Hacking Virtual Console Hacked !!

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
This does not convince me at all... that video could EASILY be fake.
really just saying "i made this, here is this video of just the wii screen, with me updating it, not showing the console or anything, oh also i won't release this"
We have seen so much of this shit... and to be honest, theres a small flick once the update ends.

Until we see a real video sowing him inserting the dvd and doing every step on his own, this video doesnt prove anything.

mb01

Trophies
XP
Country
Waninkoko is pretty well respected, and has made a lot of good programs. Why would he want to give himself a bad name for releasing a fake video?

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
raulpica said:
Waninkoko confirmed on ElOtroLado that this method works, and uses Trucha. And also specifically said that they're NOT going to release it.

At least for now.

hah, who cares if he doesn't release it there are fully compatible emulators that run on the Wii anyway, it just proves that he has nothing if he refuses to show anything.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mb01 said:
Waninkoko is pretty well respected, and has made a lot of good programs. Why would he want to give himself a bad name for releasing a fake video?

Exactly.

He makes the duplicate channels remover, the IOS version patcher, and all the sudden he starts making fake videos..I don't think so..

webyugioh

Trophies
Website
www.free-ftp.org
XP
Country

Here is the vid.

also the translated info by google
QUOTE said:
Virtual Console Hackeada!

PREMIER!!! PREMIER!

So! Although unable to believe what their eyes reading this, has already been Hackeada Virtual Console, or rather ... A channel for the Virtual Console.

This is just the beginning, we may even have to be corrected details, but has been able to channel a copy of the original game and virtual console has been installed in another Wii through a disc truchado.

There are no further details at this stage as this test phase.

Here is a video installation, which enjoy it.

http://mx.youtube.com/watch?v=eXpHoNOtP_U Http://mx.youtube.com/watch?v=eXpHoNOtP_U

PS A special thanks to Waninkoko, because without such things as never could have been done.

Thanks Waninkoko are incredible, and continues to champion.

Saludos!!! Greetings!

mb01

Trophies
XP
Country
Bob Loblaw said:
mb01 said:

Exactly.

He makes the duplicate channels remover, the IOS version patcher, and all the sudden he starts making fake videos..I don't think so..

Agreed.
This has got to be easier than expected though so i'm positive that we will see a release. If not from Waninkoko then someone else will figure out how to do it. It may be as easy as inserting the VC game into an update and editing the update to just install the channels with the inserted VC games and Trucha Signing it. (hopefully)

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
jalaneme said:
raulpica said:
Waninkoko confirmed on ElOtroLado that this method works, and uses Trucha. And also specifically said that they're NOT going to release it.

At least for now.

hah, who cares if he doesn't release it there are fully compatible emulators that run on the Wii anyway, it just proves that he has nothing if he refuses to show anything.

Yep.. the current state of emulators are much better than the VC games.. since you can play whatever the game you want, and not just the ones available there
tongue.gif

Also, I won't waste a DVD on a NES game either..

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CockroachMan said:
jalaneme said:
raulpica said:

At least for now.

Yep.. the current state of emulators are much better than the VC games.. since you can play whatever the game you want, and not just the ones available there
tongue.gif

Yeah but for wiiware games like FF:CC

mb01

Trophies
XP
Country
CockroachMan said:
jalaneme said:
raulpica said:

At least for now.

tongue.gif

Just use DVD-RW.... Also VC games are Wiimote and Classic controller compatible. And Wiiware games should work aswell.

KamuiX

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Let's hope that we will see in few days "another guy" (you know what i mean) named waninbobo that he'll release it... so Waninkoko's name will be clear because waninbobo did all the baaaad things
blink.gif

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pretty cool proof of concept, that's some nice hacking. But it's not really usefull. One game takes 1 channel this way, your menu will be full in no-time. It's better to wait for full wii-mode homebrew emulators (running from the sd slot, or a bootable dvd). There already is an early version of such a SNES emulator

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
kedest said:
Pretty cool proof of concept, that's some nice hacking. But it's not really usefull. One game takes 1 channel this way, your menu will be full in no-time. It's better to wait for full wii-mode homebrew emulators (running from the sd slot, or a bootable dvd). There already is an early version of such a SNES emulator

When you download a VC game it also takes up 1 channel for each VC game
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really...