Hacking VitaShell 1.76 Corruption when mounting USB as UX0 on PSTV

Deleted member 437216

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Hi,
Hoping someone can help me with this. I installed VitaShell 1.76 on my internal memory then copied all my files to my USB stick. Once I mounted the USB as UX0 in Vitashell and exit out of Vitashell I then cannot reload Vitashell without getting the corruption error even though all the Vitashell files are on the mounted USB. Would anyone know why this might be and what I need to do to fix this? All other apps I originally installed on my internal memory such as adrenaline 6.1 all work completely fine.

Thanks
Laurence

Reactions: MUDD_BR

MUDD_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi,
Hoping someone can help me with this. I installed VitaShell 1.76 on my internal memory then copied all my files to my USB stick. Once I mounted the USB as UX0 in Vitashell and exit out of Vitashell I then cannot reload Vitashell without getting the corruption error even though all the Vitashell files are on the mounted USB. Would anyone know why this might be and what I need to do to fix this? All other apps I originally installed on my internal memory such as adrenaline 6.1 all work completely fine.

Thanks
Laurence
How do you install vs on internal memory? Via app manager? If so, try to transfer to ux or um again. Did you test the transfer right after you did it?

Deleted member 437216

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
How do you install vs on internal memory? Via app manager? If so, try to transfer to ux or um again. Did you test the transfer right after you did it?
Thanks for getting back. I installed vs originally on the internal memory with molecular shell via vpk and it works fine. After this I copied all the files from the internal memory to the usb using vs could this be the problem? Once I mount usb to UX and close out of vs it says it is corrupt like the app cant be found.

MUDD_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks for getting back. I installed vs originally on the internal memory with molecular shell via vpk and it works fine. After this I copied all the files from the internal memory to the usb using vs could this be the problem? Once I mount usb to UX and close out of vs it says it is corrupt like the app cant be found.
If you still have it, just reinstall via Molecular Shell; or install app manager and try to change location from there!

Deleted member 437216

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I used the v4 vpk to install USBMC but the problem with VitaShell showing as corrupt was before I installed it so I dont think its to do with this.

I read the comment the author of USBMC for v3 "First you need to install Ensō and use VitaShell to mount your USB drive as ux0. This will copy the required files to your USB drive." At this point VitaShell still works until I close it but when i reopen with usb as ux0 it gives me a corruption error on reboot of Vitashell unlike in the below video at 4:36

'Vita USB Mass Storage: Install Games to USB on PSTV' on youtube

Thankyou for your comments so far.

starburst

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Have you tried reinstalling Vita Shell? You can install it once again from Molecular Shell anyway. Moreover, now that you are using the USBMC plug-in, it would be installed directly into your USB drive (mounted as ux0.)

In my case, other than Enso, everything else was installed after I configured the USBMC plug-in, and is thus installed in the USB drive.

Deleted member 437216

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Have you tried reinstalling Vita Shell? You can install it once again from Molecular Shell anyway. Moreover, now that you are using the USBMC plug-in, it would be installed directly into your USB drive (mounted as ux0.)

In my case, other than Enso, everything else was installed after I configured the USBMC plug-in, and is thus installed in the USB drive.
I tried installing with Molecular shell onto the USB when mounted overwriting previous files but it still comes up with corrupt file error. Once I reboot without usb inserted it goes to internal memory and I can boot Vitashell fine from there. Would I mess up my USBMC-plugin install if I uninstall Vitashell from the internal memory following a reboot with USB plugged in? Apologies in advance for my limited understanding in the area.

starburst

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I tried installing with Molecular shell onto the USB when mounted overwriting previous files but it still comes up with corrupt file error. Once I reboot without usb inserted it goes to internal memory and I can boot Vitashell fine from there.
Why Molecular Shell? Was that just an error and you meant Vita Shell?
You should not launch an installer of an already installed application, specially if you are changing the target (by mounting different drives.) If you want to reinstall an application, delete it and then install it.

While the USB drive is plugged-in (the normal scenario), delete Vita Shell. Turn off the device, remove the USB drive, restart and check if there is another Vita Shell installed, either in the Vita Memory card or the Internal Memory. If there were another instance of Vita Shell, delete it (them) and turn off the device. Finally, once there is no other instance of Vita Shell installed, install Vita Shell, either to the Internal Memory (by not plugging in the USB drive) or to the USB drive, but install it only once.

Deleted member 437216

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Why Molecular Shell? Was that just an error and you meant Vita Shell?
You should not launch an installer of an already installed application, specially if you are changing the target (by mounting different drives.) If you want to reinstall an application, delete it and then install it.

While the USB drive is plugged-in (the normal scenario), delete Vita Shell. Turn off the device, remove the USB drive, restart and check if there is another Vita Shell installed, either in the Vita Memory card or the Internal Memory. If there were another instance of Vita Shell, delete it (them) and turn off the device. Finally, once there is no other instance of Vita Shell installed, install Vita Shell, either to the Internal Memory (by not plugging in the USB drive) or to the USB drive, but install it only once.
Sorry I meant to say using Molecular Shell. I followed exactly as you said and it is now working great! Many thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • crafthp434 @ crafthp434:
    like i searched all folders
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    are you using haxchi, tiramisu or aroma?
    yeah
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    no, I'm asking which one of them you are using
    aroma
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    in that case, there is no such thing as homebrew launcher for aroma
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    you have to launch your homebrews directly from the wii u menu
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    there is a plugin that display them on the wii u menu, pretty sure it is enabled by default
    so like it doesnt exist
    yeah
    ?
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    it doesn't exist, at least not for aroma
    ohhhhh
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    on tiramisu you can access it by opening mii maker
    okay
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have a wii u anymore to test it myself, but if homebrews are not visible on the wii u menu I think you can press L + R + minus to open the plugin menu, there should be an option called "homebrews on wii u menu" or something similar
    nope
    it is L+dpad down+ select
    but homebrew is appearing in the home menu btw
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    yes, now I remember it
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    then it is working, I also don't like that they did this but it is the only option you have if you are using aroma
    i just didint know the homebrew launcher didint exist in aroma
    thanks btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im downloading fallout 3 goty edition
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm downloading more ram for my hamster pc
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm downloading more ram for my hamster pc +1