Voice chat and friends list?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Shadowhunta, Mar 10, 2011.

Mar 10, 2011
  1. Shadowhunta
    OP

Member Shadowhunta GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Okay, heres an interesting one, i wonder how the "friends list" will work? will you be able to chat to them and invite them to games? is the 3ds capable of voice chat online? Also do you think there will be any online co-op games (i'm REALLY hoping the clone wars has a co-op mode!) also i am *hoping* nintendo will bring out a trophy/achievement system as i do think it increases the logevity of the titles...discuss [​IMG]

2. awssk8er

Member awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    The DS had a few games that could use the voice chat, so I would think they would implement it in many more 3DS games.

I'm hoping they have a video chat thing to other 3DSs. If Pokemon Black and White could have webchatting in a game, I wouldn't think it would be a problem to throw that feature in the menu somewhere.

3. Ikki

Member Ikki GBATemp's grumpy panda.

Uruguay
    Iirc, you can invite your friends to play if they're online.
    The 3DS is obviously capable of a voice chat but it doesn't have that feature (by itself at least, you can probably access it with games which have voice chat support such as pokemon)

And Nintendo doesn't like achievements/trophies so you won't be seeing those.

RE: Mercenaries has Co-Op and it has online features (such as a leaderboard) so I don't see why it wouldn't have online Co-Op.