zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SpaceJump said:
And what about this:
QUOTE said:
- Are the IOS to download of your list the same for a PAL Wii?

Yes, they are all the same. Only thing different across regions in my guide is your system menu. Make sure you download the correct one for your region (ie: v482 would be PAL)

perkinsbrandon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rextintorz said:
I got a problem. I've tried placing the Firmware Updater 4.2 (renaming it boot.dol) in three places:

1 - in the apps folder;
2 - inside the apps folder, on a folder named firmware_updater_4.2;
3 - in the root of my micro SD.

Problem is, I can't find it on Homebrew Channel. Any sugestions?

EDIT: I already installed all necessary files before this (Hackmii 0.5, DVDX 2 and Homebrew Channel update).

EDIT 2: also, now my Wii always starts with the BootMii menu. How to turn that off? Or it's not possible?
you can controll that with the power and the reset buttons

perkinsbrandon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
limesherbert said:
bazamuffin said:
pimpkin said:
anyone getting this?

hpim2331.jpg

tried running it a few times and keep getting that at different times durring the wii speak channel.

Yep!! Tried 3 different SD cards, and it eventually went through OK after giving -1 at different points in the installation. Just grin and bear my friend is all I can say

Me too, except I get errorz when downloading the shop channel
frown.gif

do you have enough wii memory.if so i dnt no whats the prob.

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it worth updating to 4.1 using this method if i have a Wiikey V1, heard it disables the multi region function of the WiiKey?

taunnt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
King Of Chaos said:
Yep.

1) Run Hackmii v0.5 and update Homebrew Channel, DVDx and BootMii.

2) Run Firmware Updater 4.2.

3) Feel happy to be pimpin' on 4.2 without issue.
tongue.gif

All cIOSes and boot2 version should remain.
smile.gif

If you don't update Homebrew Channel and DVDx first, you will have to use the SmashStack or Indiana Pwns exploit to restore them!

Hello two thing for someone. I did this, and now HBC loads upside down. I deleted HSC to reinstall, and hackmii gives me an error about my IOS installed. How can I install HBC now?

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
taunnt said:
King Of Chaos said:
Yep.

1) Run Hackmii v0.5 and update Homebrew Channel, DVDx and BootMii.

2) Run Firmware Updater 4.2.

3) Feel happy to be pimpin' on 4.2 without issue.
tongue.gif

All cIOSes and boot2 version should remain.
smile.gif

If you don't update Homebrew Channel and DVDx first, you will have to use the SmashStack or Indiana Pwns exploit to restore them!

Hello two thing for someone. I did this, and now HBC loads upside down. I deleted HSC to reinstall, and hackmii gives me an error about my IOS installed. How can I install HBC now?

This has been covered dozens and dozens of times over the past few days....even in this thread. You have to fix the IOS your HBC resides on, and you have to install a non-fakesigned IOS so that the hackmii installer can continue. Look a few pages back in this thread for details...

I am now really having some doubts as to where this installer came from. It is still not listed on Waninkoko's blog:

http://www.teknoconsolas.es/blogs/waninkoko

And it causes some major issues with all of the fakesigning. Hard to imagine he would have released this..

groats

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:
zektor: This has been covered dozens and dozens of times over the past few days....even in this thread. You have to fix the IOS your HBC resides on, and you have to install a non-fakesigned IOS so that the hackmii installer can continue. Look a few pages back in this thread for details...

I am now really having some doubts as to where this installer came from. It is still not listed on Waninkoko's blog:

And it causes some major issues with all of the fakesigning. Hard to imagine he would have released this..

same here:
yesterday i updatet my HBC to 1.0.5 with the new Hackmii 0.5 Installer.
all worked fine!

today i did the Waninkoko FW 4.2 update!

now my homebrewchannel looks (upsidedown, too) like this:

crazy HBC (waninkoko_v4.2_with_HBC.v1.0.5 on PAL Maschine)

^^ non official (with fakesigned-IOS inside) Waninkoko 4.2 updater-file ?

^^ for now i installed my 4.1 NAND- backup (thnx to BootMII Team!) till things a clear!!!

MagusDraco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lettuce said:
Is it worth updating to 4.1 using this method if i have a Wiikey V1, heard it disables the multi region function of the WiiKey?

No, it is not worth it to update to 4.2.

It adds no features, whatsoever and seems to just cause more headaches than it is worth.

I'd just stick with 4.1.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
groats said:
QUOTE said:
zektor: This has been covered dozens and dozens of times over the past few days....even in this thread. You have to fix the IOS your HBC resides on, and you have to install a non-fakesigned IOS so that the hackmii installer can continue. Look a few pages back in this thread for details...

same here:
all worked fine!

^^ for now i installed my 4.1 NAND- backup (thnx to BootMII Team!) till things a clear!!!

Just use DOP-IOS to install new vers. of IOS61 (without hashfix) and all should be good

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bazamuffin said:
groats said:
QUOTE said:

same here:
all worked fine!

Just use DOP-IOS to install new vers. of IOS61 (without hashfix) and all should be good

My HBC had installed using IOS36, so in order to fix things so that it'd use my cleanly downloaded IOS61, I needed to uninstall it and reinstall it and now it's right-side up using IOS61.

bodean

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How do we upgrade to the latest hackmii? Running an older version. Do I just take the SD card out of my wii,copy the new files over to it, put it back in the wii and install?

C

CasperH

perkinsbrandon said:
limesherbert said:
bazamuffin said:
pimpkin said:
anyone getting this?

hpim2331.jpg

tried running it a few times and keep getting that at different times durring the wii speak channel.

Yep!! Tried 3 different SD cards, and it eventually went through OK after giving -1 at different points in the installation. Just grin and bear my friend is all I can say

Me too, except I get errorz when downloading the shop channel
frown.gif

do you have enough wii memory.if so i dnt no whats the prob.
You probably didn't redeemed your code which came with WiiSpeak.

pesaroso

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gah, I've tried to use this about 3 times now, every time a random error. First one didn't install the Shop Channel properly. Second time my network timed out, but this time I was sure it was gonna make it, but it failed on content #13, giving me ERRORZ! (ret = -2)

Anyone ever heard of -2 ? Even google doesn't have anything on Waninkoko firmware updater + ret = -2.. :/

Oh well, will just try again then.
PAL Wii firmware 4.1, with Cyclowiz chip, HBC 1.0.5, and BootMii from HackMii 0.5 installed.

Btw, just to be sure, I reinstalled BootMii on boot2 before doing this upgrade.. It worked, but now it won't install as an IOS. It used to work, why is this? DVDX and HBC worked as they should as well, only BootMii on IOS that I recieved an error on :/

Thanks!

Phylos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting bit here.....
Waninkoko's site
gives me:

Code:
Fatal error: Call to a member function set_user_url() on a non-object in /home/teknocon/public_html/foro/includes/functions_content.php on line 1262

Waninkok's site seems to be down.....

Edit.... site seems to be back up now, but no new Wii stuff or PS3 stuff...

dai-a

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Why would you bring this dead thread back?

:/ This shit updater from waninkoko isn't even good. I appreciate the effort but fakesigning every IOS is pointless. I hope no one uses his updater. NO offense if Wanin reallly did make this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: That YT was sooo Hysterical Syl. ROFL