Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
DrX1969 said:
I just wish someone would create a detailed guide on how to install waio.
I think I have tried about a half a dozen ways to install this on my R4-III and still can't get it to work as the replacement firmware.
I get to work somewhat as stand alone rom, but even then when I set it up to autoboot, it still is going back to ysmenu to load the games once I have selected them in waio.
Also, as a autoboot/default rom load, once I have finished playing and I turn off my ds and restart, for some reason, it is then autoloading the last ds game I played and not waio.
Specificly, I would like to see how the mshl2wrap.ini should be set up so that I can autoboot this properly or even set this up as firmware with ysmenu.
Xenon - Even though I have been very frustrated with this, when I have seen this work is is absolutely brilliant. keep up the good work.
There is only so much we can help with while being unable to actually see what we are doing or know what you are doing, plus you sounded like you almost had it anyways if you can get it to either autoboot a rom once you finished playing it and then it boots back to the game instead of WAIO or "get to work somewhat as stand alone rom, but even then when I set it up to autoboot, it still is going back to ysmenu to load the games once I have selected them in waio"....

The mshl2wrap.ini is extremely straightforward and I have no idea how you could not understand this one if you can get the other ones. Supposing you have the nds.inilink.nds from Xenon++ tools, you just place that into the extlink folder and you can either duplicate it and rename them _hn.HugeNDSLoader.nds and _vh.VeryHugeNDSLoader.nds and leave your mshl2wrap.ini untouched or make sure your nds.inilink.nds is infact "nds.inilink.nds" (which it is in the download) and that it is in the extlink folder.

You must then make sure the inilink.ini is correct and that it is leading to ysmenu.nds and the ysmenu.ini and of course USING that setting by UseWoodR4=0. Supposing that you have done all of this correctly, you would be able to load games via moonshell2 and that means you are almost done. All that is left is to put on the WAIO part of the entire thing which is probably the simplest part of a drag&drop of the _rpg folder and the WAIO.nds. I don't know if it needs to be dldi-patched (I assume that it does), but in any case, it should work after setting it up in this manner.

The instructions can't really get any simpler nor can I give any specific answers because I have never tried WAIO before nor to I expect to because I have an AK2 which I feel doesn't need to have an interface that similar when the interface is just for looks anyways and I have an original R4 that works with WoodR4 already. The answers that I am currently giving are based off of my prior knowledge about MS2 and even that may be slightly mistaken because I haven't had to troubleshoot any MS2 problems lately.

Xenon++ should be back from his vacation soon xD...

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DrX1969 said:
I get to work somewhat as stand alone rom, but even then when I set it up to autoboot, it still is going back to ysmenu to load the games once I have selected them in waio.

Also, as a autoboot/default rom load, once I have finished playing and I turn off my ds and restart, for some reason, it is then autoloading the last ds game I played and not waio.
You need WAIO 0.920.93.

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Alucart said:
Hi can someone please tell me how to autoboot it from the M3Real? ô_o I just can't make it work, I mean, I can load it normaly like a normal rom, but I cant make Waio Firmware autoload on my M3 Real
1. Get http://leafmoon.users.sourceforge.net/DSEM/resource.7z
2. Edit g6dsload.eng. You can see /moonshl2/reload.dat then change it to /waio.nds
3. Put g6dsload.eng to /system(overwrite old one)
4. Done.

Alucart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Xenon++ said:
2. Edit g6dsload.eng. You can see /moonshl2/reload.dat then change it to /waio.nds
4. Done.

Tried and just got a black screen after the m3 logo, I placed waio.nds in root of the Micro SD card and in the system folder, but only got a black screen ô_o

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Alucart said:
Xenon++ said:
4. Done.

Tried and just got a black screen after the m3 logo, I placed waio.nds in root of the Micro SD card and in the system folder, but only got a black screen ô_o
Wait, can you start MoonShell2 with custom g6dsload?

Alucart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Xenon++ said:
Alucart said:
Xenon++ said:
4. Done.

Wait, can you start MoonShell2 with custom g6dsload?

How do I do that? ô_o
If I can, there is someway to put M3 Real to autoboot moonshell2 that will autoboot waio?

Alucart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Xenon++ said:
Alucart said:
How do I do that? ô_o
If I can, there is someway to put M3 Real to autoboot moonshell2 that will autoboot waio?
4. Done.

Well this is only test...

No, it didn't worked at all, I put the moonshell2 files on the moonshl2 folder, and just got the two black screens ô_o

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Alucart said:
Xenon++ said:
Alucart said:
How do I do that? ô_o
4. Done.

Well this is only test...
No, it didn't worked at all, I put the moonshell2 files on the moonshl2 folder, and just got the two black screens ô_o
Really? The attached g6dsload.eng is just "dsbize"d moonshl2alt.nds.
Then could you try F_CORE 1.6?

#What I mean before is I tested g6dsload.eng only with F_CORE 1.6.

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Alucart said:
Yes, it is the english version of M3 Real :|

So, there is no way for autobooting it?
Sorry...

For a workaround you can autoboot to M3Sakura (or iSakuReal) and use default*.nds.

I continue investigation.

Alucart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Xenon++ said:
Alucart said:
Yes, it is the english version of M3 Real :|

So, there is no way for autobooting it?
Sorry...

For a workaround you can autoboot to M3Sakura (or iSakuReal) and use default*.nds.

I continue investigation.
could you tell me how I can do that using M3Sakura pretty please? XD sorry =\ I take a look on the system files but I'm just clueless again ô_o

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1. Install m3sakura as primary kernel
2. put waio.nds as defaultx.nds
3. when you want waio, hold X in booting.

[edit] custom g6dsload.eng won't work on M3Real. Only M3iZero.

pikachu945

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Xenon++ I think I know what I need to do to set it up on my DSTTi

1.DLDI PATCH WAIO.nds with TTDS driver
2.encrypt waio.nds to TTMENU.dat
3.Copy _rpg and TTMENU.dat to TF
4.copy fake moonshl2 folder to root

I do not have a loader a mshlwarp does not work!
what do I do

edit: if anyone has this working on a DSTTi please contact me by pm thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FFQ_g8OoQM&list=RD8FFQ_g8OoQM&start_radio=1