Hacking waninkoko 4.0 upgrader will it work on a lu65 3.4u wii?

tanis698

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
want to upgrade to 4.0 so i can atleast have preloader as brick protection.does anyone know if it will work on the model i have?i pretty much just play backups.

saulin

Trophies
XP
Country
I thought all new wiis were not hackable? or maybe something already came out. Yours sounds like a new wii. Or maybe it's just those with firmware 4.0 that are not hackable.

RT-9

Trophies
Website
www.trancecast.tk
XP
Country
Canada
yes you can i have it installed to first on 3.4 then i stupidly upgraded to 4.0 official ..but install preloader after you upgrade...preloader will be removed if you install it before updating

RT-9

Trophies
Website
www.trancecast.tk
XP
Country
Canada
saulin said:
I thought all new wiis were not hackable? or maybe something already came out. Yours sounds like a new wii. Or maybe it's just those with firmware 4.0 that are not hackable.
basicly, they are hackable... i found some app that will do the job for 4.0 just look on gbatemp for it.. i called it wii 4.0 softmod or somthing like that

i've used it too and i got from 4.0 to 3.2
rolleyes.gif
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=5846

tanis698

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a newer wii so i can't downgrade etc.i try to install it but it says ios36 has the fakesign bug fixed.

ubuntux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, new to the site and trying to learn and read everything I can to jump right into the Wii hacking scene..From what I have read I for some reason am having trouble comprehending what I can do with my new Wii, I have a LU65 model and stupidly upgraded to 4.0u...As of right now , what is it possible to do with my Wii without bricking it. I tried a few weeks ago but from what I understand, a "new" fix may have been released, can someone clear this up for me... Thanks again in advance for anyones assistance with this issue.
Thanks and I Look forward to being a part of this site.

tanis698

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RT-9 said:
just try this http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=5846

i upgraded too from a 3.2 wii to 4.0 and i downgraded from 4.0 to 3.2 again...
when you download that app read the readme... you cannot install it in an other way if you haven't installed "the homebrew channel" yet...
i can't downgrade with a new wii.it's either stay at 3.4 or goto 4.0.i have read that you can't install preloader on a 3.4u but can on 4.0 or does it matter now that there is a new preloader ?

RT-9

Trophies
Website
www.trancecast.tk
XP
Country
Canada
you have to go in data management then go to channels...then to the SD card
you can't boot it in hbc if you have hbc installed already

you have to put ALL the files that are in the archive in the ROOT
not in the APPS folder

once more: 1ST:go to wii options (the button on the left in the main menu which say's "WII")
2ND: go to data management
3RD: go to channels
4TH: go to sd card and a message will popup which says "load /boot.dol?

i hope this helps you out

i am now on wii 3.2 with preloader installed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree" +1