Hacking vwii and full nand emulation

thejaso

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been looking around and can't find how to load a wii game from usb, either with wiiflow or with usb loader gx when in sneek. I tried installing an old wiiflow channel to the emulated nand and the system just reboots. Any guides out there that can help show how to play a wii game while using full nand emulation would be helpful.

D

Deleted User

Were you able to get USB loader GX to start up? If so, put your usb drive in the upper USB port in the back of the console. If not, then make sure you have cIOS for vWii installed properly.

thejaso

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cannot get USB loader to load with Sneek as I do not have a wad form of it. what cIOS do I need?

JacobM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I asked the developer of USB Loader GX the same question a few weeks ago and below was his response. Cyan suggested WiiFlow (perhaps WiiFlow lite) might be able to do it but I couldn’t figure out how to configure neek/sneek on WiiFlow. Fledge68 currently maintains WiiflowLite and is active on GBATemp.

No, it's not designed to launch the loader while in neek environment.

if you want to launch channels or games, use the hidden boot menu to mount them to the disc channel.

USB and SD are rarely available for homebrew while in neek, it'll be unstable and could cause corruption. I never coded it to be used from neek. maybe it's possible to do but I don't see the need for now.

If you really want a loader inside neek, Wiiflow should work.

If you manage to launch USBLoaderGX in neek, don't choose "emuNAND" to list channels on your emuNAND, choose "real NAND" as neek system is seen as the real one.

but I'm not sure it'll work because USBGX doesn't reload to requested IOS, instead it tries to load cIOS249 for channels. This is another thing to add to the loader. probably 2019...2020 ? never?

Reactions: Deleted User

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yeah, I guess wiiflow lite is more up to date, but I forget to add "lite", I talk about that tool in general as I don't follow the development I don't know how many mods or branches there are. but I think the original wiiflow already had support to be launched directly from neek, so all child project should still have that option.
You can also try with CFG loader, maybe it's supported, but I know that loader even less than Wiiflow.

if the purpose is to launch a Wii disc based game (not a channel. Well, channels work too), I suggest you use the hidden game menu to mount the game into the neek's disc channel, and launch the game as if it was a real inserted disc launched from the system menu.
If you are using neek for games with AP (tintin, or We dare, for example), then it's the only way to make it work, using an usbloader inside neek will not help as usbloaders always reload to cIOS, which neek will use the original redirected IOS, not a custom one, and the game won't trigger the AntiPiracy at all.

You need "+di" when you setup neek, which will add a di.bin file into sneek folder.
when di.bin file is present, it redirects the disc interface (di) to current partition :

current_partition/wbfs/wbfs games here/or here (same path than usb loaders) <-- if you use neek2o
current_partition/games/TitleID/FS extracted game here/ <-- if you use neek. you can extract a game using Trucha signer or Wiiscrubber

Last edited by Cyan,

thejaso

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, I guess wiiflow lite is more up to date, but I forget to add "lite", I talk about that tool in general as I don't follow the development I don't know how many mods or branches there are. but I think the original wiiflow already had support to be launched directly from neek, so all child project should still have that option.
You can also try with CFG loader, maybe it's supported, but I know that loader even less than Wiiflow.

if the purpose is to launch a Wii disc based game (not a channel. Well, channels work too), I suggest you use the hidden game menu to mount the game into the neek's disc channel, and launch the game as if it was a real inserted disc launched from the system menu.
If you are using neek for games with AP (tintin, or We dare, for example), then it's the only way to make it work, using an usbloader inside neek will not help as usbloaders always reload to cIOS, which neek will use the original redirected IOS, not a custom one, and the game won't trigger the AntiPiracy at all.

You need "+di" when you setup neek, which will add a di.bin file into sneek folder.
when di.bin file is present, it redirects the disc interface (di) to current partition :

current_partition/wbfs/wbfs games here/or here (same path than usb loaders) <-- if you use neek2o
current_partition/games/TitleID/FS extracted game here/ <-- if you use neek. you can extract a game using Trucha signer or Wiiscrubber
Thanks Cyan. I am trying to load Rockband 3 from SNEEK becasue of the dlc. I read that in order for the songs to appear you need to run full nand emulation. When I used wiiflow lite with partial emulation the songs never appeared.

Is there a guide on how to setup and run sneek in vwii?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Full nand emulation doesn't mean neek.
There are two different emuNAND mode : cIOS and neek.

cIOS emuNAND has to option : partial (redirect only the savegames) and full (redirect also the DLC, but require a full dump of your NAND first)

that's what it means :
- create a full NAND dump
- install rockband dlc to that emuNAND dump
- set the game to redirect to emuNAND using the "full" method of cIOS emuNAND.
- launch the game

There's a guide to create and launch neek on vWii in the vWii section.
I don't have direct link, but it's easy to find with a search on the forum's search feature.
it's a thread posted by JoostinOnline <-- adding that name will help finding the thread.

if you use neek, then you don't need wiiflow anymore, you can launch the game directly using original IOS (not cIOS) from the system menu, it will see and load DLC as if it was officially bought. same as full cIOS emuNAND option.

for more info :
cIOS partial emuNAND : redirect /title/01/<title ID>/ <-- this is where channels data and savegames are located.
cIOS full emuNAND : redirect also /title/05/<title ID>/ <-- this is where DLC are located.

Last edited by Cyan,

thejaso

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i setup a neek and it worked using sneek from HBC. Then I tried neek+DI and it won't load. I followed justin's tutorial, but am not sure what to do. I dont know how to get uneek to load either.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
don't load when using +di mean neek didn't find any game to pre-load in di.
you need at least one game on the SD card (or usb, same partition where you placed your emunand folder).

did you extract the game ?
you need to see the game files and folders. put them into a folder with the TitleID, and that one into a /games/ folder.
sd:/games/SZBE69/ all extracted files from partition DATA here.

sd:/title/
sd:/shared1/
sd:/games/SZBE69/tmd.bin
sd:/games/SZBE69/cert.bin
sd:/games/SZBE69/ticket.bin
sd:/games/SZBE69/files/
sd:/games/SZBE69/sys/boot.bin
sd:/games/SZBE69/sys/bi2.bin
sd:/games/SZBE69/sys/apploader.img
etc.

edit:
Maybe I'm wrong, and it loads games only from USB, even if you use Sneek+di
to try to put them in USB first partition (needs to be FAT32, 512bytes/sector)
usb1:/games/titleID/

try DiscEx from Crediar to extract your ISO in proper folder structures.

tutorial for proper filename and structures :
https://gbatemp.net/threads/sneek-di-quick-guide.218725/

Last edited by Cyan,

thejaso

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am still having trouble with getting +di to work. is there a possibility that I am using the wrong d2x? I am using d2x-alt, for the USB comparability as I am playing rockband. Is it possible to load the non alt version?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
neek does not use any cIOS at all. that's all the point of neek : redirect to emuNAND without active custom IOS.

drop the alt version completely, just overwrite d2x slot you use with r52.

thejaso

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay sounds good. I have decided to try and make a nand from modmii with sneek. Which version of the wii system should I choose? I dont see an option for vwii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs.