War of Zenzai

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Waflix, Jan 2, 2011.

Jan 2, 2011

War of Zenzai by Waflix at 4:04 PM (8,027 Views / 0 Likes) 129 replies

1. Waflix
    OP

Member Waflix El Psy Congroo

Netherlands
    Okay, it may have an odd name. But if you have a better name for this game, just react on this topic, and maybe the name will change.

<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><a href="http://woz.dyndns.info/" target="_blank"><acronym title='For the latest updates&#33'>The Project Page</acronym></a><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><a href="http://gbatemp.net/t273167-war-of-zenzai" target="_blank"><acronym title='Where you can vote for the best name.'>The Name Poll</acronym></a><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><a href="http://gbatemp.net/t273458-war-of-zenzai" target="_blank"><acronym title='Where I ask for designers and artists for this game.'>Artist Topic</acronym></a><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<div align='center'><!--sizeo:40--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b><!--coloro:red--><span style="color:red"><!--/coloro-->Updates<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></div>
    <hr /><ul><li> I don't need any Scenario Editors anymore!</li><li> Our lead programmer, <a href='http://gbatemp.net/member.php?name=Etteerr' target=_blank>Etteerr</a>, is writing a PHP site for the team members, so we can send files to each other.</li><li> <a href='http://gbatemp.net/member.php?name=Etteerr' target=_blank>Etteerr</a> did send me a message today with his ideas for the site. Down here you can read it. (I translated it to English, because we send Dutch messages to each other).
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    </li><li> The site is online! <a href="http://woz.dyndns.info/" target="_blank">Click here!</a></li><li> GamePlay section was edited!</li><li> The Name Poll was reseted, and now has <b>11</b> options!

<div align='center'><!--sizeo:40--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b><!--coloro:red--><span style="color:red"><!--/coloro-->The Crew<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></div>
    <hr />
    <!--sizeo:20--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b>Crew a.t.m.</b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->
    Producer and Director - <a href='http://gbatemp.net/member.php?name=Waflix' target=_blank>Waflix</a>
    Scenario Editor - <a href='http://gbatemp.net/member.php?name=boktor666' target=_blank>boktor666</a>
    Scenario Editor - <a href='http://gbatemp.net/member.php?name=monochrome.scene' target=_blank>monochrome.scene</a>
    Lead Programmer - <a href='http://gbatemp.net/member.php?name=etteerr' target=_blank>etteerr</a>
    Designer - <a href='http://gbatemp.net/member.php?name=ThePowerOutage' target=_blank>ThePowerOutage</a>

<!--sizeo:20--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b>Lack of Crew</b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></li><li>Lead Designer</li><li>Map Designer</li><li>Character Designer</li><li>Monster/Enemy Designer</li><li>3D-Artist</li><li>Music Director</li></ul>Yes people, I am still searching for a crew. Just post if you want to join us! (But all of your future colleagues have to agree)

<div align='center'><!--sizeo:40--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b><!--coloro:red--><span style="color:red"><!--/coloro-->The Game<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></div>
    <hr />
    <b>The Prologue + Characters </b> <!--coloro:gray--><span style="color:gray"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:1--><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->by Boktor666<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<b>Original Idea</b> <!--sizeo:1--><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:gray--><span style="color:gray"><!--/coloro-->by Waflix<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<div align='center'><!--sizeo:40--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b><!--coloro:red--><span style="color:red"><!--/coloro-->GamePlay<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></div>
    <hr />
    <b>GamePlay</b> <!--coloro:gray--><span style="color:gray"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:1--><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->by Waflix<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    In the beginning you can choose; do you want to be a warrior, mage, archer, etc.. You can edit your character and give it (of course) a name.
    Later in the game, you have to accomplish quests to gain QuestXp. and gain QuestLevels. The higher the Quest Level is, the harder the quests become.
    Quests don't have anything to do with the story, but the QuestLevels do. You must have a specific Quest Level to play specific Missions. Missions are important for the storyline. Missions let you make progress in the game. Like defeating enemy Generals, or vanquishing enemy camps.
    Your team exists of 3 or 4 people (see the character descriptions above). The fight idea is that you walk through a landscape, and when you touch an enemy, you come in a turn-based fight (just like in the DQ series).
    The dialogues are as in most of the Square Enix games. And not as in Soma Bringer.

<div align='center'><!--sizeo:40--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b><!--coloro:red--><span style="color:red"><!--/coloro-->Pictures<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></div>
    <hr />
    <i>We're working on it, so please be patient!</i>

<div align='center'><!--sizeo:40--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b><!--coloro:red--><span style="color:red"><!--/coloro-->Music<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></div>
    <hr />
    <i>We're working on it, so please be patient!</i>

2. monochrome.scene

Newcomer monochrome.scene Member

United States
    Maybe you should add members whose only job is to perfect the plotline. There doesn't seem to be any working on the story in the crew you've imagined.

3. boktor666

Member boktor666 Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!

Netherlands
    Hey, this actually sounds good. I have MAY have some time left , so I could join ya scenario editor group.. Yeh sign me up. You do realize that it is a huge pain to :
    Make
    create
    program
    make quests etc etc. for a game? I hope you know what your up to, but it sounds good. PM me if you want me to join your crew.

Yup go on, sign me up [​IMG]

4. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    So if I have this correctly, you don't bring any skills to the project yourself?

5. Waflix
    OP

Netherlands
    No, that is not true.
    My role in this video game is to plan this game, add a crew, arrange (Beta) testers, etc..
    I am the one that oversees everything.
    But if you suggest I have to do more, I will look what I can do.

6. monochrome.scene

United States
    Well, by "skills", Urza may have meant that you don't bring any of your skills into the creation of the game. As in, you aren't coding the game yourself, drawing the characters, or well, create anything at all in the game. You're only the supervisor.

7. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    Those aren't skills, those are jobs (and the ones you listed don't necessarily require any skills).

Fact of the matter is, if you don't bring anything to the table yourself, you're going to have a hard time finding others willing to expend their time and effort. Your game "concept" is basically one sentence of plot and a description of an RPG. Might as well save yourself the trouble.

8. Waflix
    OP

Netherlands
    Yes, I know what he means... (maybe my reaction was a bit stupid) But yes, I am the supervisor, and I am at the moment looking for a staff.

9. Waflix
    OP

Netherlands
    Because I am not the Lead Artist of the game, or not the Map Designer, not the whatever, doesn't mean I am just going to watch. I will also create the characters, help with the maps, etc..

10. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    Then if you have more substantial ideas for the game, you should post them.

11. Waflix
    OP

Netherlands
    I'm sorry, what do you mean with that?

12. monochrome.scene

United States
    Oh, and just wondering, will this game have more of an European feel or a Japanese feel?
    As for the game's name, Maybe we could change it entirely. Like, changing the name of the region too. Because, honestly, Zenzai sounds weird. Although it's your choice whether or not to keep it. If you'd like to stick with it, then maybe shorten the title to "Zenzai" only.

13. Waflix
    OP

Netherlands
    About the name: I would like to change it entirely, I made it up when I was 9 years old, and I don't mind an other name.

About the feeling: I really like Square Enix, with Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, and that kind of stuff. So the feeling has to be Japanese, please :').

14. ThePowerOutage

Member ThePowerOutage The Lord of the Flyes

United Kingdom
    Your gonna need more than that to pull in developers. Some concept art and a story line that isn't exactly the same as the definition of an RPG would help. If you revise the first post then you might be able to count me in.

15. Waflix
    OP

Netherlands
    Suggest! I really like that.
    What do you think we still need?

16. monochrome.scene

United States
    Personally, I'd like to help too. But, the problem here is the basic idea you have of the game is too vague for us to build up anything from it, like ThePowerOutage said.
    Well, like he said, you'd need a more complete concept story and some drawings. Like, images you have in mind of the characters or the landscape.

17. Waflix
    OP

Netherlands
    Oooohw, now I understand what you guys mean, I am sorry I was so slow.
    But I don't think the pictures will be posted today, because my father installed a program called 'ClickTime', that allows me to 'internet' only 2 hours everyday. I expect reactions like "What!? If you have only 2 hours/day, you'll never have enough time to create a full game, unless you have 26 years!". My reaction "Yes, but in a few weeks I will have my own computer, and I can create as many drawings as I want!"

But I will post the pictures a.s.a.p..

18. monochrome.scene

United States
    For the story, look for something innovative, but not necessarily eccentric. Just look for something fresh.

19. ThePowerOutage

Member ThePowerOutage The Lord of the Flyes

United Kingdom
    Those programs make me laugh.
    They make schools security look invincible
    EDIT: OT: downloading GIMP now, just did a fresh install so I have no programs. I'll see what I can drum up.
    EDIT2: Downloading some other software, might take a while on this crappy wifi.

20. KuRensan

Member KuRensan aka Pearbook

Netherlands
    I was thinking to do the same as you but I never really came with an good idea. But this sound fun ^^
    uhhm the story said something about war so I have a question: When is the war ( I mean like future, Middel ages or just kind of modern war)