Hacking Waninkoko's on fire !!!! Cios Rev20 Coming !

Status
Not open for further replies.

matguitarist

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2008
Messages
458
Trophies
0
Location
Canada
XP
147
Country
Canada
hackinblack: FAT module for rev20 has been completely rewritten. Now it's a 65% smaller and faster. The FFS plugin has been modified to work with it.

and yesterday : hackinblack: I'm working in a new approach to block (or semi-block) IOS reloading...
 

Digital1980

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2008
Messages
499
Trophies
0
XP
190
Country
United States
Nice nice, hopefully more fixes on the way.

One request is a cure for the -1042 error when trying to launch games with triiforce_mrc v9 with my USB emulated nand.

Current setup is Rev19 + Hermes v5
 

harmor

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2010
Messages
420
Trophies
0
XP
88
Country
United States
Digital1980 said:
Nice nice, hopefully more fixes on the way.

One request is a cure for the -1042 error when trying to launch games with triiforce_mrc v9 with my USB emulated nand.

Current setup is Rev19 + Hermes v5
Perhaps the developers of TriiForce need to update their software to work with rev18+
 

Skater4599

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
May 29, 2008
Messages
965
Trophies
0
Location
United States
XP
1,402
Country
United States
Wow great news! If rev20 fixes triiforce support and adds wifi capability's that would be great, but already sounds like its doing more than just that with FAT improvements and *crosses fingers* MPT from USB fix
 

boto12

Well-Known Member
Newcomer
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
63
Trophies
0
XP
207
Country
United States
Skater4599 said:
Wow great news! If rev20 fixes triiforce support and adds wifi capability's that would be great, but already sounds like its doing more than just that with FAT improvements and *crosses fingers* MPT from USB fix

I don't understand the problem! MPT is working with rev19!!!

A fix to triiforce will be very welcomed.


Even nintendo recognized the great hacker waninkoko is, this was the biggest prize that anyone could have. version 4.2 was the proof
 

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2008
Messages
3,564
Trophies
1
Website
Visit site
XP
3,009
Country
United States
boto12 said:
Skater4599 said:
Wow great news! If rev20 fixes triiforce support and adds wifi capability's that would be great, but already sounds like its doing more than just that with FAT improvements and *crosses fingers* MPT from USB fix

I don't understand the problem! MPT is working with rev19!!!

Pretty sure they meant MPT from USB without having to use the alt.dol mothod.

Is Wad Manager ever going to work with Wanins new cIOS's with 57 as base? Or are we just going to have to use 250 with 38 as base (or something similar) from here on out?
 

TrapperKeeperX

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2005
Messages
524
Trophies
0
XP
403
Country
United States
this is just awesome Metroid Prime 1 NPC,Metroid Prime 2 Dark Echoes NPC, & Metroid Prime Trilogy! no more disc loading with cIOSCORP ever again! USB Loaders will rise up and be very superior than disc loading
smile.gif
!

IOS249 rev20 with IOS57
IOS250 rev20 with IOS38

Sounds very interesting it makes IOS250 very useful. Since now and days IOS250 is just another copy of IOS249 which is pointless.

Using IOS250 to install & uninstall wads while using IOS 249 to play IOS Reloading Games that's the perfect combination for a cIOS.
 

harmor

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2010
Messages
420
Trophies
0
XP
88
Country
United States
TeenTin said:
Expecting a true new breakthrough --- solving IOS reloading issue !
I'm curious to know why USB Loaders have block IOS reloading if it doesn't work.
 

harmor

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2010
Messages
420
Trophies
0
XP
88
Country
United States
TrapperKeeperX said:
this is just awesome Metroid Prime 1 NPC,Metroid Prime 2 Dark Echoes NPC, & Metroid Prime Trilogy! no more disc loading with cIOSCORP ever again! USB Loaders will rise up and be very superior than disc loading
smile.gif
!
IOS249 rev20 with IOS57
IOS250 rev20 with IOS38

Sounds very interesting it makes IOS250 very useful. Since now and days IOS250 is just another copy of IOS249 which is pointless.
I hope Waninkoko makes an installer where we can install IOS249 and 250 using different bases instead of using BlueDump.
 

TrapperKeeperX

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2005
Messages
524
Trophies
0
XP
403
Country
United States
this will give Waninkoko an idea or how about a cIOS that installs all 5 IOS'

IOS 249 with IOS57
IOS 250 with IOS38
IOS 251 with IOS37
IOS 252 with IOS60
IOS 253 with IOS70

since Waninkoko is using 5 IOS' to work with he might also taking those 5 IOS' and making all 5 of them as the main installer.

Giving everyone IOS Reloading,WAD Installing,Playing RB,GH, other Music Instrument Games, and NAND Emulation stuff.

Hell Hermes has 4 Different IOS' already 202,222,223,224

This will give Waninkoko an idea on what to do hopefully.

This would give alot of people to work on for Loaders USB Loaders,Triiforce,etc. Hell in the end it maybe worth it?!
 

Skater4599

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
May 29, 2008
Messages
965
Trophies
0
Location
United States
XP
1,402
Country
United States
D34DL1N3R said:
boto12 said:
Skater4599 said:
Wow great news! If rev20 fixes triiforce support and adds wifi capability's that would be great, but already sounds like its doing more than just that with FAT improvements and *crosses fingers* MPT from USB fix

I don't understand the problem! MPT is working with rev19!!!

Pretty sure they meant MPT from USB without having to use the alt.dol mothod.

Is Wad Manager ever going to work with Wanins new cIOS's with 57 as base? Or are we just going to have to use 250 with 38 as base (or something similar) from here on out?


Indeed i did mean the proper fix without alt dol loading and being forced to play on veteran difficulty

Wad manager may see a fix for other base IOS's who knows but im sure its low priority as there are several other ways to install wads, trucha patch ios 36 works great (and use to be the only way to do this) i dont get what the big deal is with not being able to use 249, even hermes IOS's (v4) work great for this
 

Linkpal

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2009
Messages
106
Trophies
0
Location
USA
XP
136
Country
United States
Holy crap, he's gonna block IOS reloading?

Oh my God, I've been waiting forever for this! Hell yeah!

Now I have something to be significantly excited about.
biggrin.gif
I'll get to play through my copy of Trilogy again without having to wait for all of the damn doors to open! I hope I have 8 gigs free on my USB hard drive.
tongue.gif
Thanks Waninkoko!
 

jaybee

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2010
Messages
205
Trophies
0
XP
106
Country
This is indeed good news! Please wanin, can you fix the Triiforce issue(s) if possible? We really appreciate your work and would like to keep to the latest IOS but some of us cant do without Triiforce so we are still stuck on r17 awaiting your liberation to the next level! cIOS r20 for the WIN!
biggrin.gif
 

Kovani

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2009
Messages
168
Trophies
0
XP
86
Country
Canada
Well said, jaybee. I really hope that rev20 will be compatible with TriiForce.

Keep up the good work Waninkoko!
 

terminal_illness

Dark Hadou Master
Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2008
Messages
746
Trophies
0
Age
35
Location
Canada! Mah Fukas!
Website
Visit site
XP
228
Country
Canada
Skater4599 said:
D34DL1N3R said:
boto12 said:
Skater4599 said:
Wow great news! If rev20 fixes triiforce support and adds wifi capability's that would be great, but already sounds like its doing more than just that with FAT improvements and *crosses fingers* MPT from USB fix

I don't understand the problem! MPT is working with rev19!!!

Pretty sure they meant MPT from USB without having to use the alt.dol mothod.

Is Wad Manager ever going to work with Wanins new cIOS's with 57 as base? Or are we just going to have to use 250 with 38 as base (or something similar) from here on out?


Indeed i did mean the proper fix without alt dol loading and being forced to play on veteran difficulty

Wad manager may see a fix for other base IOS's who knows but im sure its low priority as there are several other ways to install wads, trucha patch ios 36 works great (and use to be the only way to do this) i dont get what the big deal is with not being able to use 249, even hermes IOS's (v4) work great for this

i was about to write the same thing... just use patched ios36
 

Robotic Earthlin

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2006
Messages
103
Trophies
0
XP
144
Country
I don't think people should jump to the conclusion that MPT will work with rev20 quite yet. He said he's "working in [sic] a new approach to block (or semi-block) IOS reloading," meaning it's not finished yet, and he may not be sure if it's going to work. The fact that he says "semi-block" isn't exactly reassuring either.

I don't doubt Waninkoko's abilities, but I'd be hesitant to expect something that he hasn't confirmed yet. Though hoping is fine, as there seems to be a glimmer of hope now.
tpi.gif


(The only reason I used that smiley is because I have no idea what it is.)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
    Omeg @ Omeg: RIP