Hacking Want To Play Mother 3 - Suitable Flash Card?

Red or Alive

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, I've just plowed through Earthbound for the first time and I'm looking to get to work on the sequel. Obviously I'd rather make use of the (I'm told) wonderful English patch by the good people at starmen.net and so need to make use of a GBA flash cart.

(Incidentally, if discussion of this sort of thing isn't appropriate for this forum, I apologise. In that case, please move the thread, mods.)

I'm after some form of the EZ Flash IV, preferable the Lite Deluxe model, but any will do (excepting the EZ Flash Compact model) and am curious if there are any trustworthy UK-based retailers who sell genuine EZ Flash IV merchandise.

http://www.r4ir4.co.uk/

The above link takes me to what looks like a UK-based retailer, but I'd rather check if anyone else here has used their services before placing an order. Anyone?

KinGamer7

Trophies
XP
Country
I got my EZ Flash 3 in 1 from here: http://www.cheapr4i.com/

The shipping and pricing were both spot-on. I can't remember exactly how long it took to arrive, but I've been using the cart itself to play my GBA library (including Mother 3!) flawlessly with my R4. I highly recommend them. :)

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My advice is to skip the flashcart and get a psp. Psp GBA emulation is very enjoyable and they go for cheap since the vita is out.

Red or Alive

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, the reason I want to play the (patched) game on the target hardware is because the battle system has a rhythm element. This seems to be difficult to emulate exactly due to timing issues.

Does anyone know if there are any online stores selling bootleg EZ Flash IVs? Just so I can know to avoid them.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The secret to playing it on the PSP is to make sure you have the gbSP KAI version. I think the latest is version 3.4 test 1 build 2. It is an unofficial version that improves frame rates in many games unfortunately it also pissed off the original developer so we will probably never see wifi implemented.

What is wrong with purchasing from a Chinese retailer? They are very reliable and post to the UK. I would just recommend using paypal so you are not giving out any card details.

This thread might be useful to you if you manage to find an EZ flash EZ flash iv + Mother 3

Red or Alive

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm just a little wary of Chinese/Hong Kong-based retailers. Maybe I'm being a little unfair; however, the news discussed here has made me even more paranoid:

http://gbatemp.net/topic/319322-recent-hacking-of-real-hot-stuff/

It seems that Paypal have been terminating their contracts with flash cart resellers. Does anyone know of any online stores selling the EZ Flash IV that still allow for payment by Paypal?

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm just a little wary of Chinese/Hong Kong-based retailers. Maybe I'm being a little unfair; however, the news discussed here has made me even more paranoid:

http://gbatemp.net/t...real-hot-stuff/

It seems that Paypal have been terminating their contracts with flash cart resellers. Does anyone know of any online stores selling the EZ Flash IV that still allow for payment by Paypal?

Good luck finding one that does.

Red or Alive

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I ended up buying an EZ Flash IV Lite Deluxe from shop.01media.com; it's a lot more expensive and the site doesn't use Paypal, but I figured it to be the better deal overall. (I can probably sell it on and make a profit anyway.)

Thanks for helping out a newb, guys. It's much appreciated.

Red or Alive

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, to be fair, the Deluxe Bundle is much harder to find than the regular EZ Flash IV or the 3-in-1, so the higher price is a given. (In fact, shop.01media.com is the only store that I know that stocks the damn thing.)

But, yes, point taken.

Red or Alive

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for the thread necromancy, but I though it would be more polite to resurrect this thread instead of creating a new one.

Anyway, my EZ Flash IV arrived with a dead battery. I only later discovered that, aside from very early print runs, the EZ Flash IV series do not use rechargeable batteries. I received a full refund, but I'm now left with a question: were I to buy another EZ Flash IV, is there any chance it would arrive with a working battery. I see redhotstuff.hk have some in stock, but I'd rather have confirmation of other forumers having received recent, working EZ Flash IV carts before putting my money down again.

suppow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont know if you solved your battery issue, but it seems you can easly replace it with an CR-2025 battery, they're very inexpensive from what i can see. i'm guessing you only need a triwing-Y screwdriver.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SpookyBaker @ SpookyBaker: btw my updated location I listed isn't exactly where I wanted it to be, but it's very close to...