Hacking Videos on AceKard 2 using AIO Software

lilz01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So i bought an AceKard 2 im Using Acekard2 with Menu (so im not using moonshell) When i owned my R4 i used dpgtools to encode the video files and play them on the ds. now i have no idea what to use to play the movies and photos. I dont want to change the software to Moonshell cause i like the convenience of the acekard software. please any help would be greatly appreciated!! thanks

***if i were to use moonshell does this replace the ak2 software***

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Moonshell will not replace the AK2 menu. After installing Moonshell, you would launch Moonshell from the AK2 menu and then select a video to play. There is a version of Moonshell already set up for the AK2 on the Acekard website in the download area.

-Bri

KnightFire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You run MoonShell just like any other .nds software; basically you're running a menu program within a menu in order to play .dpg videos. I don't recall if you can "reset" out of the MoonShell back to the ak2/AIO menu without having to turn the power off instead.

D'oh! Bri beat me to the punch.

g3p3nk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
"I don't recall if you can "reset" out of the MoonShell back to the ak2/AIO menu without having to turn the power off instead."

you can. if you're using the moonshell given in acekard website, there is this "button" on top left corner on your touch screen.
there should be RESET.MSE that'll take you back to ak2/rpg menu.
or you can again go click that button and choose costumize. go to tab "System2" there should be an option:
When press START button:
o Show debug menu
o Soft rest

pressing start to reset out of moonshell.

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you don't want to run moonshell to play videos you can convert them to .dsm format, (search for DSMPlay for a converter) then you can boot them directly from the AKAIO menu.

The biggest drawback is the large file size
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really...