Hacking Want Cubic Ninja for free? Be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm well a person who appeared to be homeless (or at the very least, impoverished) approached me at McDonald's today, he said his EBT card doesn't get loaded till near the end of the month, and asked if I could buy him and his 2 buddies something off the dollar menu. I told him sure and said he could get what he wanted. They each got a value meal. Afterwards they all thanked me.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

gypsynimrod

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
It is supposed to be "Go out and DO something nice".

I hope you understand that.

It stills muddies the entire concept when the incentive for being "nice" is being rewarded with a free game. Given the extent of "nice acts" displayed in this thread alone, one can only expect people to spend $10 at maximum on someone else in order to boast about doing so here.

elmoemo

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow cex UK was selling it for 2.50 the other day and today they have it priced at £60 wtf

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
Here we go, this is a bit of my life.

I have had to go to a crappy school (will not name) for a few years. Since day one I had been abused, but me and my family fought tooth and nail against them so that people later down the line would get better treatment. I have been attacked by staff, coming home with spray disinfectant on my clothing and scratches and bruises. I have been watched on the computers more than the other children, and they deleted my work a few times. (I had backups).

I am not saying I did everything correctly, but I hope that the kids with autism get treated better down the line.

(Please do not think bad of me for this. ;-) )

Edit:
I also volunteer at my local library.

TJHeartnote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I gave a 2ds to a starving student so he would not miss out on OR/AS. Does that count for anything?

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love a copy, even though I have a gateway (two gateways actually). Its pretty tough for me to give away a gateway card honestly (saving it for my my new 3ds or might just give it to my little bro when he buys his new3ds), but I could definitely give the cubic ninja to my friend. That's the least I could do. At least he won't hate me for not giving him the gateway card.

Oh, and I am writing a research paper on gamers and pirates :P Does that constitute awesome? I also did amazing interviews with amazing people here on the forum who were massively helpful. Currently writing it. Almost finished :)

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I genuinely can't think of a good deed i did for anyone that wasn't in my family. That's pretty sad, I give my seat up for some old lady the otherday that's about it. Actually my good deed would be towards Nintendo for actually buying a 3DS game recently, They're welcome.

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just played all the way through my copy of Cubic Ninja (motion controls off), and honestly I now feel like I should be rewarded for doing that. Just kidding, but really, ugh. In a game where each level is normally about 25 seconds, it never does anything special feeling in close to 100 normal levels, and the boss fights thrown in are very poorly implemented if they were expecting the player to not rage quit over how they play. Sorry for the tangent.

keven3477

Fresh Prince of Lemonade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I totally know this dosnt count scince its hapening out in the future and its helping the family but, I bought pokemon alpha sapphire which comes Friday to my little brother scince im buying omega ruby and since he has no way to buy it himself.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Just moving this from the other thread:

If it counts for anything:

I was working till one quiet evening, when a lady came to my till. She gave me her items and I proceeded to put them through. I tell her the total, and she gives me cash, as well as change. She's counting out the change, and she discovered that she was short by a mere 10¢. Instead of dicking over 10¢, I just let her go, because she only had her essentials. Having to take out one essential to meet that shortcoming was really unfair to me, and I thought that enough extra change was left in the tills that 10¢ was a drop in the bucket in the grand scheme of things. Besides, 10¢ could be interpreted as just a mere counting error or something. Nothing too big.

And not 20 seconds later did another lady short my friend two tills down $10.

That, plus the immense work I put into MACycle for everyone to get their Eon Tickets in the upcoming ORAS games once the games do release, and my Audio Ripping utility are a few other contributions I have made with no intentions of making any form of profit.

Oh and gypsynimrod I'm still planning to let you have the package if I do get a copy. It's not like I'll need it or anything.

luney

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm nervous about this because it entails alot of personal info, but here goes anyway. I'm not posting to expect any kind of handout. Although I would like a copy of the game to use for homebrew. This post will help explain why I lowered myself to using expletives in the post I made in the other topic on this subject. Specifically why it was so frustrating to find out that I now could not afford to buy the game (when it was only $5) because someone went and bought every copy in town so that they could put them on eBay for $30 and up.

First some background. I am an A/C-Heating technician in las vegas. Normally the weather in the summers here is such that my particular chosen trade can be quite profitable. However, this has been a very rough year. Weather has been very mild and so the daily call count was only one or maybe 2 calls a day. In fact the entire last 14 to 16 months have been very mild compared to the weather extremes we are used to here. We aren't paid hourly but kind of like piece work. A maintenance call pays around $20, so one of those a day, with only myself working (wife got laid off and has had a hell of a time trying to find work), will not pay the bills. We also get commission if we sell replacement systems. That commission is reduced by every bit we reduce the sale price by though. The commission cuts become larger exponentially as the discounts become larger.
I'm not perfect, nor am I a saint. I am a decent person (thanks mom for your wisdom and guidance over the years) and was taught to help my fellow man if able.

So, a couple days ago, we got our first real cold snap of the year. We started to get repair calls which to us, as technicians, means finally an end to barely feeding ourselves so that we can be sure our children are eating well. My first call of the day was a strange call. In the notes it said that the client needed someone to insulate the system. When I arrived at the call and read the notes, I was confused and a bit angry that the office would waste my time on a call like this. I met the homeowners' adult son outside and he explained to me what was needed. His parents Have lived in the house a long time. The heating/cooling system on the house, was very old and every heating or cooling season, needed to be repaired in some way before it could be used. This year This son ad a friend of his had gone up on the roof (yeah a long time ago some genius had the brilliant idea to put air conditioners on the roof of the houses in the middle of a desert) to look at the system. The system was leaking air all over the place and had no insulation left on the outer panels that make up the box that the functional parts are enclosed in. This means that the heating/cooling system is now very inefficient and basically attempting to condition the airspace that we refer to as the atmosphere. An exercise in futility as well as a sinkhole for money if I have ever seen one. The son and his friend, with purely good intentions (I will explain), decided to seal the air leaks and insulate the cabinet, using polyurethane foam. A great idea except for one fact. This unit is a gaspack. It uses natural gas to heat an exchanger which it then blows air across and into the home to heat it. Polyurethane will burn and release poisonous gas when heated to the extreme temperatures that it would now be exposed to from the glowing red hot heat exchanger. They had basically ruined an already outdated and inefficient system and the only safe option left would be to replace it.

The son brought his father out to speak with me at this point. He explained to me that he was just about to retire when his wife was diagnosed with a very serious and very expensive to treat medical condition. The cold and very dusty air that was being pumped out by the old leaky system exacerbated her condition. She had ended up needing medical transport to the emergency room a couple times already before they were able to figure out that it was the very thing that was supposed to be making their home more comfortable for her that was in fact making her health worse. This is why the son and his friend did what they did. They were only trying to make the home comfortable for the sick mom.

After reviewing pricing to replace the system and comparing that to the funds they had at their disposal, they felt there would be no way possible. I placed a couple calls and eventually ended up on the phone with the general manager of the company I work for. Remember, the more I discount, the less I get. He eventually gave me a number that made sense for the family. A price they could afford but with a personal cost to me. It cut my commission to $0. We replaced the system for them this morning. My company included cleaning the dirt out of the duct system as well. It's funny too. This family actually lives just 2 blocks from where I live with my family. I was able to stop by on my way home this evening to check on them. They are very happy, comfortable, and safe!

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've learned a long long time ago that introducing people, who barely know how to turn on a PC, to homebrew is a very very VERY bad idea.
I've spend 7 hours, explaining, the most noob friendly ways to them how they should download things and put them on a SD card so they could play their stupid pokemon game on their Wii.

I think I've got a better shot at instructing a 4 year old on how to operate a spacecraft then to instruct a "family" how to "maintain" their homebrew on their console.

Never again...

Hardest question to answer: "I cannot find the 'root' folder on my SD Card. Where is it?" or "None of the folders on my SD Card are called 'root'. Where is it?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I havent finished watching it so no spoilers pls