Hacking Virtual Console Hacked !!

NewsWii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
KamuiX said:
Let's hope that we will see in few days "another guy" (you know what i mean) named waninbobo that he'll release it... so Waninkoko's name will be clear because waninbobo did all the baaaad things
blink.gif

ahaha you make me smile KamuiX
yaypsp.gif
, what a strange name for a God... and what you said is quite possible...

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
DjoeNtje said:
kedest said:
Pretty cool proof of concept, that's some nice hacking. But it's not really usefull. One game takes 1 channel this way, your menu will be full in no-time. It's better to wait for full wii-mode homebrew emulators (running from the sd slot, or a bootable dvd). There already is an early version of such a SNES emulator

When you download a VC game it also takes up 1 channel for each VC game
smile.gif

Yes. But then you must pay. With this it's free, and people will ofcourse want to play a lot more games this way. Look at SNES games alone for examle. There are hundreds of them.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if its true than good news, but I'd rather see work done on the emulation scene.

Any chance that the games could maybe be hacked so we can use the emulator running the VC game and use it for games yet to be released on VC? Or is that just retarded?

IxthusTiger

Cruddy's Buddy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I see how it works. Wii updates encrypt the new firmware/software for your wii, so if you just replace the firmware installation with a channel installation, voila! So despite that he says he won't release it, it's actually very likely someone can duplicte the technique.

m0dm0use

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
shame we don't see the game working, I hope this is released today since well the PSP Sony Store has now been hacked (woot Fl0w) would be nice to do this with the Wii goods.

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
IxthusTiger said:
Oh, I see how it works. Wii updates encrypt the new firmware/software for your wii, so if you just replace the firmware installation with a channel installation, voila! So despite that he says he won't release it, it's actually very likely someone can duplicte the technique.
I believe youre right!

IxthusTiger

Cruddy's Buddy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
superrob said:
IxthusTiger said:
I believe youre right!
And don't forget to Trucha sign it!

FranckKnight

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Personally I thought the Virtual Console worked like this :

The file you download would be made of 3 parts :

-The ROM itself
-A minimalist emulator optimized for Wii consoles (controls, saving and such)
-Encryption/Code that would be unique to the Wii console so it wouldn't be copied to other Wiis.

So I believed that since you could put the VC game on a SD card, it was just a matter of time until someone figures out how the code/encryption works, and then you could 'exchange' the ROM for another one, or change the encryption to fit your Wii.

I guess it's more complicated that this since after 2 years there's still no way to do it (at least not released).

ssmatt

Trophies
XP
Country
Out of curiosity, would it be possible to somehow get any N64 rom working through the VC emulator?

I'd love the current ones (Kirby 64 for example), but I'd like to replay the Banjo games and Conkers BFD etc, and it looks like we'll be getting this before any N64 emulators >.>

Timmyhawky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ssmatt said:
Out of curiosity, would it be possible to somehow get any N64 rom working through the VC emulator?

I'd love the current ones (Kirby 64 for example), but I'd like to replay the Banjo games and Conkers BFD etc, and it looks like we'll be getting this before any N64 emulators >.>

We can already use the N64 emulator which is included in Zelda: Collectors Edition. Some sites provide pre-compiled ROM packages, but these are illegal so I don't link to them.

Give it a Google
smile.gif

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Timmyhawky said:
ssmatt said:

We can already use the N64 emulator which is included in Zelda: Collectors Edition. Some sites provide pre-compiled ROM packages, but these are illegal so I don't link to them.

Give it a Google
smile.gif

Yeah, but that emulator runs in GameCube mode. I believe most N64 games have certain problems running through it. Only games that have a similar engine to Ocarina of Time run without problems, like Majoras Mask, and Super Mario 64. Also, I think I remember reading that it won't load certain games, like Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, etc.

cartman100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
better running N64 games on the PC Project64 emulator, the games look much nicer in hi resolution, just had a look on the virtual console, what a rip off the games are , c64 IK+ - £2.50 , bloody hell , its only 38k of code, you could probably buy a c64 + 100 games for £2.50 now , hehe

laugh.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cartman100 said:
IK+ - £2.50 , bloody hell , its only 38k of code
Its not IK+ its only IK, no 3 way fighting at all, its still a good game but IK+ was so much better.

King Zargo

I'm a Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
katsuce said:
strange thing though: neither wiinewz nor waninkoko's website are reporting this...
Nowhere in this story it says that waninkoko made it. Only that its created thanks to him.

QUOTEVirtual Console Hackeada!

PREMIER!!! PREMIER!

So! Although unable to believe what their eyes reading this, has already been Hackeada Virtual Console, or rather ... A channel for the Virtual Console.

This is just the beginning, we may even have to be corrected details, but has been able to channel a copy of the original game and virtual console has been installed in another Wii through a disc truchado.

There are no further details at this stage as this test phase.

Here is a video installation, which enjoy it.

http://mx.youtube.com/watch?v=eXpHoNOtP_U Http://mx.youtube.com/watch?v=eXpHoNOtP_U

PS A special thanks to Waninkoko, because without such things as never could have been done.

Thanks Waninkoko are incredible, and continues to champion.

Saludos!!! Greetings!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying