Hacking Combining EZ Flash IV and DSTwo to back up games/saves?

A_N_K

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,
I'm new, so please forgive me if I'm not posting in the correct place!

I recently wanted to play through my old copies of HeartGold and SoulSilver. I've been wanting to back up the save files before getting started, but it seems like there's no easy method to do this.

Here's a list of all the hardware I have access to:
- original DS (fat), DS lite, DSi
- Supercard DSTwo
- EZ Flash IV (the white one-- I'm not sure if that makes a difference. I know different models can be different colors.)
- Windows 10 x64 PC (not sure if this matters but I'm including it anyway)
- Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver DS cartridges
Here's what I know: there is a method where you can combine the EZ Flash 3-in-1 (which I don't own) with a slot-1 flash cart (which I do own) to back things up.

In theory, there might be a way for me to run something similar to the EZ Flash 3-in-1 software/homebrew on my EZ Flash IV in tandem with the DSTwo to back up saves. The problem is that I don't actually know if this is possible with the hardware I currently own. I have no problem buying an EZ Flash 3-in-1 if I absolutely have to, but I'd rather save my money if it's possible with what I already own. Could someone point me in the right direction?

As a bonus, I'd love to be able to dump the actual games themselves as backups, but this isn't a priority at the moment. However, since I own legitimate copies of both games, it would make things easier if I were to ever lose them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs