Hacking Waninkoko's on fire !!!! Cios Rev20 Coming !

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginaldi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Digital1980 said:
WiiPower said:
Waninkoko is collecting money for an usb gecko right now. He didn't say it, but i think he won't continue his work on the cIOS until he has it. An usb gecko in Waninkoko's hand would be awesome anyways, it would speed up his development a lot. With an usb gecko he gets lots more info than by regular testing, while you may be able to tell where you get a black screen freeze, an usb gecko can tell for eample what commands the game send to the cIOS before the freeze(and it can a lot more). The last i heard was that he working at the IOS Reload problem and the nand emu, and both is something where debugging with an usb gecko is essential.

For those who don't understand, when i write something for NeoGamma and have a bug, i can just insert code into NeoGamma that makes it stop at certain places and display some info. That's why an usb gecko might nice for me but it's definatively not a must. But a cIOS can't output something to the screen, without an usb gecko, everything is done blindly.

The link is in his official irc channel: #cIOS on freenode

Donation link:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_...d=ECVA8XM89DFDA

Thanks for the link. Waninkoko deserves some donations for all he has contributed. He has really simplified my life.

+1
yaywii.gif

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Sorry, no, but i think you can't assemble your own usb gecko for much less than these 40 Euros.
I guess so, too. But I have much eletronic parts lying around (also some Micro Controllers (from complete Arduino to some lonely controllers)) and just wanted to look if I have the right parts (or similar) lying around
wink.gif

waninkoko

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks to everybody who donated. I almost have the money I need to buy one. This will help A LOT in the IOS reloading fix and the NAND emulator (and when I say A LOT, I mean A LOT, for the first time I'll be able to code cIOS with some debug output!).

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
After you get a gecko wanin keep taking donations.

I think you REALLY need battery chargers too
tongue.gif

I'm sure there are other things you could get too that would...... help you help us, think about it people it makes sense.

Some examples would be a guitar or mic, some people want these to work but waninkoko needs to get testers with these to test them, which is not always an easy option. Maybe other things too like a USB hub, or WiiSpeak, or other accessories.

I want to point out that there are other devs in need of some things too, I wont name names as this is not their thread, but a lot of people save a lot of time (or cash) and it's good to give back a little sometimes.

If you met wanin in your local pub would you buy him a pint ? imho it would be rude not to.

Also make a big SPAM sig like me
tongue.gif
Well at least until he gets his gecko
wink.gif

Havok10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gave a small donation... ISO reloading fix would be cool.. but I really want to see it working with triforce again..

Lafie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It amazes me how waninkoko has been able to develop the cIOS without proper debugging tools. I know what a pain debugging is even with proper debugging output. With the USB Gecko I'm expecting a lot more from you now, waninkoko
rolleyes.gif

Looking forward to cIOS rev20!

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lafie said:
It amazes me how waninkoko has been able to develop the cIOS without proper debugging tools. I know what a pain debugging is even with proper debugging output. With the USB Gecko I'm expecting a lot more from you now, waninkoko
rolleyes.gif

Looking forward to cIOS rev20!

Waninkoko is good, real good. Give him a turd and it will be polished!

greg1991

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OMG! and i am still on rev14, been a looooong time since i have looked into the scene so much has changed in so little time...GO Waninkoko!!!!
yaywii.gif
yaywii.gif
yaywii.gif
grog.gif

P.S I agree with Slimmmmmm, keep taking donations. Just think about it, lets say 100,000 people used your work and they all donated a euro or whatever ... THATS 100,000 euros
ohmy.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I like the last twitter entry:
I just needed 10 minutes to debug the NAND emulator with the USB Gecko and fix the remaining bugs. Great!

Gassy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What games are currently affected by the IOS reload problem? Is this the problem, for example, with Sam and Max?

matguitarist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wii Power :

Army Men: Soldiers of Misfortune (maybe not, only 1 confirmation)
Boogie (not Boogie Superstar which doesn't need this)
Call of Duty 3
CSI: Deadly Intent(IOS53, IOS Reload when trying to play 1st misson, maybe alt .dol from disc+ would allow to select the mission)
FarCry(IOS9, looks like no chance for alt .dol from disc+, does an IOS Reload in the middle of the game)
Fate of Atlantis(inside Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings)
FIFA 08
House of the Dead 2(IOS Reload block function in Hermes cIOS works! Also alternative .dol loading allows to boot HOTD2 directly)
Mahjong Kakutou Club(Mahjong Fight Club)
Madden '07
Madden '08
Medal of Honor Heroes 2
Metal Slug Anthology
Metroid Prime 1(alternative .dol loading works partially, only 1st slot and veteran difficulty, alt .dol from disc+ might help)
Metroid Prime 2(alternative .dol loading works partially, only 1st slot and veteran difficulty, alt .dol from disc+ might help)
Metroid Prime Trilogy(IOS55, .dols for PAL: rs5fe_p.dol, rs5mp1_p.dol, rs5mp2_p.dol and rs5mp3_p.dol, alternative .dol loading works partially, only 1st slot each, veteran difficulty, no multiplayer, alt .dol from disc+ might help)
Mortal Kombat Armageddon
NBA Live '08
Pangya Golf With Style(=Super Swing Golf)
Red Steel(IOS9, IOS Reload directly before main menu, alternative .dol loading makes the game fully playable)
Sam & Max Season One(IOS33, fully playable with alt .dol from disc+)
Splinter Cell Double Agent
SSX Blur
Video tutorial in Grand slam Tennis
Video tutorial in Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10
Video tutorial in Virtua Tennis
Video tutorial in Wii Sports Resort(player.dol, alternative .dol loading works)

waninkoko

Trophies
XP
Country
The only game I have with IOS reloading is Red Steel and it didn't work... well, it didn't work even loading it from disc channel (my copy is original, lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PRMX5mX-hvs?si=JdjNrndYJ7PelC7q