Vita sells 1.2 million units Worldwide

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Glad to see the Nintendo fanboys (we need to think of a name for their group...something witty) shit all over this thread and liked eachothers posts all over the place.
Amazing how bad a fanbase can make itself look.

Anyway, those are good sales. I'm surprised it's not higher though, since i've seen so many damn people talking about their new Vita all over the place. It seemed like everyone has one. I even hear chatter about it all the time at my work, and my store is technologically retarded.
I may be getting one when I get paid on friday if I can afford it, I unfortunately piled up quuuite a few pre-orders between now and early april so I don't really have a ton to spend outside of them until I get my tax refund.

Reactions: 2 people

miruki

Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I may be getting one when I get paid on friday if I can afford it, I unfortunately piled up quuuite a few pre-orders between now and early april so I don't really have a ton to spend outside of them until I get my tax refund.
If you've got enough other games to play until April, I would wait with buying a Vita until then, there's not that much released for it yet and I have mine lying around somewhere next to me while playing on my DS most of the time right now.. mostly because I have to wait until Friday as well before I can spend some money on games (but I'll mostly get PSP games, since I never had a PSP and got quite a few games to catch up with!).

Reactions: 1 person

zanfire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the people who were saying things about 3ds vs vita, this was a good history lesson and shows why the vita selling even "average" is actually amazing against Nintendo domination and killer effect over the years.

http://www.1up.com/features/vita-challenge-history-portable-competition

the fact that Sony was successful enough to make a second console is an achievement in itself.

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
sMjTN.jpg

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
It took 10 weeks in Japan to get 600K, so only the other 600k should be considered part of the "launch in other regions"
I hope it has good legs, 3DS took a nose dive after the initial release.

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
VGChartz are generally bad and not to be trusted since they estimate numbers, not saying the numbers on that chart you posted aren't correct, they might be but if someone sourced VGChartz I'd laugh back at them.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to see the Nintendo fanboys (we need to think of a name for their group...something witty) shit all over this thread and liked each others posts all over the place.
Posting more hypocritical wrong stuff :shit: I see.
I didn't even see that much "fanboyish", comments being liked, specially minus the jk
parts.

Makes me think you didn't even read the whole freaking thread.

I means it easy to post the :shit: you posted without looking at anything.
Glad to see the Sony fanboys (we need to think of a name for their group...something witty) shit all over this thread and liked each others posts all over the place.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
world wide including japan wow those are weak sales japan is like half of those how misleading op

Can you link to your source which claimed Game-Track was creating fake numbers now?

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hopefully the sells will improve cuz they are too low ;.;

Low in comparison to the 3DS now, or in the same time-frame when the 3DS first released? Someone got the numbers on that?

i mean low as i expected this to be west only but seem now that 70% of those sales are from the jap side hopefully it will improve over the week

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries