Hacking waninoko goes part-time?

the.g.raf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Llevaba tiempo queriendo anunciar esto...

Desde YA voy a dejar de participar de forma activa en la scene de Wii, para a partir de ahora dedicarme única y exclusivamente al mantenimiento del "Custom IOS", corregiendo bugs y añadiendo algunas mejoras (como, por ejemplo, el driver EHCI de Hermes). Esto quiere decir que dificilmente vereis nuevas aplicaciones desarrolladas por mí, y las actualizaciones de "Custom IOS" serán menos frecuentes.

Actualmente me encuentro trabajando en un proyecto más prioritario que no tiene que ver con la scene de Wii (bueno, realmente un poco sí después de todo).

source: http://www.teknoconsolas.es/blogs/waninkoko

EDIT: He says he's just going to focus on cIOS development, and no longer on app development. Because of this, we should expect for the cIOS updates to be less frequent. He is currently working on something non'Wii related (that IS somehow wii-scene related)

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
An awesome scene member, he broke through the precieved limits of homebrew and Wii hacking, delivering us the goods!

At least it seems he will continue to contribute minor additions to cIOS etc.

Thank you Wanin!!!

nash79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I guess he did everything for the wii, Play backups from the disks, from HDD, SD cards, VC Channels from HDD and SD. I virtually see nothing more he can do except correcting bugs, which he will be doing thgouth CIOS maintainance. Wanin teached a lot of people how to be independent. Dotn forget that the WII is essentially for gaming, and in this sense, Wanin made everything possible toward this. Even GC backups, that I rememberd people saying they're impossible to run in a WII were possible, I can hardly think of sthg more that can be done (without being redundant, such as asking to play VC Games from a DVD).So it's good he thinks abit of his personal plans.
Thanks Wanin for everything

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It is been a while since I wanted to announce this...

From NOW on, I'm going to stop being actie in the "Wii Scene", to dedicate myself only and exclusively to the maintaining of the "Custom IOS", fixing bugs and improving it (Eg. Hermes's EHCI driver). This means that you will hardly see new apps developed by me, and the updates of the cIOS will be less frequent.

Right now I'm working on a more prioritary project that has nothing to do with the "Wii Scene" (well, actually yes after all).

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
ether2802 said:
It is been a while since I wanted to announce this...

From NOW on, I'm going to stop being actie in the "Wii Scene", to dedicate myself only and exclusively to the maintaining of the "Custom IOS", fixing bugs and improving it (Eg. Hermes's EHCI driver). This means that you will hardly see new apps developed by me, and the updates of the cIOS will be less frequent.

Right now I'm working on a more prioritary project that has nothing to do with the "Wii Scene" (well, actually yes after all).
put that in quotes or P-box
I thought you were leaving too
laugh.gif

Anyways, thanks wanin for all your work
grog.gif

nash79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kedest said:
Just thought of the one thing the Wii scene is still missing: playing GC iso from HDD
It's Too difficult (not to say impossible), since GC doesnt have access to USB. (A GC Card to usb adapter maybe would be one way to go for this one, not sure though). But since you can fit 3 games on one 4.7 dvd (even more) it's not really a problem so far.

KennyLeam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nash79 said:
kedest said:
Just thought of the one thing the Wii scene is still missing: playing GC iso from HDD
It's Too difficult (not to say impossible), since GC doesnt have access to USB. (A GC Card to usb adapter maybe would be one way to go for this one, not sure though). But since you can fit 3 games on one 4.7 dvd (even more) it's not really a problem so far.

multiboot isnt good enough for me...I don't have my discs anywhere near my wii because of my kids...toddlers get into anything!

Timmy5000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cry.gif
hate2.gif

Its not fair, ITS NOT FAIR
He can still do more

He still needs to make the program that scratches you ass with a laser from space
frown.gif

Anyways, Thanks W, you helped make my Wii a kick ass system
smile.gif

Tagg7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Waninkoko is pretty much a legend now. If he can simply continue to update cIOS, everyone will be more than happy (IOS reload?).

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not fair? Give the guy a break, he did a lot of work so you could do things you wouldn't have been able to do otherwise.

Waninkoko's departure doesn't mean the wiiscene is dead... Plenty of devs and coders are out there making nice apps, just not all focused on piracy.

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
i dont read this as him leaving

reading ether's translation !

waninkoko is concentrating on cIOS ( so less bugs and more compatability ) also his end comment is that hes working on another wii scene project ( well sort off ) knowing wanin it will be great

seems all good to me

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hes most likely finishing up his nand emulator program to allow us to do everything VIA HD, and not touch the real nand...

PrimeTime 84

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank's for all Wanin, without you the gamer life never be the same.
happy.gif
nayps3.gif

kedest said:
NO! The major question is Metroid Prime Trilogy don't working ok on the USB Loader. xP
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: both of which work well in potplayer