Hacking waninoko goes part-time?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
GolfDude said:
hes most likely finishing up his nand emulator program to allow us to do everything VIA HD, and not touch the real nand...
Mhm..I guess that's wrong...as far as I got it, the Emu-Code is already done, but the main work of the Emulation is mainly done by - guess what - the cIOS. Also, what else do we want besides cIOS? There's pretty much everything done already (and for those GC/USB-Fans...again, this would require a cMIOS, not an app...I guess you can modify the existing app for launching the games easely for USB, if the cMIOS could be done...but again cMIOS, not cIOS..simply forget it...).

Wanin, thanks for all you've done, thanks for still supporting the cIOS, and good luck on your new project! How do you say? You should leave when it's most beautiful (or something like that
tongue.gif
).
grog.gif

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Well I said it already before to some of my friends, Hermes cIOS 222, 223 37/36 will replace Waninkokos 249...

Now it is official.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The only thing we need to hack is the thing that changes the clockspeed of the wii
As the clockspeed decides whether its a gc or wii game
(boot2 disables wii hardware if the clockspeed is too slow -> gc mode)

Empyr69er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
G0dLiKe said:
Well I said it already before to some of my friends, Hermes cIOS 222, 223 37/36 will replace Waninkokos 249...

Now it is official.

wrong..read the translation. he said he will continue to fix and make his cIOS better. Hermes stuff works, but it is def no substitute!

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nash79 said:
kedest said:
Just thought of the one thing the Wii scene is still missing: playing GC iso from HDD
It's Too difficult (not to say impossible), since GC doesnt have access to USB. (A GC Card to usb adapter maybe would be one way to go for this one, not sure though). But since you can fit 3 games on one 4.7 dvd (even more) it's not really a problem so far.
Running GC games at 3x is hardly optimal. On some games, the load times are simply ridiculous.

Since he said that what he's working on isn't related to Wii, but sort of is, I suspect that it IS related to GC. That's something that can affect Wii owners, but not Wii games. I'd love to hear other peoples' theories, though.

roku93

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
tj_cool: Never heard of that before.. I've been trying to search for information on this subject with little luck. Do you have a source for this?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
roku93 said:
tj_cool: Never heard of that before.. I've been trying to search for information on this subject with little luck. Do you have a source for this?
I don't know where I found it
If I remember correct its something like:

GC Game needs to boot -> ?? (checks if its wii or gc and changes clockspeed) -> BOOT2 again (disables wii hardware if clockspeed is too low) -> MIOS -> GC Game

roku93

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hmm.. And do you happen to know what is this BC people keep saying then? I thought it was the thing that locks all the Wii hw when entering GC mode..

EDIT: Oh, thanks Jacobeian!

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
tj_cool said:
GC Game needs to boot -> BC (checks if its wii or gc and changes clockspeed) -> BOOT2 again (disables wii hardware if clockspeed is too low) -> MIOS -> GC Game

QUOTE(Jacobeian @ Sep 6 2009, 08:04 PM) http://forum.wiibrew.org/read.php?9,8960

actually it's BC that setup the CPU clock speed register and BOOT2 lauch MIOS instead of IOS when it detects that

so no, it's not as simple as "changing the clockspeed"

Ok, so we now know its the BC that does it
Doesn't change much in the boot process of a GC game
Although we need to find a way to make boot2 load MIOS when booting a gc game

scrappy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, so it´s a big "THANK YOU!" for waninkoko for the work he has already done.

So, who´s now actually working on Nand Emulation, or did i miss anything?

Expanding the usable System Flash Memory through SD-Ram IS a very big thing and i would love to install and launch channels directly from SD-card.

Ninti´s system 4.x approach is NOT the same, as it degrades the Nand Flash every time you start a channel.
I use SSDs every day at work, i can see the wear on the memory blocks after few month, BAD blocks pile up fast, so i don´t trust this method.
So i hope somebody picks the work up from where he left...

Good luck to waninkoko for his future projects!

P.S. : Can somebody please edit the thread header to get the name right?

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Thank you Waninkoko for all those hours spent coding for the Wii and I am also wondering what his project will be
unsure.gif

scrappy said:
Well, so it´s a big "THANK YOU!" for waninkoko for the work he has already done.

So, who´s now actually working on Nand Emulation, or did i miss anything?

Expanding the usable System Flash Memory through SD-Ram IS a very big thing and i would love to install and launch channels directly from SD-card.

Ninti´s system 4.x approach is NOT the same, as it degrades the Nand Flash every time you start a channel.
I use SSDs every day at work, i can see the wear on the memory blocks after few month, BAD blocks pile up fast, so i don´t trust this method.
So i hope somebody picks the work up from where he left...

Good luck to waninkoko for his future projects!

P.S. : Can somebody please edit the thread header to get the name right?

Done already: Triiforce

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: