Hacking Wanin- to release Cios rev 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FAT support is already a reality, that's why. Check out Configurable USB Loader's implementation of it. It runs ISOs in .wbfs format so they maintain the scrubbed size. And if they're too big the files are split to avoid running into the 4GB wall.

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
xzxero said:
FAT support would be the greatest
biggrin.gif

From what i've read so many times about Wanin...he really doesnt "like" FAT.

technosexual

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rev15 is only supposed to be a bugfix version, sort of a 14b. but wiipower said it would confuse too many people so its just rev15

i wouldnt hope for too many new features, if any
also i hope this doesnt turn into a whinefest like it did when he released rev14 later than he announced

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
I remember sometime ago that he promissed Real NAND Emulation is cIOSrev15.
I wonder if he is sticking it in too....

Well...doesnt matter much, is it's wanin = quality.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Hope wanin fixes some of the nand emu issues, but doubt he will.

I'm not gonna hold out hope for an IOS reload block either and am fairly sure this will just fix the bugs of rev14.

It would be nice if wanin handed over his sources and findings to someone more active to develop his cIOS further, but again I doubt this will happen anytime soon.

Well I guess we'll all need to wait and see if there are any surprises with this cIOS when released.

Good stuff wanin.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Pakatus said:
xzxero said:
FAT support would be the greatest
biggrin.gif

From what i've read so many times about Wanin...he really doesnt "like" FAT.

Maybe he'll be the first to add NTFS support... but that's just wishful thinking... highly doubt it... but still, that would be groundbreaking, and that's what wanin's all about

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pakatus said:
I remember sometime ago that he promissed Real NAND Emulation is cIOSrev15.
I wonder if he is sticking it in too....

Well...doesnt matter much, is it's wanin = quality.
Uh, it's already capable of "real" nand emulation as far as I'm aware. All that's missing is an app for it, which we'll have once SNEEKv2 is out

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
nIxx said:
Well actually the NAND emulation is still buggy and Sneek itself is a NAND emulator that can even start from bootmii.

Yeah, it's still buggy and could be improved a lot.
Also some homebrew apps (like Geexbox) don't recognize my HDD anymore when I switched to cIOS14.
So there are still some bugs in the USB HDD department too.

Glad to see an update!

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
SNEEK wont make many here happy as it wont support USB and only SD.

Pirates for example want all the DLC music from GH and rockband games running from HDD and as we know pirates are the majority around these parts.

SNEEK will be good for some things, and very handy for devs etc, but not for the average user wanting to store everything on HDD.

The nand emulation in rev14 has some bugs, WiiPower himself said he wont include nand emulation into NeoGamma until it is fixed, but he himself wants to see the "basics" fixed first.

I had high hopes for nand emulation, but feel we need maybe Hermes or someone knew to take on this massive task.

Not knocking cIOS rev 15 or SNEEK just making sure people understand they wont allow running all WiiWare, VC, Game Save and DLC from HDD for some time yet.

We only have one more day to wait to see what Rev15 brings to the table, my guess is DL fixed, and hopefully instruments fixed but not sure it will be. So probably only a DL fix (and something else ?)

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Det1re said:
Slimmmmmm said:

Well, it's name is not UNEEK.
wink.gif

I know this, and you know this and I know you know that I know this and you even know that I know that, but some may get confused
tongue.gif

I'm dreading the 1000+ posts wanting to put a zillion dlc tracks on HDD (though it will be cool once people manage it without all the hassle of Nicks Neo mod and extracting so many files, editing etc etc)

EnioMarcos

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm using only the Hermes's IOS. The 249 lacks support for dual layer and FAT32.

FAT32 is a great improvement over the WBFS. FAT32 have tools to resize, copy, extend, fix ... And FAT32 is a standard, any SO recognizes it.

A great new version of IOS249, in my opinion, need have to be at least these two innovations: FAT32 and dual layer compatibility.

Anyway, Wanin are a genius and was most helpful for us to reach where we are and always deserves much gratitude: Thank you!

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I hope that it fixes whatever it takes to run Sam & Max on USB drives and the NAND emulation compatibility

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slimmmmmm said:

Pirates for example want all the DLC music from GH and rockband games running from HDD and as we know pirates are the majority around these parts.

SNEEK will be good for some things, and very handy for devs etc, but not for the average user wanting to store everything on HDD.

The nand emulation in rev14 has some bugs, WiiPower himself said he wont include nand emulation into NeoGamma until it is fixed, but he himself wants to see the "basics" fixed first.

I had high hopes for nand emulation, but feel we need maybe Hermes or someone knew to take on this massive task.

Not knocking cIOS rev 15 or SNEEK just making sure people understand they wont allow running all WiiWare, VC, Game Save and DLC from HDD for some time yet.

We only have one more day to wait to see what Rev15 brings to the table, my guess is DL fixed, and hopefully instruments fixed but not sure it will be. So probably only a DL fix (and something else ?)

NAND Emu (whether wanin or SNEEK) is going to be inherently slow, because it funnels everything through a single FAKE IOS (MINI or cIOS). So a plan to use it to keep every single possible thing on USB would result in frustratingly slow results anyway.

Once they are polished, use it to expand your NAND to 8, 16, or 32 Gig, for channelz and huge savegamez, and enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Overclock your PS3!!! lol