'Visions of Mana' release date announced

visions of mana.jpg

Square Enix has today revealed the launch date for Visions of Mana, the next mainline installment in the Mana series. For the occasion, a new trailer was aired:

Visions of Mana is a brand-new story and mainline entry to the Mana series and follows the journey of Val, a newly appointed soul guard who is tasked with accompanying his childhood friend, Hinna, a chosen alm to the Tree of Mana. The new trailer introduces new characters Palamena and Julei who Val and Hinna befriend on their journey through the vast world to reach the Tree of Mana. In Visions of Mana, players will be able to build their own three-person dream team while in battle, switching between the five playable characters, Val, Careena, Morley, Palamena, and Julei with supporting companions, Ramcoh, Aesh and Hinna assisting from the side.

The new trailer provides a closer look at some of the latest gameplay features, including the Elemental Vessels, the mystical artifacts that house the power of the elements within them. Players can use the Elemental Vessels to change classes and gain new abilities during battles. With each character possessing their own specific class for each Elemental Vessel, players can customise their team line up to enjoy a flexible, fast-paced fighting style. Visions of Mana also sees the return of the series staple in-battle Ring Menu, allowing players to pause combat and plan out their next move. Elemental triggers can also be found throughout the vibrant world and used to unlock new places to explore and find hidden items on the map.

Players can even sail the sea or soar above the clouds with the beloved travel companions, Vuscav and Flammie. By summoning these trusty companions, players will easily be able to traverse across the open waters and the world map.

Visions of Mana launches on August 29 for PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Microsoft Store and Steam.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Huh. Mana, eh...I've never played Legend of Mana, nor played much of Trials of Mana; I've tried to play Trials, but it just doesn't hold my attention compared to other things I like more.
Maybe I'll end up finishing Trials one day, maybe Visions will prove more enticing; who knows? At this point though, I'm not that excited for Visions, though I am still happy it's coming out for actual Mana fans.

Robert Newbie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh. Mana, eh...I've never played Legend of Mana, nor played much of Trials of Mana; I've tried to play Trials, but it just doesn't hold my attention compared to other things I like more.
Maybe I'll end up finishing Trials one day, maybe Visions will prove more enticing; who knows? At this point though, I'm not that excited for Visions, though I am still happy it's coming out for actual Mana fans.
If you can find one or two people to play Secret of Mana (Seiken Densetsu 2) with, it's a real trip. I've been meaning to give the third game an honest try because that game looked amazing for an SNES release. I think Star Ocean, Tales of Phantasia, and Seiken Densetsu 3 are the best looking JRPG's for the Super Famicom.

Legends of Mana I couldn't get into, so I fell out of the series at that point. I'll go to bat for Secret of Mana any day, and I wonder if this new game will capture any of that magic.

Reactions: Avalyn and AlexMCS

Phearoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am excited, and do want to play it, but let's pray it is more involved than Trials was. I get that Trials was a remake of an SNES game but damn that game was a snoozefest.

Reactions: Ligeia

Kraken_X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can find one or two people to play Secret of Mana (Seiken Densetsu 2) with, it's a real trip. I've been meaning to give the third game an honest try because that game looked amazing for an SNES release. I think Star Ocean, Tales of Phantasia, and Seiken Densetsu 3 are the best looking JRPG's for the Super Famicom.

Legends of Mana I couldn't get into, so I fell out of the series at that point. I'll go to bat for Secret of Mana any day, and I wonder if this new game will capture any of that magic.
It's weird that the newer entries don't have local co-op. That was kinda the entire point of the SNES games. I remember getting the multi-tap (up to 4 players on SNES) and Secret of Mana and Bomberman were pretty much the only games that supported it.

Legend of Mana didn't do a great job with the co-op too. It was super annoying to have almost no control over who the second player played as.

ZeroFX

why?
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Nice, i'll most likely play it, densetsu is a good series, one square enix hasn't able to destroy yet, let's see this one. But i watched the trailer on mute, damn english voice dubbers....

RetroNerdGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the hell is this thread...
On topic though; I loved Trials of Mana remake on Switch and can't wait to try out Visions on PS4. Looks really good and I love the actors they got, really can't wait.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
-snip-
What the hell is this thread...
On topic though; I loved Trials of Mana remake on Switch and can't wait to try out Visions on PS4. Looks really good and I love the actors they got, really can't wait.
Trials of mana :wub:

I'm so excited. I know exactly what I have to do in august xD

• Angry
Reactions: SDA

RetroNerdGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trials of mana :wub:

I'm so excited. I know exactly what I have to do in august xD
Honestly, I have decisions to make. lmao
There's Trails through Daybreak in July, Visions of Mana in August and then October is Fantasy Life i

LIKE I CAN ONLY DO SO MANY JRPGS bah

Xalusc

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Came here for people's reaction to the new Mana game, got people fighting in the comments instead lmao

Also, no Switch?

Ampersound

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The gameplay changes made in the Trials of Mana remake were pretty good.
They streamlined the game and made it more fast paced, while keeping the elemental vulnerabilities and such,
making it a good starting point.

What I am looking for in a proper new entry is:
- a more polished game than SD3 remake
-> this includes music compositions, VAs and audio mixing, but also movement jank. I did like the new visuals.
- building upon the core gameplay of SD remake, but changing things up to a certain degree,
the new game should be its own thing after all.

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I am excited, and do want to play it, but let's pray it is more involved than Trials was. I get that Trials was a remake of an SNES game but damn that game was a snoozefest.
Honestly SK3 is a botched game, talk about overrated. The Trials remake made it tolerable but I don't see myself replaying it ever again despite the multiple scenarios, it is indeed a snoozefest.

console

Elvira fans ❤ :-) I'm rocking Windows 7 for 11 yrs
Trophies
Website
www.startpage.com
XP
Country
United States
Yay! I never forget Visions of Mana game in my wanted list to buy it! I going buy PS4 version only but I would buy PS5 system to play PS4 game without problem. Secret of Mana is my one best favorite all of times on Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES). Best RPG game ever! ❤❤❤❤❤

There is no game for Nintendo Switch due to weak hardware can't handle Visions of Mana game, but will coming to Nintendo Switch 2 in later date.

Reactions: Lumpofcoal

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: