vWii is bricked. Can't access at all anymore. Any way to fix it?

SithLord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure how it's bricked but I'm guessing it has something to do with homebrewing the vWii itself and trying to add Wii virtual console games in the vWii, and then trying to clear the SLCCPMT and tried fix mode. Now, vWii doesn't launch at all and if I try, my TV screen turns permanently black while my Wii U gamepad screen just takes me straight back to the Wii U menu. Any effort of help would be greatly appreciated by me, considering how utterly useless YouTube is for me right now trying to find tutorials on how to unbrick or fix vWii for Wii U.

Last edited by SithLord,

SithLord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try forcing a update with vWii Decaffeinator and see if that unbricks it you can get it straight from the Homebrew App Store.
Okay so it takes me straight to the Wii U settings when I try to force the update with Decaffeinator but it doesn't really do anything in the settings. What next?

Pat00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having a similar issue. All games take me to black screen (GC and Wii) even the homebrew launcher takes me to a black screen. I have ran decaffinator in light mode and updated with no luck so far. This happened a few months back as well but only from a certain game. If aggressive mode doesn't help, any other ideas?

Guess now aggressive didn't fix it as I can't run wuphax to install the homebrew channel.

Last edited by Pat00,

SithLord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
select update and wait
Tried light mode and forced update following these steps and it still didn't fix my vWii. Then tried aggressive mode and went to the system settings for the update and now I can't even force update because my Wii U is having problems letting me update because supposedly the internet connection is too weak for it(giving me connection error messages) yet didn't have issues when force updating light mode. I even switched to another network for the aggressive mode update using the mobile hotspot of my smartphone and I'm still getting the same problems. Looks like I'll be permanently stuck with a bricked vWii unless I completely format the entire Wii U system and lose everything I had on it. If only the Wii U's wifi receiver isn't so God-awful bad.

SithLord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having a similar issue. All games take me to black screen (GC and Wii) even the homebrew launcher takes me to a black screen. I have ran decaffinator in light mode and updated with no luck so far. This happened a few months back as well but only from a certain game. If aggressive mode doesn't help, any other ideas?

Guess now aggressive didn't fix it as I can't run wuphax to install the homebrew channel.
Seems like the only option left for the both of us to fix this at this point is to completely format the Wii U but I'm still holding out on it. Don't want to have to lose every game and software I have, installed for it.

Jediweirdo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're doing this with Tiramisu, undo autoboot in order to stop automatic update blocking and then try again. Hopefully, it'll reset everything then.

You could also double-check that you did everything right by following the guide for that on our favorite Wii U homebrew guide site

And if that doesn't work, then you can restore your vWii to an earlier backup using this tool (vWii NAND restorer for anyone who doesn't want to click the link).

All you need to do is make a folder called "vwiinandrestorer" on the root of your SD card, then put in the opt.bin and slccmpt.bin files that came with your NAND backup. Then put the actual homebrew In the usual place where homebrew goes. Finally, launch the app in the Wii U homebrew menu, and boom, you're done!

Although, if you for some dumb reason don't have a NAND backup, then you should make one after you figure out how to fix your vWii. I swear they're cool!

warquezho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i read when using decaf, that if you are on latest 5.5.6 then the system will say "system up to date". Luckily i have my slcc and otp backup and restore from there.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i read when using decaf, that if you are on latest 5.5.6 then the system will say "system up to date". Luckily i have my slcc and otp backup and restore from there.
I don't think this is true. it's going to detect missing titles and redownload them. it pretty much works the same way as the 3ds, so even if on the latest, it will update.

DiegoPG

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Same problem
(Sorry for my bad English)
A few months ago i had the same problem and tried everything i found on the internet and nothing worked until today.
I hope it helps you. All I did was start vWii from another Wii U account and it magically fixed it. I don't know what happened, but it worked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: