerr said:
ok, thats fine..

but boktor666, are you implying that my programmers work is so bad that it would contain 1000000 bugs of errors XD.
just kidding, know what you mean.
8 sprites is fine by me, ONLY if i don't have to create them XD.

about the name......... what was it??? some kind of soup??????, sounds nice to me
tongue.gif

but most people cant read Japanese(even in roman) so, i don't mind.
for the Japanese people, they would probably laugh there whatever off.
they invented an new game where you need to pee the most, yess pee the most......
so this is nothing major XD
and no, im not playing THAT game........

anyway, i dont mind,
i will start with the basic script functions within this week.
if you have a idea for a function, tell me so i can write it down to the 'todo' list
smile.gif

greetz

me

You don't have to draw the characters and many of the other pictures/sprites yourself. That is the part of the designers. You have to create the game, and write which sprite does what, where and when. Etc., etc..
If everyone keeps talking about the soup, I think I will remove the 'Zenzai' part of the name of this topic. I think it is quite annoying...
Also, I just want to give it a japanese feeling, as in Square Enix games, and in Soma Bringer (I can't think of any game in my examples...). It is not with Japanese characters, Japanese food, Japanese culture, and other things like this.

What is that game where you were talking about? :')

etteerr

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
woz.dyndns.info
XP
Country
Netherlands
dont know what game it is, heard it on the radio.
currently im no quite the fastest on the website, im currently sick....... all day a headache so i cant concentrate on anything.
hope it will be over soon, at our school there are more than 100 people sick.....
for the name:
war of habatsu (factions)
The war of Sens? (the war of wars)
just use Google translate, im not very creative on names
tongue.gif

but there are enough options for other names if you dont like the Red bean soup

greetz

etteerr

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
etteerr said:
dont know what game it is, heard it on the radio.
currently im no quite the fastest on the website, im currently sick....... all day a headache so i cant concentrate on anything.
hope it will be over soon, at our school there are more than 100 people sick.....
for the name:
war of habatsu (factions)
The war of Sens? (the war of wars)
just use Google translate, im not very creative on names
tongue.gif

but there are enough options for other names if you dont like the Red bean soup

greetz

etteerr

More then 100 sick people is a lot. Today started my testweek (just tests, no exams or something), so I don't hope anyone is sick on my school.
I think I like 'Riven Pass: Rise of a Legend' or 'Riven Pass: Dawn of War' the most. And the poll only has votes for 'War of Zenzai', 'The Last Odyssey: The Great War of Zenzai' and the other 2 I just mentioned.
And I don't really like Red Bean Soup in a game like this. (I clicked on the link, by the way. And there is also Red Bean Ice :'))

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"