Vote for Future PSPLUS Free PS4 Titles: Begins Thursday

ps-plus-retail-esdheadertemplate-v367292991-4580.png

Sony's new PSPLUS voting system is rolling out next week, and will feature a ballot of 3 different Playstation 4 titles that can be voted upon for inclusion in the free games collection for PSPLUS users.

The titles that will be listed on the ballot include:

Armello
A grim fairy-tale board game come to life, combining deep, tactical card play, rich tabletop strategy, and RPG elements. Set in a vibrant magical world with a tinge of darkness, Armello thrusts players into an epic struggle for power as they quest, scheme, explore, vanquish monsters, perform the mad king’s royal edicts, and face off against other players, with one ultimate end goal in mind — storming the palace and becoming King or Queen of Armello.

Grow Home
You play BUD (Botanical. Utility. Droid), a robot on a mission to find the Star Plant and save his planet. Discover a strange open-world: a planet of floating islands, with precipitous drops, caves and waterfalls to navigate, all rendered in a minimalist but beautiful art style. Grow the giant Star Plant and use your unique climbing abilities to reach ever higher ground, but be careful as you ascend because one wrong move and it’s a long way down!

Zombie Vikings
From the creators of last year’s indie hit Stick It to The Man! comes a new co-op, four-player stab-you-in-the-gut-a-thon with a dead-funny adventure. Hack through the boiling gingerbread swamps of Molgaga, take a cruise through the intestines of the Midgaard Serpent, fight giant troll poultry, and find out how Söccer was really invented.

Voting begins August 13th, and ends on August 24th.

To cast your vote, sign into your PS4 Plus account, and check your notifications tab to find the Voting application. You can also visit the PSPLUS section of the PSN Store.

For more info, click here.

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was kind of hoping that the selection of titles would be more exciting. I get that they can't do that every month but I really expected more considering its the first time they're having a vote.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
This is one of those ideas that sounds good on paper but in practise will just be anoying. At least they are offering the non-voted games for cheaper but im not sure how i feel about this system in general. Does anyone know if the "voted" game will be included with the normal monthly games? Or will it replace the "top" game each month? If its the latter then yeah... this sucks.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
This is one of those ideas that sounds good on paper but in practise will just be anoying. At least they are offering the non-voted games for cheaper but im not sure how i feel about this system in general. Does anyone know if the "voted" game will be included with the normal monthly games? Or will it replace the "top" game each month? If its the latter then yeah... this sucks.
What do you mean replace the "top" game? Sony just lobbies publishers for games until they can get 2 for each system, they don't have any "rating" system or anything and it's never really been "super good game and super bad game for PS4 this month!". But to answer your question, the voted game will replace one of the two PS4 titles in PS+, so if it were for this month and Grow Home won then it'd take the place of Limbo or the Lara Croft game.

As for the games included in this vote, meh. Armello is an incredibly slow game, Viking Zombies looks ok I guess and Grow Home is one of those neat concept games. I'd probably vote for Grow Home, if I remember to vote at all.

Reactions: Terenigma

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
What do you mean replace the "top" game? Sony just lobbies publishers for games until they can get 2 for each system, they don't have any "rating" system or anything and it's never really been "super good game and super bad game for PS4 this month!". But to answer your question, the voted game will replace one of the two PS4 titles in PS+, so if it were for this month and Grow Home won then it'd take the place of Limbo or the Lara Croft game..

This basically answers my question but yeah. Thats ok then, I always viewed it as one "main" game (this month being tomb raider) so thats what i ment, the months iv been with PS+ it has always seemed like its been one really good game, one average game and a couple of indie games.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Increase. Just the one. The prices of 1 and 12-month subscriptions are still the same, they only increased the price of the 3-month one.

Is that suppose to make the situation any better? It's still a bad move as it shows Sony being greedy and wanting more money.

Sony fanboys once said they never would pay for online and seeing how successful Sony's at it they'll probably increase all of them.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Is that suppose to make the situation any better? It's still a bad move as it shows Sony being greedy and wanting more money.

Sony fanboys once said they never would pay for online and seeing how successful Sony's at it they'll probably increase all of them.
Wanting more money =/= greedy. Perhaps the money will go towards better games or an improved infrastructure, perhaps Sony didn't expect users to adopt the service at such a high capacity and they're having issues on their end - you're not a Sony exec, you don't know why the price was increased. Even if it was just for money, what's wrong with that? What's with the stigma around making money? It's not greed, it's business.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im not sure why people are even paying full price, it goes on sale a bit for $40, last time I payed $50 was because the psn store had a promotion, spend $50 get $10 store credit back, it was the same promotion that was buy a year of psn+ and get 3 months free

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well I don't mind the idea myself, if it is only to give upcoming indie games a bit more exposure...

Grow Home is a good choice for sure, and would make an excellent freebie as it doesn't last all that long yet is a charming little game. I've played the PC version and would probably have another crack on it on my PS4, only if it were free though of course!
Armello I couldn't give two shits about... naturally it's gonna end up being the freebie knowing my luck :lol:
So my vote would go to Zombie Vikings for sure, looks dead fun! :tpi: (I'll let myself out). Seriously though, Stick it to the Man! was great in my opinion, so looking forward to this. Getting it free would be icing on the cake!

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of the latter two will be my vote. I will need to YouTube them more to see which I would prefer to sit on my PS4's hard drive...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated